Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 18, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #38,551 of 40,577
His review was horseshit anyway, you literally can’t properly measure a bone conduction IEM in any meaningful way using their rig, and there is no industry standard rig or process for measuring bone conduction IEMs or any other gear for that matter.
I think he was being cheeky. Just look at that grin on his face.

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #38,552 of 40,577
His review was horseshit anyway, you literally can’t properly measure a bone conduction IEM in any meaningful way using their rig, and there is no industry standard rig or process for measuring bone conduction IEMs or any other gear for that matter.
I still got my preorder in lol

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #38,553 of 40,577
I think he was being cheeky. Just look at that grin on his face.
He had a good time stopping the hype train 😂 “vocals sound down a hallway” 💀💀 there’s no way it’s that bad lol hopefully

Sep 18, 2023 at 11:36 PM Post #38,556 of 40,577
What is the Empire Ears equivalent to the 64 Audio u12ts?
Short answer: different house sound

Long answer: If anything the Spartan, which is a senior in porta fi epochs. Or the ESR MKII, but there is a difference in technicalities at the end of the day that's just kinda there.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #38,558 of 40,577
I mean the reality is you don't go buying Empire Ears with the expectation of getting something that sounds like a U12t... if that's what you like, you should probably consider a different brand. Closest would be ESR Mk2 but as mentioned it won't necessarily keep up in technicalities and aren't exactly 1:1 either. Or try Raven when it's available and see how you feel about that, since I think it'll please most people.

Sep 19, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #38,559 of 40,577
I have a feeling it was Andrew from headphone shows review that delayed it lol possibly went back to the lab
That is not true.....I can 100% guarantee that

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #38,560 of 40,577
Back in 2019 I asked about adding a bluetooth adapter to my Valkeryies. Found out Empire Ears have a recessed port for the cable / adaptor.

For some reason I decided to take another look at this setup. Since I'm a dentist - transforming that little acrylic port to a recessed circle instead of a rectangle is super easy to do. I just needed to make sure no acrylic shavings made it into the ports / connectors. I'm not using my Valkyries very much, at all, these days so I've decided to permanently alter the Valkyries - to go for it. The cable didn't really sit inside the recessed port well, anyway...

The Fiio UTWS5 won't be arriving until the middle of next week. I'll update if anyone is interested. I can't be the first guy to do this...

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #38,561 of 40,577
That is not true.....I can 100% guarantee that
Yeah it was just a thought since I know Iem companies listen to reviewers and headphone show straight up said “I do not recommend this Iem” 😬

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #38,563 of 40,577
After I listen the Raven, I thought I should buy it when it's released. It's been a long time since I wanted to buy earphones. The problem is that Raven doesn't seem to be releasing it. I even want the black version.
I’m still waiting as well 😩

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #38,564 of 40,577
Revisiting an old flame… the first time around it played very well with certain genres of music and an offer came up I couldn’t refuse.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    624 KB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #38,565 of 40,577
Back in 2019 I asked about adding a bluetooth adapter to my Valkeryies. Found out Empire Ears have a recessed port for the cable / adaptor.

For some reason I decided to take another look at this setup. Since I'm a dentist - transforming that little acrylic port to a recessed circle instead of a rectangle is super easy to do. I just needed to make sure no acrylic shavings made it into the ports / connectors. I'm not using my Valkyries very much, at all, these days so I've decided to permanently alter the Valkyries - to go for it. The cable didn't really sit inside the recessed port well, anyway...

The Fiio UTWS5 won't be arriving until the middle of next week. I'll update if anyone is interested. I can't be the first guy to do this...
I tried my Valkyrie mk1 with ifi go pods and that was actually pretty incredible lol. If I had more use for a TWS I would be very happy with that set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back