Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #23,971 of 40,587
More drivers in a certain range don't always equate to more amplitude. You could split the frequency range across the four drivers, so you can further control/fine-tune that range. Or, you could have all four drivers handle the same frequencies and get the same amplitude with less distortion/more headroom. Those are the two scenarios that come to mind based on my limited knowledge and experience. In any case, it's very likely that it's a deliberate choice vs "this is all we could get out of those e-stats".
I had this explained to me while at Empire Ears. Tuning the Odin was described as a battle between delivering the perfect amount of power to each component to get the right sound, without ending up with a power vulture. Pretty technical explanation I summed up but it didn’t sound like getting the weapon IX+ to play well with 4 estats was easy.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #23,972 of 40,587
Hey Everyone :)

First, regarding selling out of the Founder’s Editions. When we decided on 300 founder’s edition units, we set ourselves what we thought was an ambitious and aggressive goal of selling all of the founder’s editions within 3 months.

And then 20 days after our announcement, before a single founder’s edition stock unit has been shipped, we’ve sold out and then some. And given that these orders have come in a violent, unending barrage over the last month or so, and they’re all pre-orders, we think it’s only fair to treat them all as founder’s editions. Every unit pre-ordered by our dealer network will come with all the founder’s edition add-ons. We feel it is only appropriate to return the support shown to us in kind. And given that the founder’s edition add-ons are largely sentimental, we feel that that sentiment needs to be shared with everyone who has been along for the ride.

Thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts!

Also, regarding the shipping embargo lifting today - we are rushing units out to our dealers at super human speed. Many units are leaving the office today and on Monday, so your dealers will fulfill your pre-orders as they receive stock.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #23,973 of 40,587
Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #23,974 of 40,587
Not with the tracks I listen to.The Odin gives an extremely “clean” presentation. Resolution and clarity with the Code51 is prob at the top amongst the IEMs I own now - Elysium, Uni18S , Fourte Noir, Legend X and Z1R.
Nice lineup

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #23,975 of 40,587

First, regarding selling out of the Founder’s Editions. When we decided on 300 founder’s edition units, we set ourselves what we thought was an ambitious and aggressive goal of selling all of the founder’s editions within 3 months.

And then 20 days after our announcement, before a single founder’s edition stock unit has been shipped, we’ve sold out and then some. And given that these orders have come in a violent, unending barrage over the last month or so, and they’re all pre-orders, we think it’s only fair to treat them all as founder’s editions. Every unit pre-ordered by our dealer network will come with all the founder’s edition add-ons. We feel it is only appropriate to return the support shown to us in kind. And given that the founder’s edition add-ons are largely sentimental, we feel that that sentiment needs to be shared with everyone who has been along for the ride.

Also, regarding the shipping embargo lifting today - we are rushing units out to our dealers at super human speed. Many units are leaving the office today and on Monday, so your dealers will fulfill your pre-orders as they receive stock.

How many FE versions are now going to be made? Although I fully understand the overwhelming response, my blind purchase was somewhat predicated on only 200 Odin versions being made.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #23,977 of 40,587

@JoshWatkins thank you.
also wanted to give a well deserved shout-out to one of your (best) dealer’s - @Andrew DiMarcangelo and @stephenkostas at Bloom.
Andrew went out of his way to ship me a Hero overnight, which I just received a few minutes ago.
I really cannot encourage y’all enough to trust Andrew with your high-end audio needs - and I think @CL14715 and others that have worked with Andrew will back me up on this - his customer service is UNMATCHED! Simple superb. Customer for life.
Thank you, Andrew, Stephen, Josh, and the rest of the EE team!

58DEEEAF-86E0-4E6D-B48F-6A6E9092EF0B.jpeg

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #23,978 of 40,587
Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #23,979 of 40,587
While I don’t think the founders edition really offer anything substantial... the fact more are being sent out totally ruins the whole point of it being 1 of 200 to begin with.

Dean’s signature on the shells is probably the most noteworthy addition to the limited serial number count. Also, what happens if the further release of FE versions spurs on even more sales? More FE’s being made? I’m not sure I’m happy about this ...

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #23,980 of 40,587
The reason so many didn't like the Wraith was because it needed SO much power to get it to where it worked "correctly." It really wasn't portable. But EE has now figured out how to get all the bits and pieces to work using less power, and the Odin is the result. Well done, EE.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #23,982 of 40,587
So some will have xxx out of 200 on their founders editions and others will be xxx out of 300 or 400, etc..

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #23,984 of 40,587
Back to Crin's graph a bit.
I compared the IER-Z1R to the Odin.
Normalized at 60dB at 200Hz.
I say, this is as close to what I've heard when I compared the two.

graph.png

I wanna go back to the shop and listen again lol I miss me some Odin goodness already.

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #23,985 of 40,587
@JoshWatkins thank you.
also wanted to give a well deserved shout-out to one of your (best) dealer’s - @Andrew DiMarcangelo and @stephenkostas at Bloom.
Andrew went out of his way to ship me a Hero overnight, which I just received a few minutes ago.
I really cannot encourage y’all enough to trust Andrew with your high-end audio needs - and I think @CL14715 and others that have worked with Andrew will back me up on this - his customer service is UNMATCHED! Simple superb. Customer for life.
Thank you, Andrew, Stephen, Josh, and the rest of the EE team!

58DEEEAF-86E0-4E6D-B48F-6A6E9092EF0B.jpeg
@Andrew DiMarcangelo is 110% impossible to replicate.. we must protect him at all costs.

Enjoy those Hero’s as I imagine you’ll be thoroughly surprised by the enjoyment they provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back