Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 16, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #39,691 of 40,579
Hello Mr Gott
Yes very unfortunate my SE was an excellent like new from Andrew ..Have purchased numerous products there.Raven is indeed very high grade IEM for me as an OAP its a privilege to be able to get these
John

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #39,693 of 40,579
My preferred pairing for LX is PWA's 1950s (or clone). I've rolled many, many cables with LX over the years (and more recently with my repurchased unit) and keep going back to 1950s as the one that gives LX the most balanced, technical tuning without neutering its 'legendary' bass and natural musicality.
I would agree with this. I also have the 1950s and it paired with LX is pretty special.

Dec 16, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #39,694 of 40,579
I feel like you're already in the fire anyways explaining those purchases to the missus.

This probably like a minor flame to you.

I nominate @jwilliamhurst or anyone else crazy enough to have bought Odin more than once.

While I do have a minor flex of being the owner of the Odin and Aurelius Ordo that Empire (through Gladiator) showed on insta recently, I'm already knee deep being a Gladiator shill.
Haha, what am I being nominated for? I haven’t been keeping up with this thread for the obvious reasons…

Dec 16, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #39,695 of 40,579
This is my normal pairing with the LX, but my Leo II is terminated in 2.5mm and I was considering an alternate 4.4mm cable without the need for an adapter. I should just send in all my cables for Term X. I have to say I absolutely love the right-angled Pentaconn connector though, I wish more manufacturers offered it.
Yeah, I’m with you on right-angled connectors. I’ve always preferred them over straight, and I don’t know why they’re always considered the secondary option. Thankfully, that Pentaconn plug’s fairly easy to buy on its own. I’ve had one of my 7-pin JH cables reterminated with it. ‘Looks and feels great!

My preferred pairing for LX is PWA's 1950s (or clone). I've rolled many, many cables with LX over the years (and more recently with my repurchased unit) and keep going back to 1950s as the one that gives LX the most balanced, technical tuning without neutering its 'legendary' bass and natural musicality.
Nice! A tighter-sounding copper sounds like a great pair with the LX too, and the 1950s is one of the quicker, “brighter” (if you’ll call it that) coppers I’ve heard. It used to be neck-and-neck with the Han Sound Audio Venom for separation and background clarity in Singapore, but the latter had an even more colourless tone. I really loved the way the Venom sounded. ‘Shame it had what felt like snakeskin for shielding and crackling microphonics. Sleeved cables then ain’t what they are today. :D

Shame that here's nobody new getting Launch Edition V2.
I cannot stop listening to my Raven Launch Edition V2. That's currently my new No.1! The new changes they make in sound are awesome better bass, warmer tuning. I think it cannot be better!
Well, ‘glad to hear there’s at least a couple happy campers here. I actually saw on social media that South Korea may have a V2 demo available. Jack was just there for a show, so that makes sense. Can anyone there confirm?

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #39,696 of 40,579
Good night..A very elderly head Fi member.Being following EE thread about Raven but will not offer opinion.Got special edition Raven from Musicteck on Thursday.Live in EU ..Have Odyssey which I found to my liking..Raven in my humble personal opinion big improvement.Very comfortable..Bass hits hard but not offensively..Improved soundstage & layering.My sympathies to all people waiting..Thank you John
Big improvement and comfortable compared to the Odyssey you say, hmm.

I have the Odyssey and I had once pre-ordered the Raven. Cancelled it after seeing the broken faceplates and stayed away from this thread due to the self-appointed reps here who kept attacking me for my opinions.

Meanwhile already purchased the Monarch Mk3, a new camera and kit and a whole lot of other things while waiting for the Raven. Tough choice at the moment whether to order (again) the Raven or the Hiby R8 II, current budget only allows one so still thinking which one to get first.

Dec 17, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #39,697 of 40,579
Hello everybody
I just restart my Quest searching for audio Heaven
I got a Cayin N7 and a Cayin N3Pro.
I have been in love with the Empire Ears Bravado Onix.
Sadly my Bravado broke down last week.
My question to you guys:
Would the Legend X will be the next logical step?
if not which set you recommend?
Since I didn't see any public replies on this, I'd say if you want a set that focuses on the presentation (feels like an actual instrument with the additional physical layer) and not just quantity of bass I'd go for the Legend EVOs. Otherwise if the price is too large of a step, I'd go for the LX. A lot of people do say the LX has a lot of bass, but compared with the EVOs and Ravens it feels flat without the additional bone conduction and updated Weapon IX+. Vocals and mids are a bit more bodied than the LX, feels like they had to pull out the sharpness on the LX so it sounds more tinny.

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #39,698 of 40,579
Hello everybody
I just restart my Quest searching for audio Heaven
I got a Cayin N7 and a Cayin N3Pro.
I have been in love with the Empire Ears Bravado Onix.
Sadly my Bravado broke down last week.
My question to you guys:
Would the Legend X will be the next logical step?
if not which set you recommend?
If you want a more well rounded IEM than LX or EVO, I'd look for a good used Odyssey. That'd give you the benefit of EE's bone conduction included in the full quadbrid driver complement. You might be able to find one used for around the same price as a new Legend X, and it's a much more impressive sound quality overall.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #39,699 of 40,579
So outside of a couple of shots that Jack appears to have taken with his phone at a bar, has anybody actually seen the new faceplates for these in the wild?

Dec 17, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #39,700 of 40,579
If you want a more well rounded IEM than LX or EVO, I'd look for a good used Odyssey. That'd give you the benefit of EE's bone conduction included in the full quadbrid driver complement. You might be able to find one used for around the same price as a new Legend X, and it's a much more impressive sound quality overall.
Something to note @Guzomx if you do find yourself a nice pair of Odysseys. I believe A&K handle the repairs and warranty for the unit. So if you're not in Asia and are not getting it retail, then that might be a long term consideration. Especially since it's a limited run so support might be more limited than the normal EE stuff that will be replenished.

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:00 PM Post #39,701 of 40,579
Big improvement and comfortable compared to the Odyssey you say, hmm.

I have the Odyssey and I had once pre-ordered the Raven. Cancelled it after seeing the broken faceplates and stayed away from this thread due to the self-appointed reps here who kept attacking me for my opinions.

Meanwhile already purchased the Monarch Mk3, a new camera and kit and a whole lot of other things while waiting for the Raven. Tough choice at the moment whether to order (again) the Raven or the Hiby R8 II, current budget only allows one so still thinking which one to get first.
Oh crap… the faceplates broke too?

Dec 17, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #39,703 of 40,579
Something to note @Guzomx if you do find yourself a nice pair of Odysseys. I believe A&K handle the repairs and warranty for the unit. So if you're not in Asia and are not getting it retail, then that might be a long term consideration. Especially since it's a limited run so support might be more limited than the normal EE stuff that will be replenished.

Thanks for the info!
I’m in Canada and presently hunting for a good EE set
I would contact EE and find out how they handle out of warranty repairs for Odyssey. I kinda doubt you'd have to go through A&K once they're out of warranty.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #39,705 of 40,579
What a saga this has been..... Oh well Merry Christmas everyone 🙂

Hope everyone gets to enjoy their ravens soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back