Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 13, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #39,605 of 40,582
I fail to see the tease. I’d shed some light on what’s going on but that never gets me anywhere. So I just said there’s a valid reason so people don’t think it’s just because.
You've been hinting that release is imminent for several months now, when so far it hasn't happened, and it's months behind schedule. That's what I mean by teasing. So if you know something, say it. If not, then don't say anything.

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #39,606 of 40,582
You've been hinting that release is imminent for several months now, when so far it hasn't happened, and it's months behind schedule. That's what I mean by teasing. So if you know something, say it. If not, then don't say anything.

I was referring to there being a reason for the ‘silence’. Not the release. There’s no tease. It’s to provide something to break the ‘silence’ so there’s no wild speculation or concerns and say no news is good news.

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #39,607 of 40,582
I was referring to there being a reason for the ‘silence’. Not the release. There’s no tease. It’s to provide something to break the ‘silence’ so there’s no wild speculation or concerns and say no news is good news.
Well, there's always a "reason" (or excuse) something's not happening when someone said it would. Without an explanation, it doesn't really mean anything. But your last sentence "I wouldn't worry about it" seems to be hinting that the poster shouldn't worry about not getting their Raven before they move, which could be read as you know they're about to get it... since that's what they're worried about.

Dec 13, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #39,608 of 40,582
Well, considering I didn’t quote them directly, it was just in general. Not directed at anyone specifically. Other comments have been made about no orders going out or word of such.

How you arrive to an assumption is beyond my control.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #39,609 of 40,582
Oh, so we are getting more "Raven-final look.revision2(edited) - copy.jpg"? Third iteration of the faceplate?

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #39,610 of 40,582
Well, considering I didn’t quote them directly, it was just in general. Not directed at anyone specifically. Other comments have been made about no orders going out or word of such.

How you arrive to an assumption is beyond my control.
C'mon man. You've done the same thing several times since the release was initially supposed to occur. You've tried to insinuate you have some kinda inside info that the release will be soon, and then say you can't reveal more because it's not your place. Don't put that on me misunderstanding because this time you say you meant "don't worry about the silence." The silence is not the issue. Not receiving what we pre-ordered months ago is the issue.

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #39,611 of 40,582
C'mon man. You've done the same thing several times since the release was initially supposed to occur. You've tried to insinuate you have some kinda inside info that the release will be soon, and then say you can't reveal more because it's not your place. Don't put that on me misunderstanding because this time you say you meant "don't worry about the silence." The silence is not the issue. Not receiving what we pre-ordered months ago is the issue.
Don't give me that crap. You assumed something incorrectly. So be it, not a big deal. Don't then go and unearth something unrelated from the past to assimilate it.

There's no insinuation. I think you were looking for a different word. Anyhow, I have tried to provide updates in the past that don't burn any bridges, when possible. If something occurred after that, short of being clairvoyant, I don't see how I could be held accountable for an unforeseeable event... and there's no way on God's green earth that I would ever give up extremely sensitive information that was provided to me. So, I'm very sorry that what I can kinda share here and there to try and keep people alert isn't good enough for you, or anyone else of the sentiment.

Once again, in this case, I was referring to the silence being akin to "no news is good news". The other posts leading up to this point brought light to an issue or potential concern, causing delays. So, not hearing anything new when it's fairly close to the target date range isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's a very simple thing that I said and there's no need to convolute it.

As for @Hoegaardener70 who you were so concerned for... No sir, I was not saying anything in relation to your delays or frustrations. I empathize with you completely.

I just want to see things work out as a whole. I want myself and customers alike to prosper and hard working businesses to succeed. It's that simple.

Dec 13, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #39,613 of 40,582
If we need to blame someone, I'm sure it's not @CL14715 but the EE itself (I don't want to say a name because I don't know who is responsible for this kind of thing) for their lack of communication and update 😉
I appreciate the vote of confidence.

EE has done their best, but I know despite how well they have managed it, there's always room for improvement. Hell, another prevalent manufacturer had delay issues as well but they didn't advertise pre-orders until just recently so, it wasn't so apparent. It happens. I know firsthand this launch has taught them a lot which is good for the end user in the future. In all actuality and to be completely transparent, it's not Jack or the EE crew. He will take the blame because he is an honorable man. I know the reality though. If he ever wants to address specifics, he can do so. Outside of that, I'm actually amazed and grateful Raven is going to even come to fruition because the true amount of set-backs would've made most people just quit and move on to something else.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #39,614 of 40,582
I appreciate the vote of confidence.

EE has done their best, but I know despite how well they have managed it, there's always room for improvement. Hell, another prevalent manufacturer had delay issues as well but they didn't advertise pre-orders until just recently so, it wasn't so apparent. It happens. I know firsthand this launch has taught them a lot which is good for the end user in the future. In all actuality and to be completely transparent, it's not Jack or the EE crew. He will take the blame because he is an honorable man. I know the reality though. If he ever wants to address specifics, he can do so. Outside of that, I'm actually amazed and grateful Raven is going to even come to fruition because the true amount of set-backs would've made most people just quit and move on to something else.
After the revision and redesign, I think Raven goes into my radar again. Love their satin gold and satin black design 👍
Need to try it on next year CanJam. My IEM case has 1 spot left 🤭

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #39,615 of 40,582
The thing of it is, if someone is talking to Jack and is being told things not for publication, then honor trumps blasting out the information. He told me some things about Odin when it first came out and to this day I haven't told anyone, because clearly it was just between us.

As for the Raven issues, they are just that. Things came up, the company seems to be trying to find suppliers that can deliver both on time and with appropriate quality control, and it likely is out of EEs hands at this point.

While I understand the frustration many have, supply chain issues are nothing new. And being the first to get something new brings with it certain risks. Had the in-house testing and CanJam testing shown up any design flaws, EE would have pulled back the release. Since whatever it is happened after the release, EE is now trying to redesign the Raven while keeping the sound as close to the prototype as possible.

Personally, I would never buy, say, the first year of a new car run. I'd let things shake out a bit first. But this hobby, for a lot of people, is all about instant gratification. Something new comes out and everyone has to have it immediately. New designs and new tech (especially cutting edge tech) inherently may have teething issues.

Everyone has the right to be frustrated. But being aggressive to anyone on this site in the middle of all of this seems not helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back