Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 3, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #18,273 of 40,588
the Legend X order will finally be placed this month, I'm pretty sure :eyes:

the only remaining question is whether to get a logo or not. other than that, i'm going straight transparent for the body—I like to be able to see the workmanship of the internals, and seeing the "truth in engineering" (excuse the corny phrase) has always been important to me—and abalone faceplates.

@rwalkerphl provides an example of, I think, some of the best looking IEMs I've ever seen:

8158129.jpg

I'm a little worried mine won't look as nice on account of my Yuge Ears (e.g. the patterning on these doesn't look as nice to me...), but in any case these are currently making me lean toward the "no logo" camp. Any alternate takes on the matter?

The one you linked to is definitely an older set of ours (as you can tell by the logo sheen) and we've since switched to a different abalone material. While it still has the natural variation of Abalone, the cuts overall are more consistent and much shinier/...prettier than the older stuff. I've seen Abalone on teeny faceplates and big faceplates and it always looks mint.

If you decide to go with a logo, with larger ears, I always prefer the wing logo since it has a wider span. I feel like it complements larger faceplates better than the circular EE. But hey, that's my personal preference. :wink:

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #18,275 of 40,588
Actually, @Devon Higgins , there's one more thing that either you or @ajyagle (hi Austin!) might be able to help with—I know there's a lot of product photography that gets done over at EE, which we can see on y'all's instagram. However, does all of it end up on instagram? Facebook's (and thus instagram's) image-hosting servers are down right now, but I don't think there were too many shots of the abalone faceplate that I can remember—are there any professional shots (seriously, y'all must have a nice setup!) that you might be able to send my way to help me pick between logo/no logo? silly thing to be indecisive about, but it's tough!

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #18,276 of 40,588
There are a couple hours left on the poll! Hop over there if you haven't already! Lots of great names have been added to the poll, some humorous ones as well.

Something you might find a little more exciting,

We are running 15% off all of our IEMs in honor of Fourth of July, excluding the Wraith and Valkyrie! Head over to our website for more details. You guys have a fun weekend and stay safe!

IMG_9963-Edit.jpg

*Coupon code: YAYAMERICA

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #18,277 of 40,588
Actually, @Devon Higgins , there's one more thing that either you or @ajyagle (hi Austin!) might be able to help with—I know there's a lot of product photography that gets done over at EE, which we can see on y'all's instagram. However, does all of it end up on instagram? Facebook's (and thus instagram's) image-hosting servers are down right now, but I don't think there were too many shots of the abalone faceplate that I can remember—are there any professional shots (seriously, y'all must have a nice setup!) that you might be able to send my way to help me pick between logo/no logo? silly thing to be indecisive about, but it's tough!

I will pass along the compliments to our media manager! He truly is the wind beneath all of our wings (especially mine because I do the social media posting LOL). I've got a shot of Abalone on Gold EE, but just checked in and we don't have any pics of Wing/Abalone. I got some EE and Wings on larger faceplates that Austin's gonna send over to you, so hopefully that helps with your decision making process. :)

Not everything ends up on our socials, but the good stuff always does HEHEH.

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #18,279 of 40,588
I wish I can afford the Valkyrie right now to take advantage of 15% during 4th of July. But my wallet has been burned! :anguished:

If it's any consolation, the Wraith and Valkyrie are actually not eligible for this discount since they are in pre-order and not yet listed on the site. Your wallet is safe............ for now. :smiling_imp:

(Original post edited for clarity!!)

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #18,280 of 40,588
There are a couple hours left on the poll! Hop over there if you haven't already! Lots of great names have been added to the poll, some humorous ones as well.

Something you might find a little more exciting,

We are running 15% off all of our IEMs in honor of Fourth of July, excluding the Wraith and Valkyrie! Head over to our website for more details. You guys have a fun weekend and stay safe!

*Coupon code: YAYAMERICA
Now I found the replacement to my Z1r. Are you guys extending that to the distributors? (Australia to be more especific)

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #18,281 of 40,588
If it's any consolation, the Wraith and Valkyrie are actually not eligible for this discount since they are in pre-order and not yet listed on the site. Your wallet is safe............ for now. :smiling_imp:

(Original post edited for clarity!!)
This just means the release is getting moved up isn't it Devon? :p

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #18,284 of 40,588
Impressions getting made on Friday for whatever I order.
Doing the same here. (if the deal is extended to the distributors)

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #18,285 of 40,588
Doing the same here. (if the deal is extended to the distributors)

I am torn between JH Audio Lola, 64 Audio A12t and Empire Ears Legend X. The Lola has the best mids and is less money. The Legend X has the best bass. The A12t is the most balanced. Can I roll them into one IEM?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back