Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 6, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #21,541 of 40,724
I stream Tidal all day on my 2 channel as well as portable. Streaming is totally different than BT, which was the question. It's the BT that's compressed. If you stream Tidal HiFI or Masters, you get CD or better than CD quality. BT has nothing to do with streaming at all.
Apologies i missed the BT part. Because i saw Spotify and that name makes me cringe and you dont even need totl iems to see difference in its.
I also have not taken Tidal into account as it is of no use for me. I had in mind more of main stream services

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #21,542 of 40,724
I have not seen any hard details, no.
I have speculated that - based on the name - it will sit on top of the Valk and have a similar driver structure, just more of them (i.e., estat + DD + BA). Maybe 2 estat + 2 DD + 3-4 BA. But that is a guess based on the name.

edit: back on page ~1426, Jack said:
Let's just say we utilized every weapon in our arsenal PLUS some to make this project happen :)
and
LX is our best selling model and I anticipate it'll remain in our top 3 for a hot minute.

I am talking about “rumor”, please take it as a grain of salt.

Odin setup may be 4 EST + 2DD + 5BA. So basically is LX with EST. But as usual setup is not important, the sound signature is more important.

Jun 6, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #21,543 of 40,724
I am talking about “rumor”, please take it as a grain of salt.

Odin setup may be 4 EST + 2DD + 5BA. So basically is LX with EST. But as usual setup is not important, the sound signature is more important.
Considering it currently have 2DD+5BA and is "huge", adding 4EST will become over ear. :) (Just joking guys, not offence)

Jun 7, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #21,545 of 40,724
If that the case, the shell should be same as Wraith as it so has 4 est and 7 ba
Not really, have you seen the size of the 2x W9 DD drives used on the LX? BAs are smaller than that.

But those IEM manufacturers can make magic when placing drivers in an small shell is a challenge.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #21,546 of 40,724
The Ferrari post was perfect IMHO. I have told Jack and others, that when I listen to the Phantom's on my 2 channel system they scale like no one's business. Most folks using IEM"s aren't listening to the electronics that I'm using and aren't even getting the 'full' experience of what the EE IME's can do (as well as any IEM).

Heck, I have a BT device for my cable (need to get a new one as it broke recently), but only when I'm on the road or on the elliptical as I don't care about the SQ and I don't want cords around. I have yet to hear Wraith or Odin, but I hope to soon. I will get a BT device and do a write up using the BT as well as balance wire off my soon to be ordered AK SR25.

This is a great topic as BT is getting much much better. I have yet to hear the newest one, but have friends who sell audio tell me that it's getting there but still a bit away from a wired connection.

I just noticed the two posts above mine after I hit send.

I have many friends (me included) who own incredible 2 channel systems. I don't need to go into what I am using in my main system right now, but one friend's is worth north of 500,000 USD. His cabling and cords alone cost over 80,000 USD.

He listens to a ton of EDM (I often do too)! He also listens to Classical, Rock, Jazz and Blues. As I've always said, music reproduction is music reproduction. If it can do orchestral, it can do Rock or EDM or.... :wink:. The IEM and the electronics have no idea what you are listening to. NONE. ha ha...

In the end, the ONLY thing that matters is the enjoyment of the music. :). The EE lines are wonderful as you can get nearly any sound signature you want in a pretty package at all price ranges. Again, JMHO....

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #21,547 of 40,724
The EE lines are wonderful as you can get nearly any sound signature you want in a pretty package at all price ranges
Thats what i like about EE. They are not afraid to experiment. And judging from impressions/reviews. Regardless of signature or tier they go for they manage to do it with exceptional technical performance.
Received an update from seller. My LX should be with me by end of next week. I can see the light now :ksc75smile:

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #21,548 of 40,724
Thats what i like about EE. They are not afraid to experiment. And judging from impressions/reviews. Regardless of signature or tier they go for they manage to do it with exceptional technical performance.
Received an update from seller. My LX should be with me by end of next week. I can see the light now :ksc75smile:
LX is definitely special, even straight out of my S10 headphone jack it makes things nice to enjoy.

Jun 7, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #21,549 of 40,724
I have a level 4 litz spc 4 wire on my LX and it did exactly what you are attempting to accomplish.3B0A94B5-0DB9-43BD-BDC8-9DB512E9AB2F.jpeg
She’s chunky but works wonders. Comparison next to Solaris stock cable for reference.

Thanks. I ended up ordering the Thor Silver II because I already have copper and SPC cables, so I figured a pure silver cable is the next logical choice.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #21,552 of 40,724
Can confirm...

Just listened to Apple Music on my Sony WF1000xm3. Then switched over to Legend X streaming Apple Music via Bluetooth to BTR5. The Legend X sounded leagues better still.
Thanks, I wonder how much role Fiio BTR5 had to play in the sound signature. I plan to use a cable like Plussound which has no EQ and likely inferior DAC chips when compared to BTR5. I will update if I go that route, I can say however that FH7 (with Mee BTX-2) sound noticeably better when compared to any TWS setup over Bluetooth 5 running APTX.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #21,553 of 40,724
Ok...let's go back to Odin, before I spend my savings on something else. :)
My money is still on a significant upgrade to the Valk - some combo of W9, estat, and BA (2 W9, 2-4 estat, 4 BA?)
I think a natural comparison will be to the Sultan (including price).
Just me guessing, partially based on the name.

really looking forward to it, whatever the config ends up being!

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #21,554 of 40,724
My money is still on a significant upgrade to the Valk - some combo of W9, estat, and BA (2 W9, 2-4 estat, 4 BA?)
I think a natural comparison will be to the Sultan (including price).
Just me guessing, partially based on the name.

really looking forward to it, whatever the config ends up being!
If you take the upper clarity of the Valks and add more estats to improve the definition without over doing the crunch... add the bass of the LX and then bring smooth warm mids... you’ll have a killer and everyone’s chasing IEM perfection will end.

Jun 7, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #21,555 of 40,724
If you take the upper clarity of the Valks and add more estats to improve the definition without over doing the crunch... add the bass of the LX and then bring smooth warm mids... you’ll have a killer and everyone’s chasing IEM perfection will end.
:pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back