Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 1, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #18,241 of 40,587
I assume if stored properly impressions should be good for some time. I’ve heard that weight gain/loss can change ear size/shape. As for me, I’m as fit as I was in college (I wish). On a related note, I make my own impressions as al the audiologists I’ve contacted in NYC have quite $150+ for rear molds/impressions. I don’t recommend making your own impressions though unless you know what you’re doing.

In NYC check Dominic Servedio - got my impressions form my Phantoms from him for abt $60, perfect fit first time, and he works with UE and 64 Audio as well I believe. Think he launched a separate website purely for IEMs but can't remember it.

https://advancedaudiology.net/

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #18,242 of 40,587
I think 64 audio does as well, as does Custom Art?

Actually, one of my local stores has a process where they'll take your ear impressions, scan them, and then 3D print them for you to ensure that they fit properly. That way, you can get some eartime with the impressions before ordering the CIEM to make sure that they don't get irritating over time. Thought it was a cool thing to do (and I'm sure it minimizes the hassle - for both the buyer and the distributor - of having repeated refits).

God I wish that was more common :frowning2: One of the other ciem companies (based on my ears funnily enough) used to do a prefit shell. You send your impressions in, they process the shell without any electronics in it and send it back to you for testing. They then make a new shell based on any comments you gave back to them.

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #18,244 of 40,587
Announcements Incoming!

Got a couple things we were announcing to the public and I wanted to make sure word got to you guys quickly!

When it comes time to place an order for custom set, the worst thing is the wait! Our guys (and gals) in the lab have been doing a killer job of stream lining production, working towards offering the same incredible quality in less time, and they have done just that. Our build time was about 4 to 5 weeks on all new custom orders, and now is down to just 3 weeks!

Next! I'm sure you guys have been seeing pictures of our stuff teased with those round aluminum cases. Well, I'm happy to announce that all orders placed on or after today July 1st, 2019, will ship with with our entirely new Retail Packaging, Case, and Accessories!
The custom and universal packing differ slightly, as seen below and you can read more about all of this here, https://empireears.com/blogs/news/huge-news-brand-new-packaging-cases-and-a-shorter-build-time .

Custom Packaging

IMG_8905-Edit.jpgIMG_8909-Edit.jpgIMG_8914-Edit.jpg
Universal Packaging
IMG_8924-Edit.jpg IMG_8928.jpg IMG_8930-Edit.jpg

Hope you all like the changes we have made!

Attachments

• IMG_8917.jpg
    IMG_8917.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #18,247 of 40,587
By any chance could we purchase one of the metal cases, beasts dragging a peli case around or multiple ones

^ This, I would love one of those aluminum cases for my Legend X customs.

Yes! It is available and will be on the website later this week. I PM'd you both.

Jul 1, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #18,248 of 40,587
Announcements Incoming!

Got a couple things we were announcing to the public and I wanted to make sure word got to you guys quickly!

When it comes time to place an order for custom set, the worst thing is the wait! Our guys (and gals) in the lab have been doing a killer job of stream lining production, working towards offering the same incredible quality in less time, and they have done just that. Our build time was about 4 to 5 weeks on all new custom orders, and now is down to just 3 weeks!

Next! I'm sure you guys have been seeing pictures of our stuff teased with those round aluminum cases. Well, I'm happy to announce that all orders placed on or after today July 1st, 2019, will ship with with our entirely new Retail Packaging, Case, and Accessories!
The custom and universal packing differ slightly, as seen below and you can read more about all of this here, https://empireears.com/blogs/news/huge-news-brand-new-packaging-cases-and-a-shorter-build-time .

Custom Packaging

Universal Packaging

Hope you all like the changes we have made!

Awesome! I love my JH Audio Angie case and your new cases are the same, except possibly size. The advantage is if you use a Pelican case like I do, the round cases work perfect.
5EA1C298-88FB-4E9E-A042-A05AF39E6605.jpeg
5E20CD82-8262-4CA9-9704-6B6915A353F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #18,251 of 40,587
Great news about the cases and lead times for customs :)

I seem to recall something mentioned about new shell design/material for the Wraith and Valkyrie.
Then I think somebody asked whether these new shells would be used for LegendX and other existing EE products.
Has there been an answer about this? And would it apply to universals only?

I tried searching posts by @ajyagle but didn't see anything about this
Am likely to be buying an LX and if I can get one with the new shell, that would be perfect :)

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #18,252 of 40,587
Great news about the cases and lead times for customs :)

I seem to recall something mentioned about new shell design/material for the Wraith and Valkyrie.
Then I think somebody asked whether these new shells would be used for LegendX and other existing EE products.
Has there been an answer about this? And would it apply to universals only?

I tried searching posts by @ajyagle but didn't see anything about this
Am likely to be buying an LX and if I can get one with the new shell, that would be perfect :)

When developing the Valkyrie and Wraith, they were designed in conjunction with the new shell designs. The X and EP series are still currently in their original shells. We are exploring the avenue of redesigning these shells, but at no compromise to what we currently do.

Edit: Just to be clear, this potential "redesign" will not change the shape and fit of the current models.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #18,253 of 40,587
When developing the Valkyrie and Wraith, they were designed in conjunction with the new shell designs. The X and EP series are still currently in their original shells. We are exploring the avenue of redesigning these shells, but at no compromise to what we currently do.

That makes it harder on deciding what and when to order, because I would prefer the new shells and do not know how long it would be before any change would occur, if at all. If I had infinite cash (no credit), I would get my favorite from each of Empire Ears (Legend X), JH Audio (Lola) and 64 Audio (U12t).

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #18,254 of 40,587
That makes it harder on deciding what and when to order, because I would prefer the new shells and do not know how long it would be before any change would occur, if at all. If I had infinite cash (no credit), I would get my favorite from each of Empire Ears (Legend X), JH Audio (Lola) and 64 Audio (U12t).

Edited original post for clarity.

I realize that may have sounded confusing, in this case, the shape and fit of the shell that is utilized for the X and EP series will not change.

Jul 2, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #18,255 of 40,587

At CanJam SoCal after asking Jack he said EE will consider after the new products I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back