Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #40,021 of 40,664
This looks amazing, I’d have gotten this colour if not for the fact that I’m given to understand that the gold plating (?) does impact the sonic quality. And I’m all about chasing that imaginary dragon of the minuscule auditory change 🤣
Gold plating on the outer shell impacting sound quality ? What’s next .. eating gold improves your hearing ? This forum lmao … 😂

Jan 29, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #40,023 of 40,664
This looks amazing, I’d have gotten this colour if not for the fact that I’m given to understand that the gold plating (?) does impact the sonic quality. And I’m all about chasing that imaginary dragon of the minuscule auditory change 🤣

Based on what I know about this space (a lifetime worth).. yes and no. If there’s any resonance difference it isn’t necessarily due to the color but rather the coating and how it’s applied. Believe it or not, it’s possible.

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #40,025 of 40,664
Raven has bone conduction. I suppose the shell material does have an impact on sound?
Shell material is the same for both Gold and Black versions. The gold one simply has a gold plating on the outer shell. There’s no difference inside the shell.

In other words, a white egg, a brown egg and those colored eggs all taste the same :)

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #40,026 of 40,664
Shell material is the same for both Gold and Black versions. The gold one simply has a gold plating on the outer shell. There’s no difference inside the shell.

In other words, a white egg, a brown egg and those colored eggs all taste the same :)
You underestimate the level of crazy in this hobby, my friend... 😅 (and I'm not pointing fingers at @metaljem77, we're all smitten to some degree).

Jan 30, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #40,027 of 40,664
You underestimate the level of crazy in this hobby, my friend... 😅 (and I'm not pointing fingers at @metaljem77, we're all smitten to some degree).
I don’t think I have any grounds to deny that I’m applied zero common sense in this hobby 😅🤣

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #40,029 of 40,664

I swear I taste the difference between white eggs, brown eggs and coloured eggs!

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #40,030 of 40,664
If anybody is interested, Andrew from Musicteck sent me this photo today of the satin standard edition Raven. Outside of the two photos Jack posted way back, this is the only other shot I've seen. They look killer - wish more brands did all black sets.

And now through the power of next day shipping!

Very glad I waited on these - they are gorgeous looking in person! Very subtle contrast between the faceplate and the shell, they look downright luxurious.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 30, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #40,031 of 40,664
I don’t think I have any grounds to deny that I’m applied zero common sense in this hobby 😅🤣
Hey, I bought a mirror finish LE because I thought it looked nice. And them promptly traded it because it seemed prone to scratching despite whatever magic it was suppose to have.

Very glad I waited on these - they are gorgeous looking in person! Very subtle contrast between the faceplate and the shell, they look downright luxurious.
I feel like the new faceplates probably don't photograph as well.

But also the logos in that finish just seems off.

Maybe someday I'll get Raven again, but not now.

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #40,032 of 40,664

Love the satin black, looks dope!

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #40,033 of 40,664
Just resisted my Raven (V2 Launch edition) in the marketplace for anybody who wants a pair for a LOT less than new. Just can't deal with IEMs in my head, which is a drag, because these sound better than my Utopia 2022. PM me if interested!

Jan 31, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #40,034 of 40,664
I feel like the new faceplates probably don't photograph as well.

Matte black anything never seems to photograph well. It just ends up flat, and my phone keeps trying to turn them gray.

Couple natural light photos for anybody who cares.

Early impressions are that these sound as I remember - massive soundstage, bass quality in the way only EE can pull off, while still having great vocal clarity and technicalities. What a special set….these deserved better than the mess of a launch they got.

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5410.jpeg
    IMG_5410.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 31, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #40,035 of 40,664
Matte black anything never seems to photograph well. It just ends up flat, and my phone keeps trying to turn them gray.

Couple natural light photos for anybody who cares.

Early impressions are that these sound as I remember - massive soundstage, bassy in the way only EE can pull off, while still having great vocal clarity and technicalities. What a special set….these deserved better than the mess of a launch they got.
Thanks for sharing.

IMO, they look a lot better than I expected. The initial sneak peek that Jack showed off at the bar looked way more matte and I didn't think it'd match with the gloss black shell. The faceplate in your pics show off a tiny bit of sheen and I think it looks great.

1706731547760.png
1706731455679.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back