Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 2, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #18,256 of 40,591
Edited original post for clarity.

I realize that may have sounded confusing, in this case, the shape and fit of the shell that is utilized for the X and EP series will not change.

Thanks. It might make it irrelevant anyway as I am contacting audiologist and found one that does a lot of 64 Audio and other company impressions. 64 Audio and Empire Ears have exactly the same instructions in the impression guides, so I know they can do a good job. They are just 90 minutes from me, but they recommended two closer places to me.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #18,257 of 40,591
Is it advisable making your first custom be a high priced IEM instead of a low priced one? I just prefer to buy something I want instead of a lesser item I do not want.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #18,259 of 40,591
Is it advisable making your first custom be a high priced IEM instead of a low priced one? I just prefer to buy something I want instead of a lesser item I do not want.
I second the comment of buying what you want. It's less in the long run and you'll be satisfied for the time being.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #18,261 of 40,591
Spend the $ and get what you truly want or you will never be content. Trust me lol.

I second the comment of buying what you want. It's less in the long run and you'll be satisfied for the time being.

Agreed. I have never regretted what I bought and satisfied with my decision in the long run.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #18,262 of 40,591
Spend the $ and get what you truly want or you will never be content. Trust me lol.

This is true. I always prefer to get what I want. I just did not know if there is a possibility I would not like customs and then not be able to sell it. I guess I would get a little feel for it getting the impression.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #18,263 of 40,591
Jul 2, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #18,264 of 40,591
This is true. I always prefer to get what I want. I just did not know if there is a possibility I would not like customs and then not be able to sell it. I guess I would get a little feel for it getting the impression.

I used to be 100% against customs and went for universals only due to the resale aspect. Then I bought the universal Legend X and didn’t like the fit so I took the plunge on customs. Now I have both the A18t and Legend X customs and couldn’t be happier. Get some good ear impressions and customs are a game changer. To me there is nothing better than being able to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music with customs and not worrying about fiddling with the fit or tips.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #18,265 of 40,591

That's the risk of customs. They are not the be all and end all for some sadly. There are those that swear by them, and some that swear at them :p As long as you go to a decent audiologist who know what they are doing (get in touch with EE to see if they have anyone they can recommend near you perhaps? you should be good to go.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #18,267 of 40,591
CAN'T BREATHE, TOO BUSY LAUGHING

What is this contentment that you speak of :p Currently trying to drown out that voice telling me to get the 1960's again. Not working tbh.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #18,268 of 40,591
CAN'T BREATHE, TOO BUSY LAUGHING

What is this contentment that you speak of :p Currently trying to drown out that voice telling me to get the 1960's again. Not working tbh.

Haha! That is my point though, you had them, got rid of them, now you want them back! Best to just buy what you know you enjoy the most/want the most and be done with it for as long as possible :p

Jul 2, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #18,270 of 40,591
the Legend X order will finally be placed this month, I'm pretty sure :eyes:

the only remaining question is whether to get a logo or not. other than that, i'm going straight transparent for the body—I like to be able to see the workmanship of the internals, and seeing the "truth in engineering" (excuse the corny phrase) has always been important to me—and abalone faceplates.

@rwalkerphl provides an example of, I think, some of the best looking IEMs I've ever seen:

8158129.jpg

I'm a little worried mine won't look as nice on account of my Yuge Ears (e.g. the patterning on these doesn't look as nice to me...), but in any case these are currently making me lean toward the "no logo" camp. Any alternate takes on the matter?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back