Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 6, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #6,647 of 40,591

Bad ass review

Excellent review @PokerFaze! Very much in line with my personal impressions of my own unit, and further encouraging my desire to get the MAM modules after demoing them to quite positive impressions a week ago.

Thank you for all your kind words! This being my first review, I am still very much learning how to write them. I had a blast writing this review and I hope this is not my last! I really appreciate the support :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #6,648 of 40,591
As the Athena is very sensitive, the hiss is pretty substantial with both sources, and sometimes, I will admit, it is rather distracting.​

I agree that the hiss can be rather annoying sometimes. That being said, look into the iFi iEMatch. That might be a solution. 

Anyhow, great review! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #6,649 of 40,591
I agree that the hiss can be rather annoying sometimes. That being said, look into the iFi iEMatch. That might be a solution. 

Anyhow, great review! :D

I've found the iematch to hinder Zeus XR (with mojo) performance, making sound off. But maybe with a different iem it's fine

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #6,651 of 40,591
Awesome review PokerFaze.

I am picking up my Zeus XR Adel from the post office tomorrow morning, will pair it with the following cables (PW Audio no 5, PW Audio 1960's 2 wire, Whiplash TWAu) and my AK380 black with amp. I have no doubt I will share some of my thoughts also however nothing like the great in depth review with slick pictures that you have posted above. Well done.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #6,652 of 40,591
Probably the one thing i'm wary of! I personally haven't tried it (at least not yet) but if it hinders the SQ by just a smidge, I may be able to live with that.

I have read from others it is good with 1964 audio iems. But with Zeus xr. I didn't like it.

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #6,654 of 40,591

Anyhow, great review! 
biggrin.gif

Ah I see, I might look into that during CanJam later this weekend! Thank you for the kind words and suggestion! :)

Awesome review PokerFaze.

I am picking up my Zeus XR Adel from the post office tomorrow morning, will pair it with the following cables (PW Audio no 5, PW Audio 1960's 2 wire, Whiplash TWAu) and my AK380 black with amp. I have no doubt I will share some of my thoughts also however nothing like the great in depth review with slick pictures that you have posted above. Well done.

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to reading your impressions on the Zeus XRA! Personally, I really like pairing the PW Audio 1960s to the Zeus.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #6,655 of 40,591

Ah I see, I might look into that during CanJam later this weekend! Thank you for the kind words and suggestion! :)

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to reading your impressions on the Zeus XRA! Personally, I really like pairing the PW Audio 1960s to the Zeus.

Bro, if u are free during or after CanJam, perhaps u can compare your Athena Adel with the EE x EA Arthur:)

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #6,656 of 40,591

Bro, if u are free during or after CanJam, perhaps u can compare your Athena Adel with the EE x EA Arthur:)

Yeah sure man, I will definitely be free. I actually was at MS earlier today and I did try the Arthur but it was just very briefly so I shall reserve my comments until I have heard it extensively. Will get back to you once I have compared them extensively!

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #6,657 of 40,591
Great review!! Look forward yo you getting a good dac/amp or dap to further enhance your reviews and demonstrate the true potential of these IEMs.

Looking forward to the upcoming XRA review and also getting my own XRA very soon!

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #6,658 of 40,591
nice Athena review @PokerFaze 

i hope i don't regret selling mine 
tongue.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #6,659 of 40,591
Very good and level-headed review, @PokerFaze !

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #6,660 of 40,591
  Like I mentioned in the other thread, orders used to get out within a day or two. But now, I don't know. I don't work from the lab anymore, so I really can't speak to the timeline for orders.
Sorry guys. 

I sent in an email 1 week ago and haven't heard back either. I guess the indiegogo thing is getting in the way of business. Any idea when those ship? They might be distracted till then.

BTW update on the modded G1 - any for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back