Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #39,616 of 40,579
I do sympathise with EE as well since I liked their product and Jack was nice to me in previous interactions, which I appreciate. However, on a personal level, the Raven launch was and especially currently still is a Desaster. I’ll just stay away from brand new products and especially pre-orders and launch editions. I knew that before but didn’t follow through. From now on I will.

But I stand with my previous post. It was not a good move by EE to set this super tight deadline for Raven owners to send in their units until the end of the year. Wouldn’t it have been better to give more time so that not too many units are serviced at the same time? I only sent in my unite because of this deadline and now I most likely will not receive it back before my moving. The Raven caused me more headache than pleasure by far.

Dec 14, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #39,617 of 40,579
The thing of it is, if someone is talking to Jack and is being told things not for publication, then honor trumps blasting out the information. He told me some things about Odin when it first came out and to this day I haven't told anyone, because clearly it was just between us.

As for the Raven issues, they are just that. Things came up, the company seems to be trying to find suppliers that can deliver both on time and with appropriate quality control, and it likely is out of EEs hands at this point.

While I understand the frustration many have, supply chain issues are nothing new. And being the first to get something new brings with it certain risks. Had the in-house testing and CanJam testing shown up any design flaws, EE would have pulled back the release. Since whatever it is happened after the release, EE is now trying to redesign the Raven while keeping the sound as close to the prototype as possible.

Personally, I would never buy, say, the first year of a new car run. I'd let things shake out a bit first. But this hobby, for a lot of people, is all about instant gratification. Something new comes out and everyone has to have it immediately. New designs and new tech (especially cutting edge tech) inherently may have teething issues.

Everyone has the right to be frustrated. But being aggressive to anyone on this site in the middle of all of this seems not helpful.
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting mildly irritated when they, rightfully, wonder where their $3000+ purchase is, get told, "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you," over and over again, then, when they ask why they shouldn't worry, get hit with, "Sorry mate, that's classified information."

If you have knowledge you can share that might alleviate someone's concerns, please do so unambiguously. If you don't or can't, then it's probably best to not say anything at all.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #39,618 of 40,579
The thing of it is, if someone is talking to Jack and is being told things not for publication, then honor trumps blasting out the information. He told me some things about Odin when it first came out and to this day I haven't told anyone, because clearly it was just between us.

As for the Raven issues, they are just that. Things came up, the company seems to be trying to find suppliers that can deliver both on time and with appropriate quality control, and it likely is out of EEs hands at this point.

While I understand the frustration many have, supply chain issues are nothing new. And being the first to get something new brings with it certain risks. Had the in-house testing and CanJam testing shown up any design flaws, EE would have pulled back the release. Since whatever it is happened after the release, EE is now trying to redesign the Raven while keeping the sound as close to the prototype as possible.

Personally, I would never buy, say, the first year of a new car run. I'd let things shake out a bit first. But this hobby, for a lot of people, is all about instant gratification. Something new comes out and everyone has to have it immediately. New designs and new tech (especially cutting edge tech) inherently may have teething issues.

Everyone has the right to be frustrated. But being aggressive to anyone on this site in the middle of all of this seems not helpful.
I wouldn’t speak about honor. Very obvious that most people here don’t know what it is.

“cAuSE iF Ur NOt A raT tHEN DOnT sAY anYThiNg at aLL”.

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #39,619 of 40,579
I do sympathise with EE as well since I liked their product and Jack was nice to me in previous interactions, which I appreciate. However, on a personal level, the Raven launch was and especially currently still is a Desaster. I’ll just stay away from brand new products and especially pre-orders and launch editions. I knew that before but didn’t follow through. From now on I will.

But I stand with my previous post. It was not a good move by EE to set this super tight deadline for Raven owners to send in their units until the end of the year. Wouldn’t it have been better to give more time so that not too many units are serviced at the same time? I only sent in my unite because of this deadline and now I most likely will not receive it back before my moving. The Raven caused me more headache than pleasure by far.

