Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 13, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #37,351 of 40,724
Jan 13, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #37,352 of 40,724
Thanks, I have been in touch with Dr Juggles. He does a 1960s clone which is interesting to me as I hear its a good pairing for the EVO. It does look like I will buy a 4-wire graphene-coated SPC however, unless someone here says I really should be getting the 1960s clone.

Meanwhile, although I read somewhere that it is not advisable to use foam tips with the EVO due to the bone conduction driver. My experience once again (this is the 3rd time of owning) is that the EVOs with Comply foam tips sound a lot better to me than any of the silicone ones I have tried, inc Final Type E, Spiral Dots, Azla, Spinfits. I was not enjoying the EVOs as much as I recall previously, the bass was not as impactful and it felt too much in the treble. As soon as I switched over to foam the EVO that I knew and loved came right back.
Specially tuned 1960 from Traillii sounds pretty awesome with EVO - itā€™s my favorite besting Genesis, Venom and Chiron.

Jan 17, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #37,354 of 40,724
My Odins have been successfully repaired and rebuilt and are returning to me soon!

Jan 18, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #37,355 of 40,724
I have a question concerning the Stormbreaker cable.

I bought the EE Odins from a fellow Head-fi member not so long ago, but the cable i got seems weird. It's 100% the original cable but it has some twists in it, and because of those it's never truly straight.

I love the IEMs but the cable thing has me stumped. Has anyone else had similar thing with the cable?

Jan 18, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #37,356 of 40,724

I bought the EE Odins from a fellow Head-fi member not so long ago, but the cable i got seems weird. It's 100% the original cable but it has some twists in it, and because of those it's never truly straight.

I love the IEMs but the cable thing has me stumped. Has anyone else had similar thing with the cable?
Yes, I had similar experience with my Stormbreaker.

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #37,357 of 40,724
Same experience with my Stormbreaker too I

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #37,358 of 40,724

It's not quite twisted yet, but it's getting there. I like the sound of the cable, but battling with the ergonomics of it is a pain in the arse. Before every use it's untwist this, untangle that no matter how you store it. It's complete rubbish.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #37,359 of 40,724

Yes, I had similar experience with my Stormbreaker.

Same experience with my Stormbreaker too I

It's not quite twisted yet, but it's getting there. I like the sound of the cable, but battling with the ergonomics of it is a pain in the arse. Before every use it's untwist this, untangle that no matter how you store it. It's complete rubbish.
Ditto. I think you can see where this is going...

Jan 18, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #37,362 of 40,724
can-of-worms-smiley-emoticon-668209783.gif

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #37,363 of 40,724
Iā€™ve no issues with PWA cablesā€™ ergonomics, the only issue so far is Stormbreaker. The typical version of 1960s 2 wire may not result in this issue, Iā€™ve yet to see anyone post this issue about this version

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #37,365 of 40,724

I also had such problem with my Stormbreaker cable. PW Audio has acknowledged the production of a bad batch of it's Stormbreaker cable. If your cable has this issue you can contact EE support, they will replace your cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back