Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 9, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #36,361 of 40,577
Sep 9, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #36,363 of 40,577
Perhaps this has been brought up before, but I’m wondering now if the new model isn’t an upgraded Odin, rather, an upgraded Wraith. The Wraith is older than the Odin, so it’s natural to think the Wraith is the next in line for an update.

Sep 9, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #36,364 of 40,577
If anyone is wanting to sell or trade their ambitious and exclusive EE ____________, let me know. I understand it's configuration is ___ DD + ___ BA + ___ ___ + ___ ___ and a ________. I'm so excited I can hardly _________.

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #36,365 of 40,577
Perhaps this has been brought up before, but I’m wondering now if the new model isn’t an upgraded Odin, rather, an upgraded Wraith. The Wraith is older than the Odin, so it’s natural to think the Wraith is the next in line for an update.

Additionally, they already have pro artists on stage using it. This would lead me to believe it is more part of their reference series like the ESR. Secondly, what leads me to believe this is going to be announced at NAMM. An audiophile focused IEM would be announced at CanJam.

The Odin is good where it is - it doesn’t *need* an update so soon in my opinion. It’s continues to make a stamp in sales and legend status for such a highly regarded S tier IEM.

Who am I to say anything though…I just work here 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sep 9, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #36,366 of 40,577
Additionally, they already have pro artists on stage using it. This would lead me to believe it is more part of their reference series like the ESR. Secondly, what leads me to believe this is going to be announced at NAMM. An audiophile focused IEM would be announced at CanJam.

The Odin is good where it is - it doesn’t *need* an update so soon in my opinion. It’s continues to make a stamp in sales and legend status for such a highly regarded S tier IEM.

Who am I to say anything though…I just work here 🤷🏼‍♂️
Was getting anxious you where selling your Odin, but seeing you got the custom version gave me a relief. Love iFi products, and seeing one of your representatives in the Bakoon/Enleum thread also makes me confident in my audio equipment choices, and personal experiences.

Any plans for iFi to release Bluetooth iem 2-pin adapters, doing the Odin justice?

EDIT: And yes I agree, there is really no issues to be fixed with the Odin. It sounds as good as my Susvara on the technicalities, stage is still IEM stage. But I would dare to say Imaging is even better that what I’ve heard from any over ear.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #36,367 of 40,577
Would this perhaps be an updated Phantom since it seems to have been discontinued...

Sep 9, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #36,368 of 40,577
I am thinking about using custom IEMs when I cut grass, which takes 1 to 1.5 hours. I do not want to use my current IEMs for this purpose as I would prefer a less expensive IEM. What would people recommend as lower priced IEMs that have a warmer sound signatures and sound great for the price?
Bravado MKII

Couldn't agree more with the Bravado MkII. I have the original Bravados that I use when flying and other "out and about" activities where I don't want to risk more expensive IEMs.

Sep 9, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #36,370 of 40,577
Regarding new release. All theories are incorrect. Keep guessing lol
Dang it. Even when I don't fill in the blanks I'm wrong.

Sep 10, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #36,371 of 40,577
So, the only thing I can say about the new release, from info only is, it is quite "different" fundamentally than what EE normally does. I have been sworn to secrecy. I can't wait to hear it.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #36,373 of 40,577
Built to your specs.

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #36,374 of 40,577
Sep 10, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #36,375 of 40,577
My guess (hope?) is there’s a planar driver in there somewhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back