Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #39,634 of 40,581
He’s quoting my post. That’s why I responded.
Sir, I quoted your post because you were defending someone who committed the actions I described on my reply. I'll address your defense of that individual with this post. I was a reviewer for 5 years, and that privilege gave me access to "classified" information from a multitude of brands on a daily basis. Often, I would playfully use the info (like 99% of reviewers have) by doing things like, after a brand teases a launch, reply with, "Oh, you guys are gonna love this :wink:," or something. Harmless, innocent play that a lot of brands have even said they enjoyed.

However, throughout my tenure, never have I once, in the middle of a situation where people don't know where their $3000+ have gone, told them to calm down, don't worry and be quiet, imply that I know why they shouldn't worry, then refuse to elaborate. Because, I know it would help absolutely no one. There have been times where a brand has come under fire on Head-Fi, and I had info that could help alleviate the pressure on them. But, if the brand didn't want me to share that info, I wouldn't go on Head-Fi and be like, "Guys, if I were you, I'd stop attacking the brand. There's a reason I'm saying this, but I'm not gonna tell you." I'd just shut up. It really isn't rocket science. :D

If someone chose to trust you with private information, constantly implying and teasing that you have that info isn't honoring it at all. You're weaponizing it and using it to downplay someone's genuine concerns by saying, "It's nothing to worry about. There's a reason," but then you're copping out of following through by going, "Oh, I have to honor that person's trust. Sorry." It's almost mocking the faith the person put in you, and it's almost worse than actually leaking whatever info you have. This is why it's a different case entirely to yours with the ODIN. You had insider knowledge, you didn't even let anyone know you did, and you kept it all to yourself. That's honoring Jack's trust. Whatever this is... I just feel more and more sorry for Jack. Heck, I even know how Jack really feels about this specific thing we're talking about. But, I won't reveal it, 'cus... you know... honor and all that.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #39,635 of 40,581
Hello everybody
I just restart my Quest searching for audio Heaven
I got a Cayin N7 and a Cayin N3Pro.
I have been in love with the Empire Ears Bravado Onix.
Sadly my Bravado broke down last week.
My question to you guys:
Would the Legend X will be the next logical step?
if not which set you recommend?

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #39,636 of 40,581
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting mildly irritated when they, rightfully, wonder where their $3000+ purchase is, get told, "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you," over and over again, then, when they ask why they shouldn't worry, get hit with, "Sorry mate, that's classified information."
If you have knowledge you can share that might alleviate someone's concerns, please do so unambiguously. If you don't or can't, then it's probably best to not say anything at all.
However, for some reason, you felt the need to say something about what he said or more aptly didn't say.

Not everyone follows the same rules of speech etiquette, obviously I never have and could care less what anyone thinks. We will all march in place and say nothing unless it is agreeable to the masses. I don't think so...maybe in some threads where there may be a "controlled" tribe mentality.

The same $3000 purchase folks could have exercised their right to cancel. Many moons ago, it felt important to say cancel your pre order, wait until the dust settles. The other option is too boohoo, whine and cry about the perceived terrible treatment, it seems the majority of folks chose the latter.

Also, seems many people that didn't pre order or will never purchase the Raven have decided to come over here and expertly criticize. That is your right to do, but then everyone will come out of the woodwork to flame me for responding and to increase their "likes". Wash, rinse and repeat. We've seen the script before.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #39,637 of 40,581
I have committed the crime of using inside knowledge vaguely in a way to try and quell concerns. Optimism is a damned sin here huh? When is my public execution?

I will say… That it’s pretty wild that someone boasting about their perceived correct way of handling privileged information… would publicly out Jack and suggest he has been disingenuous to fellow paying customer and friend. Tell me more about honor.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #39,638 of 40,581
The thing of it is, if someone is talking to Jack and is being told things not for publication, then honor trumps blasting out the information. He told me some things about Odin when it first came out and to this day I haven't told anyone, because clearly it was just between us.

As for the Raven issues, they are just that. Things came up, the company seems to be trying to find suppliers that can deliver both on time and with appropriate quality control, and it likely is out of EEs hands at this point.

While I understand the frustration many have, supply chain issues are nothing new. And being the first to get something new brings with it certain risks. Had the in-house testing and CanJam testing shown up any design flaws, EE would have pulled back the release. Since whatever it is happened after the release, EE is now trying to redesign the Raven while keeping the sound as close to the prototype as possible.

