Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 19, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #4,294 of 40,591
  Also, still confused about the number of bores. He said Zeus adel would have 5 bores, but the website lists 4.

The Zeus ADEL features 5 bores and you can add 1 extra bore for every Empire ADEL variant. The website is now live but there's still a few things we're working out (specs, Universal builder, etc). We'll address them in the coming days and feedback is always welcome. The move definitely consumed our weekend so I apologize about the delays. Everything will be back to normal by Monday! 

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #4,295 of 40,591
  The Gods have spoken... AGAIN!!!
biggrin.gif

Zeus XR ADEL, universal fit:

Housings look not small enough for 2017. 

How much % bigger Zeus R Adel is compared to Zeus R, if you could trust your memory?

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #4,296 of 40,591

How much % bigger Zeus R Adel is compared to Zeus R, if you could trust your memory?

''make housings great again'' ? 
tongue.gif

i think that the photo angle is misleading , it makes it look probably bigger than what it really is

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #4,298 of 40,591

The Gods have spoken... AGAIN!!!
biggrin.gif

Zeus XR ADEL, universal fit:

I posted more pictures, including a few in-ear selfies here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/4245#post_13019496

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/4215#post_13016252

A few things to keep in mind, Universal fit shell will always be bigger than Custom fit, so it's not a fair comparison, even by memory.  The Custom Zeus-R was shorter and also wider, filling out the inner part of my concha area.  Universal Zues XR Adel is noticeably narrower and also deeper.  Keep in mind, now you are adding ADEL module so need more depth for the barrel of that module, and extra margin for "universal" part of the shell design.  Also, this is XR design with a switch to go between XIV and R crossover.

So, we still go 14 drivers and now added ADEL module, a switch, and dual crossover, and went from a custom fit shell to a universal narrower shell.  Taking all these factors into consideration it's fair to say the size is very reasonable, imho.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #4,301 of 40,591
  would they have any promotion? 

Yes, Empire always has considerably generous promotions on Black Friday. Music Sanctuary here in Singapore has already announced their discounted prices. I also believe someone here already quoted a 20%-off-non-ADEL customs from Jack.

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #4,302 of 40,591

Yes, Empire always has considerably generous promotions on Black Friday. Music Sanctuary here in Singapore has already announced their discounted prices. I also believe someone here already quoted a 20%-off-non-ADEL customs from Jack.

so the new ADEL model is not likely going to be on sale?

And since the cost is the same I don't know if get it custom fit or universal.... 

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #4,303 of 40,591

so the new ADEL model is not likely going to be on sale?

And since the cost is the same I don't know if get it custom fit or universal.... 

The ADEL line will definitely be featured in our annual Black Friday sale. As of right now the target is 20% off of non-ADEL models and 15% off of the all-new ADEL models.

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #4,305 of 40,591
  Does any1 here from singapore knows if theres any Zeus Adel demo at Music Sanctuary?

@Kozato placed his order but we just received the new aluminum CNC ADEL sleeves so production began a little later than anticipated. Music Sanctuary will for sure have the XR ADEL available to audition in Singapore within the next 1-2 weeks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back