Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 29, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #6,991 of 40,604
I hope that the Facebook entries aren't a requirement to enter at all, because I don't have Facebook.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #6,992 of 40,604
I hope that the Facebook entries aren't a requirement to enter at all, because I don't have Facebook.

These are the requirements: 

Here's what you have to do to enter:
 ​
1) Like both Empire and Effect Audio's Facebook pages:
 ​
 ​
2) Like and share the giveaway post from Empire's Facebook page (See #1 for link)
 ​
3) Comment on the above post with your current in-ear setup, Head-Fi handle, and why you need the Zeus-XR in your collection!
 ​
**BONUS DOUBLE ENTRY**
 ​
4) Head-Fi members have the advantage of receiving a DOUBLE ENTRY by posting on this thread a new flagship name for us to potentially use in the future!

Not sure if you can ONLY utilize the Head-Fi advantage part given your situation. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #6,995 of 40,604
Remember to post the names in the official giveaway thread! 

Not on this one 
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #6,996 of 40,604

​
Until a winner is drawn we'll also be running a "Customer Appreciation Sale"! 15% off your entire purchase at http://www.empireears.com!
 ​

Hi Jack

FYI - I have just tried the promotional code in your above post at checkout (as I was in process of ordering some Spartans) and it only takes $15.00 off the purchase and NOT 15% as stated in your post - you might want to check this out (unless it's just me being an idiot!?).  Has anybody else tried and got the same thing ?

Cheers

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #6,997 of 40,604

Hi Jack

FYI - I have just tried the promotional code in your above post at checkout (as I was in process of ordering some Spartans) and it only takes $15.00 off the purchase and NOT 15% as stated in your post - you might want to check this out (unless it's just me being an idiot!?).  Has anybody else tried and got the same thing ?

Cheers

Same thing for me.  PMed him yesterday about 15 mins after he posted the giveaway.

Mar 30, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #6,998 of 40,604

Hi Jack

Cheers

Strange! Just re-uploaded the code and it works now. Sorry for the inconvenience. Don't hesitate to reach out if it doesn't! If you guys want a customized universal just order the custom version but in the checkout notes put "UIEM" and i'll process it accordingly =)

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,999 of 40,604
Yeah I really like a balanced signature. I do enjoy a somewhat warm signature though. The biggest things that effect me is pressure of course (looking at you ADEL) and forward mids and bright treble...so ultimately I prefer warm signatures I guess because the mids are typically a little recessed and the top end is tamed. But if I could get those qualities in a neutral sounding IEM then that would be great! I know....bit of a challenge...Thanks for your input! By the way, what do you guys think the best time of year is to buy an TOTL IEM from EE? 

Well I haven't heard the ADEL version of spartan. It might be a bit smoother than the non-ADEL, that I did demo. The Spartan I tried was very clear and airy in the highs. Great extension. Definitely not rolled off. Not sibilant per se either, but some lower quality recording were pushing it here and there. Overall a very clean and balanced signature. The Zeus on the other hand is clearer will being smoother. Hard to explain, but it's smooth as butter up top, but still so clear. The R tuning isn't terribly mid forward, but is it's strong point. The XIV in the other hand is all about the mids. So my suggestion would be to try the Spartan ADEL, and then maybe the Zeus R with or without ADEL.

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #7,001 of 40,604
What cable you guys using your EE iem with. If you've had a number of cables in the past. What ia the thinnest one?

I've had a few of the cheaper (non crazy expensive options) cables and I've found the Effect Audio Ares ii+ to be my favorite. The thinnest physically and the thinnest sounding was the BTG Starlight that came with Zeus. I didn't like that cable much to be honest, so much so that I switched to the old cheap copper Plastics One cable that I had laying around from other IEMs, it's the industry standard stock cable.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #7,002 of 40,604
What cable you guys using your EE iem with. If you've had a number of cables in the past. What ia the thinnest one?
I was on the review tour for the Linum Super BaX and it very thin and sounded amazing, I'll be posting my review soon and will be purchasing one of my own in the next month.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #7,003 of 40,604
I was on the review tour for the Linum Super BaX and it very thin and sounded amazing, I'll be posting my review soon and will be purchasing one of my own in the next month.

Nice looking cable. How does it compare with your Type 6 from Impact Audio ?

I have their 2 strand version in a TRRS configuration and it is very thin, light and sounds great. I bought a PW Audio No. 5 and await its delivery, but its not thin.

Impact Audio 2 Strand.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #7,004 of 40,604
Nice looking cable. How does it compare with your Type 6 from Impact Audio ?

I have their 2 strand version in a TRRS configuration and it is very thin, light and sounds great. I bought a PW Audio No. 5 and await its delivery, but its not thin.

Impact Audio 2 Strand.
I don't have that cable, but the Linum cable is thinner than that for sure and has a warning in the instructions to be careful because it can damage you fingers, because of how thin and strong it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back