Personally, I would never buy, say, the first year of a new car run. I'd let things shake out a bit first. But this hobby, for a lot of people, is all about instant gratification. Something new comes out and everyone has to have it immediately. New designs and new tech (especially cutting edge tech) inherently may have teething issues.

Everyone has the right to be frustrated. But being aggressive to anyone on this site in the middle of all of this seems not helpful.

I think this is extremely reasonable. I can think that because I have no dog in this fight. I might feel differently if had pre-purchased. Though probably not, because I'm not seeking instant gratification. When I order something I don't chomp at the bit waiting for it to arrive. I have enough to do to keep me distracted until it arrives.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #39,639 of 40,581
I wasn't especially "defending" anyone. I did honor his right to keep things to himself. In my case, I've told no one what Jack informed me about re Odin and never even mentioned he did until, what 3+ years later. And what he let loose would not have affected anyone's purchase.

It's very likely he was trying his best to bring the heat down, and instead it inflamed things even more.

This place is like a drug den. Everyone wants their fix now, they need it now, they want the best stuff and they are willing to pay for it. It creates a certain near-hysteria that many of us evinced when we were kids and wanted something really badly. Gotta have that cereal with the prize in it, mom, get it for me.

And then they are over it and they want the next fix, they are selling the last one and want the newest, most perfect one.

There is no perfect one. And, as I've said here before, learning to live with what you've got and be happy with it is really healthy. I got off that drug train and didn't buy anything new for over three years. Very calming.

This whole Raven thing started with a couple of breakages. Then it exploded into they ALL have issues in people's minds and EE had to redo the whole thing. Then EE had supplier issues. Now it is scrambling to "fix" everything.

Simply cancelling the order if you couldn't wait would have been the smart move. Some sellers wouldn't do that, and THAT got people upset. Then Jack set a deadline to send them back for replacement with an end time (the only thing I think he did that created issues, it should have been pushed out farther, but likely he didn't think he'd have supplier issues). Now there is further delay and it's Christmas and that enters into it. Someone is moving overseas and may not get it in time and that is a problem.

So now, from two or three breakages, it's a big kerfuffle. Someone posts that patience is called for and they get jumped on. No one is belittling the pain of waiting for something. I hate waiting a day or two for Amazon Prime stuff to be delivered. A couple of weeks when it's not Prime drives me crazy.

I know people who ordered cars just before the strike and didn't get their cars in a timely manner. A much bigger purchase and something needed, not wanted. I know someone who had put a deposit on a new type of electric car, read that the manufacturer was having issues, cancelled the order and lost the deposit. Much bigger money than a Raven.

Stuff happens. I'm just posting trying to calm things down.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #39,640 of 40,581
Why are we still pointing at each other nose here? 😂
Like I said, nobody here is wrong. What is wrong is being left in the dark without any update and information and yes it's almost christmas holiday, so maybe Jack has a plan to send it on 25 December as a christmas present? Maybe with some cookies too? Who knows 😉
It's not about the money. Simply ask for refund? Nope, that's not the point. What they want is a product that they paid with their hard earned money and they have every right to complain with this kind of treatment IMO 😀

Dec 15, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #39,641 of 40,581
Why are we still pointing at each other nose here? 😂
Like I said, nobody here is wrong. What is wrong is being left in the dark without any update and information and yes it's almost christmas holiday, so maybe Jack has a plan to send it on 25 December as a christmas present? Maybe with some cookies too? Who knows 😉
It's not about the money. Simply ask for refund? Nope, that's not the point. What they want is a product that they paid with their hard earned money and they have every right to complain with this kind of treatment IMO 😀
No skin in the game whatsoever here. But simply, yes. Agreed.

Hope you have your asbestos jocks on, Ronald :wink:

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #39,642 of 40,581
I have committed the crime of using inside knowledge vaguely in a way to try and quell concerns. Optimism is a damned sin here huh? When is my public execution?

I will say… That it’s pretty wild that someone boasting about their perceived correct way of handling privileged information… would publicly out Jack and suggest he has been disingenuous to fellow paying customer and friend. Tell me more about honor.
What if I told you… that your insider knowledge has destroyed whatever credibility you had? By associating yourself closely with a company who refuses to communicate and can’t hit deadlines, and in fact /defending/ said company as they consistently fail time and time again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back