Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 8, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #23,026 of 40,579
I emailed them because I think it’s incorrect. They said that they have to put the VAT on top of that price. Another French site also does this, Hifi portable I think?
So I just played around on their homepage, it seems you are right. since I'm not living in the EU, the VAT of 16% is not included. Custom will probably send me a bill with the Swiss VAT. In the end it will be around 3300 Euros in total. Still better than most of the European deals.

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #23,027 of 40,579
Would the Odin handle the Hugo TT2 headphone output or it’s that too much?
I use my LX on TT2 hi gain with great pairing.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #23,028 of 40,579
Is the Odin at a similar performance level as the Erlkonig or is there a gap between the two?

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #23,030 of 40,579
Why “bet”. Should it? WHY? Does it? HOW?

Or really, in which ways does it sound DIFFERENT? And for what purposes/preferences is such more suitable?

IEMs these days are chasing circles: every fence has greener grass on the other side, as long as it’s a newer / more expensive fence..
Umm, last I checked, the Hero was introduced to be a budget friendly option. So I guess you must be talking about a difference fence. Additionally, I still stand by it sounding and looking better than the Khan. Safe bet for me.

Aug 8, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #23,031 of 40,579
Aug 8, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #23,033 of 40,579
$2k is my limit too. My Tia Trio and Legend X were bought during a sale for less than $2k. My A12t was also bought during a sale. The others were also bought during sales, but they are less than $2 normally.
Hi, So seems you have both, the LX and the Tia trio, and wondering how do they compare vs each other.
I have the LX and I love the bass but just wondering if it makes sense to have them both as I am looking out if I can find a good deal with Trio.

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #23,034 of 40,579
I’ll have the Odin late next week so can share some comparisons if you’re interested. :)
Thanks @Damz87 it would be good to hear your comparison between the two.

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #23,035 of 40,579
Hi, So seems you have both, the LX and the Tia trio, and wondering how do they compare vs each other.
I have the LX and I love the bass but just wondering if it makes sense to have them both as I am looking out if I can find a good deal with Trio.

They are actually quite different from each other. The LX has much more bass than Trio. The Tia Trio is brighter in the treble with more air than LX. You might also look at the comparison made by one of the reviewers on this site:

https://twister6.com/2018/02/07/empire-ears-legend-x/2/

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #23,036 of 40,579
and if you sell the cable , price drops to almost 2K , that's less than half of what Erlky costs...

wow.

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #23,037 of 40,579
IMG_2804.jpeg

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #23,038 of 40,579
Just arrived. Burning them in on the SR25 balanced. Guys, this faceplate it a work of art. It's not something that we chose as some of the others are. This is a SERIOUS 3D look. For those of us who actually do care about how our IEM's look when we are out and about, these will work with any color combo you are wearing, lol. My kids and wife tease me all the time, but I was brought up to look adn feel my best to do my best.

The fit and finish is as good as any of the IEM's I've played with. Nothing like most of you guys do, but it would need a clear ceramic coating over it to be better, lol. I was so worried about an IEM being loose or uncomfortable, but so far so good and I just pulled the L Final E tips out to start. Will go down one in a bit to play. The tip holder is a sturdy metal that. DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS...... This cable is MUCH thinner than I pictured. Very easy to keep under control and the Marvel inspired splitter, yoke collar are also galactic-ally stellar! These connectors put me at ease also. Everything is TOTL here from the packaging to the design to the looks and feel. Nicely done EE!!!

I will share as I break them in. So far I've played orchestral, female vocals and some Miles...Can't smile, if it ain't Miles. Normally out of the box any speaker or IEM I've heard can't play piano without my ears screaming for relief, lol. It's a tad harsh right now and I assumed it would be. I'm also highly critical of harsh high end. The vocals are LUSH, without that much being added. Excile from Taylor Swift is a duet with male, who's voice is deep. Very sweet.

It's only a few songs, but no bleeding from freq to freq. That's rare in any can or IEM. Few can pull that off and if it's not bleeding now, it won't as break in will just smooth out things a spec, deepen the bass and probably give a larger adn more realistic soundstage. Let's see if it does these few things and/or anything else.

I can tell you that it's rare that I can just set up a system and listen for the first few hours. I'm trying to 'LISTEN' so I can hear the leading edge of notes and the trailing edges along with stage and freq bleeding. Only my Vandersteen Treo's and Quatro's have allowed me to just get lost in the music as I'm trying to be critical, lol. MSRP of Treo around 9k and the Quatro's 16k.

Sorry to drone on....

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #23,039 of 40,579
here are some pics if I can figure this out:
6DFAFD5B-C138-48E2-AC9A-294DA78FCA4D.jpeg
64A67FFD-657E-4A9E-A2BA-1895AFA5106F.jpeg
46CFCF34-2005-4309-9875-8A77D462D1A2.jpeg
64A67FFD-657E-4A9E-A2BA-1895AFA5106F.jpeg
46CFCF34-2005-4309-9875-8A77D462D1A2.jpeg
F1BB5AC4-4B80-4BA3-845D-82A2BD75D637.jpeg
AF4D88CC-658C-442F-B98B-E28BB77C3ABA.jpeg
85B532D8-56DF-41AF-B574-AC7E1B73E22D.jpeg
97287C23-AF50-4369-AD7F-7D56DDA998D6.jpeg
0308FA1A-1C8E-4890-A572-4D402EE7AF5E.jpeg

Aug 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #23,040 of 40,579
Just arrived. Burning them in on the SR25 balanced. Guys, this faceplate it a work of art. It's not something that we chose as some of the others are. This is a SERIOUS 3D look. For those of us who actually do care about how our IEM's look when we are out and about, these will work with any color combo you are wearing, lol. My kids and wife tease me all the time, but I was brought up to look adn feel my best to do my best.

The fit and finish is as good as any of the IEM's I've played with. Nothing like most of you guys do, but it would need a clear ceramic coating over it to be better, lol. I was so worried about an IEM being loose or uncomfortable, but so far so good and I just pulled the L Final E tips out to start. Will go down one in a bit to play. The tip holder is a sturdy metal that. DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS...... This cable is MUCH thinner than I pictured. Very easy to keep under control and the Marvel inspired splitter, yoke collar are also galactic-ally stellar! These connectors put me at ease also. Everything is TOTL here from the packaging to the design to the looks and feel. Nicely done EE!!!

I will share as I break them in. So far I've played orchestral, female vocals and some Miles...Can't smile, if it ain't Miles. Normally out of the box any speaker or IEM I've heard can't play piano without my ears screaming for relief, lol. It's a tad harsh right now and I assumed it would be. I'm also highly critical of harsh high end. The vocals are LUSH, without that much being added. Excile from Taylor Swift is a duet with male, who's voice is deep. Very sweet.

It's only a few songs, but no bleeding from freq to freq. That's rare in any can or IEM. Few can pull that off and if it's not bleeding now, it won't as break in will just smooth out things a spec, deepen the bass and probably give a larger adn more realistic soundstage. Let's see if it does these few things and/or anything else.

I can tell you that it's rare that I can just set up a system and listen for the first few hours. I'm trying to 'LISTEN' so I can hear the leading edge of notes and the trailing edges along with stage and freq bleeding. Only my Vandersteen Treo's and Quatro's have allowed me to just get lost in the music as I'm trying to be critical, lol. MSRP of Treo around 9k and the Quatro's 16k.

Sorry to drone on....
Please compare them to your home system as well once they are set. What electronics are you running with the Quatros? Tks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back