Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #9,182 of 40,587
I've heard a lot about the hissing noises from EE, people say that it is very visible and annoying, is it that severe? Really looking to purchase my first CIEM soon, want to be informed as much as possible ^ ^

It depends on the source you're using. What do you plan on driving it with?

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #9,184 of 40,587
Due to budget constraints, probably iphone with Spotify with Mojo Chord, or might buy a DAP like Fiio X7 or AK70

A phone, a Chord Mojo and an X7 will hiss moderately, and how much it affects your listening experience will depend on your listening volumes. The AK70 should work perfectly fine with minimal-to-no hiss.

Nov 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #9,185 of 40,587
I can also confirm there is no noticeable hiss (to my ears) on the Cayin N5II (soon to be released) when using the 3.5mm output with Zeus XR. I need to test Zeus and Spartan on Cayin's balanced to see what it sounds like. Noble Audio Encore and tia Fourté really shine on the N5 balanced.

Nov 20, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #9,188 of 40,587
@Wyville i love your avatar xaaxaxaxaxaxaxaaa

you have become my new favorite HF member here , always with a good-mannered vibe and humorous

and of course , the now almost famous wyville doGifs :k701smile:

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #9,189 of 40,587
@Wyville i love your avatar xaaxaxaxaxaxaxaaa

you have become my new favorite HF member here , always with a good-mannered vibe and humorous

and of course , the now almost famous wyville doGifs :k701smile:
Hehe, "doGifs". :D

Cheers mate! It is always important to laugh and get some proper doggy and retail therapy! Could use some of it myself, so hopefully I will get my hands on something expensive soon! :sweat_smile:

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,190 of 40,587
i read a medicaal report , that people with dog have way less cardiac problems , apparently having a dog makes you walk/exercise more and you get more positive/happy when around them

prozac on legs

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #9,191 of 40,587
i read a medicaal report , that people with dog have way less cardiac problems , apparently having a dog makes you walk/exercise more and you get more positive/happy when around them

prozac on legs
I can easily believe that!

I am still working on the benefits of music for (mental) health. Used to work with people who were doing research on music for the treatment of dementia and I am exploring the benefits for people with ADHD (although my own work on it is not formal research). I still believe that a better quality of music and a suitable signature for personal preferences is key to unlocking the full potential of music, and that potential is much greater than many people realise.

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #9,192 of 40,587
Hi everyone. Two weeks ago I went to my local headphone dealer up in toronto and auditioned almost all the EE line and walked out with the Athena-VIII. I really wanted and thought I would have picked up the Zeus-XIV but turned out the Athena-VIII was more to my liking. I had the owner make me a copper Litz cable a couple days ago as I can not stand memory wire lol anyways after two weeks with the Athena-VIII I am truly in heaven. Great product EE!!
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! And thank you for the kind words.

prozac on legs
lol :laughing:

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #9,194 of 40,587
I've seen a couple people mention it, but I just want to formally announce that Empire is doing a Pre-Black Friday sale from now until the 23rd!
35% off all stock universal units with code EMPIRE35, and 20% off of everything else with code EMPIRE20.
If anyone has any questions regarding the Black Friday sale please don't hesitate to PM me!

Nov 20, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #9,195 of 40,587
Looking at grabbing a Spartan with the current sale. Anybody here match it up with an Opus #1? I searched the thread and didn't see anybody commenting on this combo, except that the Opus hisses with most EE offereings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back