Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 21, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #38,611 of 40,723
congrat bro!, can we have a little impression vs odin
So far sounds like the Odin and Xe6 had a baby pretty remarkable to say the least I’ll be testing all night lol so far so good 🔥🎶

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #38,612 of 40,723
IMG_2099.jpeg

👑🏆⚜️

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #38,614 of 40,723
Pretty much. I’m not a graph guy by any means but the Odins are on paper a much better buy.
I wouldn't go that far in terms of a graphs.

But if the Odin suits you to a T, the impressions so far really isn't convincing me that it's an upgrade to Odin

Well ..on paper, the raven has an added bone conductor driver on top of the crazy configuration Odin has and if you’re going by the graph “better buy” tends to mean the safer buy butttt the raven has less harsh trouble especially when it comes to S n T sharp sounds sooo is it really the better buy 🤔
Haven't been impressed by BCD equipped iems outside of Evo. But then that brings me to the next issue:

Harsh treble on Odin? I will not settle for less.

3 strikes and I haven't even heard it yet 😅

A little subjective don’t you think? I love Odin but it doesnt immerse me in the music like Raven did. If you’re going off graphs you may as well buy an etymotic or something and be done with the hobby 😂
Oh definitely, I cable swapped a lot trying to coax a little more dynamism off my Odin. Ended up with a FT on my second one.

Groan, no more graphs please.

Sep 21, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #38,615 of 40,723
I wouldn't go that far in terms of a graphs.

But if the Odin suits you to a T, the impressions so far really isn't convincing me that it's an upgrade to Odin

Haven't been impressed by BCD equipped iems outside of Evo. But then that brings me to the next issue:

Harsh treble on Odin? I will not settle for less.

3 strikes and I haven't even heard it yet 😅

Oh definitely, I cable swapped a lot trying to coax a little more dynamism off my Odin. Ended up with a FT on my second one.

Groan, no more graphs please.
So far, my first impressions with the raven are absolutely incredible. Possibly the most immersion I’ve ever had from an iem with a wild amount of resolution and detail to impress but hasn’t come off fatiguing as the Odin would be from time to time. Truly a spectacular feat by empire ears these are well deserving of some hype

Sep 21, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #38,616 of 40,723
@Auricon you're getting challenged for your love of gold here 🤣
So far, my first impressions with the raven are absolutely incredible. Possibly the most immersion I’ve ever had from an iem with a wild amount of resolution and detail to impress but hasn’t come off fatiguing as the Odin would be from time to time. Truly a spectacular feat by empire ears these are well deserving of some hype
Agreed, Empire does magic.

I don't disagree with the hype it gets. More so it being an upgrade or sucessor to Odin. All impressions point to it being more so a more western oriented sound where the Odin sound didn't cooperate.

Just like with the Odin, I refused to be swept away until I hear for myself and judge regardless of what someone else says.

Sep 21, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #38,617 of 40,723
@Auricon you're getting challenged for your love of gold here 🤣

Agreed, Empire does magic.

I don't disagree with the hype it gets. More so it being an upgrade or sucessor to Odin. All impressions point to it being more so a more western oriented sound where the Odin sound didn't cooperate.

Just like with the Odin, I refused to be swept away until I hear for myself and judge regardless of what someone else says.
I agree you cannot have a valid opinion or be swept away until you try it yourself, gratefully I have, and I am very impressed to say the least. Hopefully you can spend some time with one and come to a conclusion for yourself :) and yes I love gooooooold !! 😁

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #38,618 of 40,723
How do you find mids, both lower and upper?
And especially vocals? Are they brought a bit back or far back or neutral?

Sep 21, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #38,619 of 40,723
would like to know more of your impression of it in the future

Sep 22, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #38,621 of 40,723
Got mine in today as well, my first IEM and I'm seriously impressed. Everything is just clear, crisp, and the bass is nuts. I listen to a lot of electronic music and the Raven is just killing it with all of songs I've thrown at it in that genre, but I was surprised how nice listening to classical like Chopin's etudes sounded as well. For me at least, I don't think I'm going to need any sort of new headphones/IEMs for a very long time.

Sep 22, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #38,622 of 40,723
Got mine in today as well, my first IEM and I'm seriously impressed. Everything is just clear, crisp, and the bass is nuts. I listen to a lot of electronic music and the Raven is just killing it with all of songs I've thrown at it in that genre, but I was surprised how nice listening to classical like Chopin's etudes sounded as well. For me at least, I don't think I'm going to need any sort of new headphones/IEMs for a very long time.
Damn, you jumped straight into a $4k IEM? Brave soul.

Sep 22, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #38,625 of 40,723
I decided to treat myself for sure!

Last year I embarked on a quest to get a SE846, having owned a 535 a decade earlier and missed the music. Surely it was this insane price, but from memory the sound would be worth it.
I don’t remember how I ended up here getting a Raven. The land of exotics is a strange place. The air we breathe has a different feeling to it. In the maze of sonic wonders, I found myself entranced in a hidden shop of auditory tales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back