Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 8, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #35,626 of 40,579
They already have, the western audience just doesn't like the upper mids.

You're inevitably going to have the western audience complaining there isn't enough bass and too many upper mids or

The asian audience complaining about there not being enough upper mids.

Evo and Odin covers both of those already imo

I hope not. The Odin was already a once in a lifetime purchase for me. Putting a BCD in there is going to break my soul. On the other hand, Wraith MKII with the updated estats.....
I think that is a very true statement.

I wonder how difficult it is to tune an IEM for the masses and for multiple genres of music, particularly if you don't really listen to those genres.

Tuning could come down to personal musical preferences, just as it comes down to the signature the consumer is seeking for their genres of choice.

May 8, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #35,627 of 40,579
It seems that you only keep one IEM from your signature.
Went through a lot, kept the one I love. That's the trick to this hobby. Otherwise you are always chasing the next big thing.

May 8, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #35,628 of 40,579
Went through a lot, kept the one I love. That's the trick to this hobby. Otherwise you are always chasing the next big thing.
Yep, acts just like addiction. :)

May 8, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #35,630 of 40,579
Yep and for this reason I might be taking a break from Head Fi soon. 😏
It is good to do. While it can be a helpful place, it can be toxic. Honestly, I am more blessed than most. Look at my profile at the offerings I have had.

The thing that attracts you here, is finding the best way to enjoy your music. As with any material purchase there will always be better, always an upgrade. Lagniappe. Some here would rather have the hobby of chasing gear as opposed to enjoying the music, to each their own.

If you find something you enjoy, cool, enjoy it. Keeping up with the Joneses rarely creates inner-peace.

May 8, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #35,631 of 40,579
Yep and for this reason I might be taking a break from Head Fi soon. 😏
A few weeks back I realized I had several new IEMs that had been acquired anywhere from 1 month to 6 months ago which each had maybe 5 hours of total time on them. That's when I decided it's time to take a step back. I had lost sight of the reason I came into this hobby, to enjoy the music. I never wanted to become a collector and that's exactly what I had become.

May 8, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #35,632 of 40,579
A few weeks back I realized I had several new IEMs that had been acquired anywhere from 1 month to 6 months ago which each had maybe 5 hours of total time on them. That's when I decided it's time to take a step back. I had lost sight of the reason I came into this hobby, to enjoy the music. I never wanted to become a collector and that's exactly what I had become.
Exactly my point...at some point in time everyone realizes it and then go, I could have bought a house with what I have spent.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #35,633 of 40,579
I would like to say, as I lay by the pool, and listen to Stick Figure with the EVO, I truly wonder how it could be any better.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #35,634 of 40,579
May 8, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #35,636 of 40,579
All of which is why I got a Zeus and stopped buying iems.
I had that same revelation after realizing I enjoyed my custom LX just as much as anything else, including these $5k flagships. Took the money I made selling those bourgeois IEM’s and started a business.

I still get to review and enjoy the hobby on the side but my money offers a return on investments rather than the all but certain loss reselling IEM’s.

May 8, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #35,637 of 40,579
I bought a 1960 cable after a few years and that brought new life to the Zeus. Then bought a new AK 2000T and that gave me even more sound sig choices. All with one iem. Four years+ and still going strong. Maybe five this fall? Gotta look up when I purchased it.

May 8, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #35,638 of 40,579
I bought a 1960 cable after a few years and that brought new life to the Zeus. Then bought a new AK 2000T and that gave me even more sound sig choices. All with one iem. Four years+ and still going strong. Maybe five this fall? Gotta look up when I purchased it.
Definitely a success story in this hobby.

May 8, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #35,640 of 40,579
I have had LX a couple of times. I am embarrassed to say how many IEMs and HPs I have. LX was at the top of the heap for me for a long time. EVO is now my favorite EE IEM.

20220508_130951.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back