I understand that problems can occur first time venturing into something (metallurgy in this case). I have another issue around how this has been handled by EE actually, as a happy owner of a first generation Raven. @Jack Vang wrote publicly that the revised version has better bass with more resolution and layering (though not measurable). This directly puts pressure on the resell value of mine, so I am compelled to switch (and I do want better bass with more layering and resolution -) In order to not get the pressure on the resell value I have to pay for shipping, send in my Raven and wait for an uncertain amount of time to get a new Raven back. I have one IEM, so won't be doing that. I do enjoy what I have, but it's still an issue I wouldn't want to have dealt with.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #39,620 of 40,579
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting mildly irritated when they, rightfully, wonder where their $3000+ purchase is, get told, "I wouldn't worry about it if I were you," over and over again, then, when they ask why they shouldn't worry, get hit with, "Sorry mate, that's classified information."

If you have knowledge you can share that might alleviate someone's concerns, please do so unambiguously. If you don't or can't, then it's probably best to not say anything at all.
Nothing in your post comes close to what I wrote in mine. Nothing I learned about re the Odin would have affected anyone’s purchase. I haven’t told anyone, too bad for you. My post was very clear. Please reread it,

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #39,621 of 40,579
Nothing in your post comes close to what I wrote in mine. Nothing I learned about re the Odin would have affected anyone’s purchase. I haven’t told anyone, too bad for you. My post was very clear. Please reread it,
He's talking about @CL14715, not you. I don't understand why it's you who respond to @Deezel177 's post 😅
But still, like I said before, nobody here is to take the blame except the EE itself 😉
I don't consider what he (@CL14715 ) does is wrong. Maybe yes he has some information, but what he does is just telling those who worried about their purchase to rest assured that their money is in a safe hand and just wait patiently. Even if he can spill the info, that just means he can't keep a classified information. I can understand about the feelings of those people who already spend a good amount of money but didn't receive their stuff for a long time, but we are talking about a big and established brand so I think there's nothing to worry about us being scammed 😁
I hope you guys can receive your Raven before Christmas or the worst case is before New Year. Cheers 🙂

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #39,622 of 40,579
He's talking about @CL14715, not you. I don't understand why it's you who respond to @Deezel177 's post 😅
But still, like I said before, nobody here is to take the blame except the EE itself 😉
I don't consider what he (@CL14715 ) does is wrong. Maybe yes he has some information, but what he does is just telling those who worried about their purchase to rest assured that their money is in a safe hand and just wait patiently. Even if he can spill the info, that just means he can't keep a classified information. I can understand about the feelings of those people who already spend a good amount of money but didn't receive their stuff for a long time, but we are talking about a big and established brand so I think there's nothing to worry about us being scammed 😁
I hope you guys can receive your Raven before Christmas or the worst case is before New Year. Cheers 🙂
I’m glad you understand. Thank you.

Dec 14, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #39,623 of 40,579
He’s quoting my post. That’s why I responded.

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #39,624 of 40,579
He’s quoting my post. That’s why I responded.
Fair enough. Have a nice day, and I hope you get my point too 🙏
I don't want to dismiss everybody's concern here when they spend $3k++ but still didn't receive their Raven, but I assume they have another IEMs to listen while they wait aren't they? I know it's frustating to wait for something with no definitive date, but I'm sure it won't be long for Raven finally arrive in your hands. IIRC Jack says he's upping the production pace after he find a correct faceplate vendor and adressing the fragile shell and 2-pin connectors 😉

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #39,625 of 40,579
Fair enough. Have a nice day, and I hope you get my point too 🙏
I don't want to dismiss everybody's concern here when they spend $3k++ but still didn't receive their Raven, but I assume they have another IEMs to listen while they wait aren't they? I know it's frustating to wait for something with no definitive date, but I'm sure it won't be long for Raven finally arrive in your hands. IIRC Jack says he's upping the production pace after he find a correct faceplate vendor and adressing the fragile shell and 2-pin connectors 😉
-coughamberpearltimecough-

Dec 14, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #39,628 of 40,579
images.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back