Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 18, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #39,706 of 40,577
I have a question (may be a stupid one). For the BCD to work the way it’s intended, I assume it has to touch the outer ear (where the bones are).
With the size of the Raven, will the contact point of the BCD (which is on the side) be optimal, especially for smaller ears ?

With the Odyssey already with it’s large shell I feel like only half of the BCD is touching the outer ear.

Dec 18, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #39,707 of 40,577
I have a question (may be a stupid one). For the BCD to work the way it’s intended, I assume it has to touch the outer ear (where the bones are).
With the size of the Raven, will the contact point of the BCD (which is on the side) be optimal, especially for smaller ears ?

With the Odyssey already with it’s large shell I feel like only half of the BCD is touching the outer ear.
If Raven works like Evo, my understanding is that the BCD transmits its signal through the nozzle and tip, so the IEM body does not need to be in full contact with the ear. This is also the reason why foam tips do not really work.

Dec 18, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #39,708 of 40,577
If Raven works like Evo, my understanding is that the BCD transmits its signal through the nozzle and tip, so the IEM body does not need to be in full contact with the ear. This is also the reason why foam tips do not really work.
I knew I was missing something. Thanks for the information on how the BCD works in EE IEMs. This answers my question :)

Dec 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #39,709 of 40,577
Sometimes if you get a snug enough fit. You can get some extra rumble (more like vibration) from the side of the IEM making contact with your conch.

Dec 18, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #39,710 of 40,577
On a positive note, ECT HK has made a post on social media with the expected dates for when RAVEN will be in stock.
Limited edition RAVEN (Mirrored gold faceplates and satin gold faceplates) are expected to be in stock by Janauary 2024
Normal RAVEN ( Satin Black Faceplates) expected to be in stock at Mid January 2024.

The wait is almost over :beerchug:

IMG_0094.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #39,711 of 40,577
On a positive note, ECT HK has made a post on social media with the expected dates for when RAVEN will be in stock.
Limited edition RAVEN (Mirrored gold faceplates and satin gold faceplates) are expected to be in stock by Janauary 2024
Normal RAVEN ( Satin Black Faceplates) expected to be in stock at Mid January 2024.

IMG_0094.jpeg
That's great to hear! I'm hoping e-earphone will have demos by the time I visit in January.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #39,712 of 40,577

IMG_0094.jpeg
Ahh yes. A ray of light in the darkest hours of this thread 😂

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #39,713 of 40,577
For those of us who have been on this thread for many (many) years, people come and go, knives are sharpened and plunged, statements are made that can't be retracted, accusations have been leveled and denied.

Personally, I just take it all with a big grain of salt.

I've been on much worse threads (the Pono threads, for example) where it got really down and dirty. The Sound Science thread can also get really rough.

Some of you didn't like CL, some did. If he's leaving, he's leaving. Making statements about how happy you personally are about it doesn't make you look good.

Time to drop it and move on.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #39,714 of 40,577
I just can’t get that new Raven black satin faceplate out of my head. I like mine as is but I might have to make a poor financial decision when they are finally available. Maybe the stars will align and I can do a 1 for 1 swap bearing all the changes and improvements that seem to be coming as well. Time will tell.

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #39,715 of 40,577
I just can’t get that new Raven black satin faceplate out of my head. I like mine as is but I might have to make a poor financial decision when they are finally available. Maybe the stars will align and I can do a 1 for 1 swap bearing all the changes and improvements that seem to be coming as well. Time will tell.
The black is the one I am waiting for.

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #39,717 of 40,577
It's more like getting a present you wanted from someone. A Xmas miracle would be "show ignored content" no longer showing for me on the thread.

While the biggest offender is gone. There's still a few more of them here, where them leaving would be a real Christmas Miracle.

Onto other things. ECT leak is good, maybe NA dealers will have it sooner. I've been waiting on a demo unit before I head down to the store and I've also had a few other things I been wanting to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back