Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 27, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #13,789 of 40,587
I guess comply isn't good?

have never had a good experience with complys, takes too much effort to put em in. as @olddude mentioned, final e have wider bores, spiral dots is actually the largest afaik

May 27, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #13,790 of 40,587
They aren't bad, FA just seems better. When you reach Michael, ask for the E tips. I've had better luck with the blacks, didn't like the clears. You get a set for about ten bucks (can't order one size, you get the set). Use the smallest possible, they are designed to go as deep as possible for the best bass response. They ship quickly, arrive quickly. Great customer service.

May 28, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #13,791 of 40,587
being a brand agnostic, wouldnt the Trio be a better representative of a mix between the Fourte and the LX? or if you wish to stick with EE, the Nemesis with a detail oriented cable perhaps?

I tried the Trio briefly and it didn't sit too well with me. I just remember a strange mid-range dip that made certain harmonic overtones much softer than others, making vocals seem almost roller-coaster-like in terms of volume. I simply made those recommendations because the user wished to stick with EE. The Nemesis is a good shout as well, but I'm personally wary of its lower-treble peak.

May 28, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #13,792 of 40,587
Hello @Ethan Groover I sent you an email 5 days ago to get info on the Phantom. Guess your are quite busy these days, but don't forget me!

May 28, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #13,793 of 40,587
May 28, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #13,794 of 40,587
Just got my pair of UIEM Legend X today in the mail. It's just too awesome. The bass and treble on these things left me speechless.
ee1.PNG
ee2.PNG
ee3.PNG

May 28, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #13,795 of 40,587
Just got my pair of UIEM Legend X today in the mail. It's just too awesome. The bass and treble on these things left me speechless.
Congrats and I think I see a Labkable Titan box as well. :grin:

May 28, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #13,797 of 40,587
If you like heavy music, EDM, orchestral, probably forgo the Zeus. It handles bass and timbre well, but it doesn't add it if it's not there. It's very transparent, very detailed, very open. I only tried the Legend for a minute, way too warm and smooth for me. If you like warm and smooth, that might fit your needs. The Phantom resides to some degree in the middle. It's warmer than the Zeus, lots more oomph from the middle on down, not as much detail up above, and certainly not as transparent. It's a very good IEM. However, I don't love it the way I love my Zeus and am considering selling it due to lack of use. And I agree, the Zeus XR is the way to go if you for the Zeus. It really comes down to what music you listen to and what your preferred sound signature is. No one can really tell you what to get. Weigh the options carefully.

i saved this post in my pc to see when i start thinking 'yeah zeus is great , buy maybe i need phantom/legend' ?

thanx for the impressions man.

May 28, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #13,798 of 40,587
As good the TOTL pair sound, the Vantage I feel shouldn't be overlooked. It has a sound quality that I think many would like. As a Zeus owner, I really enjoyed the Vantage quite a lot. It has an enjoyable warm tuning to my ears while pairing it with the SP1000. It also has the dynamic bass quality of the Legend X, and the smooth sound of the Phantom, maybe clearer. If I would get another EE IEM to complement the Zeus, I think the Vantage would be it. I tried the Phantom several times now, and the sound signature just couldn't suit well with my taste, despite its excellent technicalities and emotional presentation. The Legend X too, which I felt was 'too good', big bass, forward mids, and clear treble; lacking a bit of contrast necessary to accentuate/highlight any of them, and a bit of harmony in its overall sound. YMMV of course. :)

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #13,799 of 40,587
As good the TOTL pair sound, the Vantage I feel shouldn't be overlooked. It has a sound quality that I think many would like. As a Zeus owner, I really enjoyed the Vantage quite a lot. It has an enjoyable warm tuning to my ears while pairing it with the SP1000. It also has the dynamic bass quality of the Legend X, and the smooth sound of the Phantom, maybe clearer. If I would get another EE IEM to complement the Zeus, I think the Vantage would be it. I tried the Phantom several times now, and the sound signature just couldn't suit well with my taste, despite its excellent technicalities and emotional presentation. The Legend X too, which I felt was 'too good', big bass, forward mids, and clear treble; lacking a bit of contrast necessary to accentuate/highlight any of them, and a bit of harmony in its overall sound. YMMV of course. :)

Word. :wink:

May 28, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #13,800 of 40,587
They aren't bad, FA just seems better. When you reach Michael, ask for the E tips. I've had better luck with the blacks, didn't like the clears. You get a set for about ten bucks (can't order one size, you get the set). Use the smallest possible, they are designed to go as deep as possible for the best bass response. They ship quickly, arrive quickly. Great customer service.

Is there really much difference between the clear and black tips? Finally (!) got a set in for another universal ciem I have (custom art's music two) and have at last found a set of tips that seem to fit me quite well. The place I had got them from (hifiheadphones) only had the multipack in clear but do sell the blacks in sets. If there is a difference I may pick up a set of the size that fits.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back