Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 15, 2024 at 8:43 PM Post #39,946 of 40,577
Any updates for those of us that returned our V1s to EE? Almost 2 months now, especially frustrating when they're now readily available from several retailers
Wait, what!? You turned in your V1’s and haven’t recieved V2’s? Your transaction had to be lost in the shuffle. I would reach out to them immediately.

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #39,947 of 40,577
Wait, what!? You turned in your V1’s and haven’t recieved V2’s? Your transaction had to be lost in the shuffle. I would reach out to them immediately.

I’d have to agree. I reached out to EE about a swap and Jack got back to me regarding my concern. It was obvious that he’s very consumed by work but my take away was that the V2 units were being fulfilled pretty rapidly at this point.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #39,948 of 40,577
The Dunu S&S tips work very well with the Odin. Swapped out the Spinfit Omni's for them and so far I like them. Great seal, solid bottom end and more treble detail. Good soundstage.
Funny, I didn't like these at all with Raven. Felt uncomfortable in the ear, and generally made the sound more bassy, with loss of treble detail. Might be the blunt shape, doesn't let the tips go as far into my ear canal.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #39,949 of 40,577
I've been. playing with them on the Odin, and I find them LESS bassy and more trebly. I switched from the Stormbreaker to the 1960 and that brought things back into alignment. Using the M Dunu.

I'm using the MS Omni for a deeper fit and, while they're comfortable, I don't find them as secure as the Dunu. But then, I walk with them. The Omni tend to move around slightly after about a mile, and I have to reseat.

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #39,950 of 40,577
I've been. playing with them on the Odin, and I find them LESS bassy and more trebly. I switched from the Stormbreaker to the 1960 and that brought things back into alignment. Using the M Dunu.

I'm using the MS Omni for a deeper fit and, while they're comfortable, I don't find them as secure as the Dunu. But then, I walk with them. The Omni tend to move around slightly after about a mile, and I have to reseat.
This is probably a good example of how ear canal shape affects sound. And comfort.

Jan 19, 2024 at 8:21 PM Post #39,951 of 40,577
Hi! I shared here my frustrations with my Raven exchange from v1 to v2.

I'd like to follow-up on this and express my sincere gratitude for @Jack Vang and his team to help out and deliver the revised Raven just in time in an over-night express shipment.

Jack and the team pulled it off after all. I really appreciate it.

Jan 20, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #39,952 of 40,577
Hi! I shared here my frustrations with my Raven exchange from v1 to v2.

I'd like to follow-up on this and express my sincere gratitude for @Jack Vang and his team to help out and deliver the revised Raven just in time in an over-night express shipment.

Jack and the team pulled it off after all. I really appreciate it.
So how do you like the v2s?

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #39,953 of 40,577
kann alpha + pw audio 1960s 2 wire + raven v2 + jvc spiral dot (not ++) eartips == winning combo.

truly exceptional for listening to pop, rock, and edm.

i personally pefer the 1960s 2 wire over the stock cable

20240120_194112.jpg

1. test tracks (played under high gain)
- thunder (imagine dragons - evolve album) (24/44.1 flac)
- bullet in a gun (imagine dragons - origins album) (24/44.1 flac)
- plastic hips (siriusmo - enthusiast album) (16/44.1 wav)
- thriller (michael jackson - thriller album) (dsd)

2. impressions (performance of said raven v2 setup compared to ve ext paired with pw audio 1960s 2 wire and radius deep mount eartips)
- easier to drive
- w-signature
- on-par dynamics
- taller, wider, and deeper soundstage
- sharper images and layering with more air between layers
- same natural organic but lighter, drier, and more intimate vocals
- clearer and better defined and textured bass

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #39,955 of 40,577
Jan 20, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #39,956 of 40,577
Jan 20, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #39,957 of 40,577
The humor isn’t in you or me wanting to sample products. The humor is in the thought of summoning the infamous Jack Vang after he’s been absent in this thread for how long now? And the sick part is EE will never have to face the music. Just disappear till the crap storm ends, products will land on doorsteps and all will be forgotten. Quite remarkable really.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #39,958 of 40,577
I thought I'd cross post here as I feel EE's non-TOTL offerings often get overlooked while still being very competent in their own right.

I managed to recently pick up an Eletech Socrates on the cheap for one of my out-and-about IEM’s, the Empire Ears Hero. Besides the obvious aesthetic synergy, I find this an EXCELLENT pairing, more so than the Raphael. The cable is surprisingly technically competent for a copper which caught me off guard. It has an emphasis on bass impact, stick impact and clarity it seems while being more spacious (albeit less romantic) than the Raphael. A really great pairing with the feral hero and an absolute blast to listen to.

IMG_2352.jpeg

Jan 21, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #39,959 of 40,577
I thought I'd cross post here as I feel EE's non-TOTL offerings often get overlooked while still being very competent in their own right.

I managed to recently pick up an Eletech Socrates on the cheap for one of my out-and-about IEM’s, the Empire Ears Hero. Besides the obvious aesthetic synergy, I find this an EXCELLENT pairing, more so than the Raphael. The cable is surprisingly technically competent for a copper which caught me off guard. It has an emphasis on bass impact, stick impact and clarity it seems while being more spacious (albeit less romantic) than the Raphael. A really great pairing with the feral hero and an absolute blast to listen to.

IMG_2352.jpeg
Eletech Socrates is an amazing cable. It helps out a lot with the EE Legend X. Very rare to find a good cheap cable. Socrates hits the sweet spot for value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back