Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #39,993 of 40,724
I definitely look fwd to listening to Raven during CJ SG in April, it’s on my potential buy list :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #39,994 of 40,724
Hello everyone, could someone point out the differences between the Raven and the Rn6... I'm very undecided on which one to pull the trigger on, there are still too few impressions...
I should have both early next month - Rn6 is pretty much a given, not so sure about the Raven :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #39,995 of 40,724
I definitely look fwd to listening to Raven during CJ SG in April, it’s on my potential buy list :)
I have both. RN6 built like tank , very comfortable. Overall feeling of a premium jewellery piece. Both Raven and RN6 are top tier. RN6 imho has great midrange bass perfect for rock music. Ravens bass slams at least the same but its focus quite bit lower. Raven been my daily driver since I figured out the fit. It’s addictive and special experience.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #39,996 of 40,724
I have both. RN6 built like tank , very comfortable. Overall feeling of a premium jewellery piece. Both Raven and RN6 are top tier. RN6 imho has great midrange bass perfect for rock music. Ravens bass slams at least the same but its focus quite bit lower. Raven been my daily driver since I figured out the fit. It’s addictive and special experience.
Thank you very much for the impressions! I heard that the Raven should be wider and more holographic than the RN6, and how do the treble differ? I vaguely understood that they are more extensive and bright in Raven with a more V or W shape and more balanced and fluid in rn6... was I right or did I understand wrong...

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #39,997 of 40,724
RE: the discussion on the Ravens not selling...The initial debacle + 2 pin issues + Odin measuring better and (IMO, of course) sounding far superior makes the Odin a better buy. I think EE made a perfect summit-fi IEM, and now anything else just isn't going to be it. The Ravens sounded great at CJ Dallas, but they had a more recessed mid range and a deeper bass response than my Odins, that's about it.

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #39,998 of 40,724
RE: the discussion on the Ravens not selling...The initial debacle + 2 pin issues + Odin measuring better and (IMO, of course) sounding far superior makes the Odin a better buy. I think EE made a perfect summit-fi IEM, and now anything else just isn't going to be it. The Ravens sounded great at CJ Dallas, but they had a more recessed mid range and a deeper bass response than my Odins, that's about it.
As far as I'm concerned, I would have also been interested in Odin but I have read several times with very similar opinions that the uppermids present more than one problem.. something not found at all with Raven and that overall he is superior to him.. but obviously I have not listened and therefore I oriented myself on the reviews of many and the dilemma shifted between Raven and rn6 which could correspond more to my tastes

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #39,999 of 40,724
I liked the Odin and the Raven at CJ Dallas but I preferred the Odyssey. Though the Raven sounded a lot like it, the upper mids sounded a bit more recessed (IMO) than the Odyssey.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #40,001 of 40,724
What is your opinion of Raven's lower mids versus Odyssey's lower mids?
The Raven lower mids are warm, detailed and very likable and I can say the same for the Odyssey albeit they sound a bit thinner, but not thin.

Jan 26, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #40,002 of 40,724
Thank you very much for the impressions! I heard that the Raven should be wider and more holographic than the RN6, and how do the treble differ? I vaguely understood that they are more extensive and bright in Raven with a more V or W shape and more balanced and fluid in rn6... was I right or did I understand wrong...
To my ears RN6 has wider stage . Raven maybe has more depth but Radon has exceptional stage. I’m not good at using audiophile terms. RN6 seems to be a bit more piercing on some tracks . Raven treble might go higher but it’s smoother to my ears. Best way I can explain is this . Since I figured out Raven fit which was hell of challenge for me . I almost give up on the them . Anyway , once I got good fit , it been my daily driver exclusively . I haven’t been listening to my Xn6 or RN6. But if i can only have one IEM , it would be RN6 hands down.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #40,003 of 40,724
Hello everyone, could someone point out the differences between the Raven and the Rn6... I'm very undecided on which one to pull the trigger on, there are still too few impressions...
Raven has the bigger stage and there's overall more room and you can focus on particular on something very specifically in the music. Gives a very tactile bass that no other iem has outside of the Evo. Treble. Treble extensions is top notch and there's more sparkle and air up top compared to the Odin but I'd consider it smooth, it just shines a bit more without the monster upper mids. Cable wise, do some rolling, the PW cable is serviceable but you can't help there can be more.

Rn6 is relatively more intimate and a bit more musical and dynamic overall as a result. Kinetic bass (especially in custom) has more slam and impact ie more physical bass. Treble extension (It's Bogdan treble I mean), bit more air and sparkle than the Raven and more in line with my tastes of course ymmv, Raven is a safer bet treble wise. FiR stock cable is *chef's kiss*

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #40,004 of 40,724
Rn6 hands down. Rn6 is limited edition. Raven is not. If you want to pick up the Raven after it goes on discount later you can. Not as easy for Rn6.
To my ears RN6 has wider stage . Raven maybe has more depth but Radon has exceptional stage. I’m not good at using audiophile terms. RN6 seems to be a bit more piercing on some tracks . Raven treble might go higher but it’s smoother to my ears. Best way I can explain is this . Since I figured out Raven fit which was hell of challenge for me . I almost give up on the them . Anyway , once I got good fit , it been my daily driver exclusively . I haven’t been listening to my Xn6 or RN6. But if i can only have one IEM , it would be RN6 hands down.
Would personally take the Rn6 for rock/metal hands down.
The thing is the product launch was tainted by issues. It is not surprising people are not as willing to buy given the known issues. That and I am not sure how much the iem has changed personally. Odin can be had for far cheaper on the used market.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #40,005 of 40,724
Raven has the bigger stage and there's overall more room and you can focus on particular on something very specifically in the music. Gives a very tactile bass that no other iem has outside of the Evo. Treble. Treble extensions is top notch and there's more sparkle and air up top compared to the Odin but I'd consider it smooth, it just shines a bit more without the monster upper mids. Cable wise, do some rolling, the PW cable is serviceable but you can't help there can be more.

Rn6 is relatively more intimate and a bit more musical and dynamic overall as a result. Kinetic bass (especially in custom) has more slam and impact ie more physical bass. Treble extension (It's Bogdan treble I mean), bit more air and sparkle than the Raven and more in line with my tastes of course ymmv, Raven is a safer bet treble wise. FiR stock cable is *chef's kiss*
Agreed. Rn6 is more intimate. It is like being inside of or next to the music. Especially with the kinetic bass. I also find that I would not trade Rn6's stock cable for anything, it really is that good.
I got to where I don't feel the Odyssey at all once they are in. I started using the Divinus Velvet and the TRI Clarion in a smaller size for a deeper fit and the Odyssey is perfectly comfortable despite the size of it.
Try the divinus velvet tips you say? Will do. I never found Odyssey to be uncomfortable. I actually preferred it to the Odin.
Funnily enough, I found Raven to be much more comfortable than both EVO and Odyssey… despite being slightly wider. Never felt any fatigue at all which couldn’t be said for the other two.
What do you think makes the Raven more comfortable? Just that they are both made by the same company. What would happen to you with the other two? What would you rate Raven for comfort on a scale of 1 to 10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back