Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 11, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #35,206 of 40,587
I have tried many times to shine some light on the Bravado MKII, as I have them in custom form. They take some breaking in but afterwards it's quite a different animal. Problem is most people judge products, especially EE it seems, after a quick listen. The Legend X is the poster child for this... casted out for its bombastic nature... but now after the truth has prevailed about them after some seasoning, they are still in the conversation all these years later.
same for EVO. never heard an IEM changing so much, to the point I changed cable/tips 3 times following the changes in the IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #35,207 of 40,587
I will demo these IEMs when I get chances, maybe CanJam SoCal this fall? I guess I may have the same preference as you do as I spend most of the time with IEM during my outdoors running.

I know EE use to send demo IEMs out - they would put a hold on your credit card until returned. You may want to reach out to Jack and company and inquire. It's a long wait until CanJam SoCal in Sept.

As @Dellwolf and @aaf evo said, the LX is a complex IEM that truly shines, at least IMHO. I also have the first version of the Bravado and I like that as well, mainly use when traveling on aircraft - with the custom version they eliminate a lot of the ambient cabin noise.

Mar 11, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #35,210 of 40,587
What prototypes?
There were two prototypes that were at Canjam NYC for people to listen to to get some feedback on them. I mentioned them in one of my previous post a page or two back. I put my notes from comparing the two of them. Other than that previous post I can't say much about them.

Mar 11, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #35,212 of 40,587
Very excited to hear the final of those protos.

For what it's worth I spent a lot of time giving feedback for the ESR mk2 and it turned out just as great as I hoped it would, I can tell you that I was very much after a monitor that I could use for both mixing reference work while also being enjoyable for casual listening. The ESR mk2 does just that imo, but the black shell proto does it even better (less reference but still very neutral and laid back musicality) so very excited for whatever's coming next.

Mar 11, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #35,213 of 40,587
As @Dellwolf and @aaf evo said, the LX is a complex IEM that truly shines, at least IMHO. I also have the first version of the Bravado and I like that as well, mainly use when traveling on aircraft - with the custom version they eliminate a lot of the ambient cabin noise.
Getting the original Bravados is probably an exception to the rule of 'decisions made under peer pressure are bad decisions'...
That was an excellent decision - thanks @NovaFlyer for being a bad influence :laughing:

Mar 11, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #35,214 of 40,587
The Bravados are pretty awesome!
5344E05E-DAE9-4655-924E-F1C435A6DEE1.jpeg

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #35,215 of 40,587
How do the Bravado Mk II and ESR Mk II Compare? Meaning, what would I notice if I went to an ESR?

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #35,216 of 40,587
Wait, did olddude break down and buy an Odin?

Nope, just the Stormbreaker cable. :)

Attachments

• tempImage69VNoD.png
    tempImage69VNoD.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tempImageA9s3U7.png
    tempImageA9s3U7.png
    321.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back