Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #3,481 of 40,728
Oct 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #3,485 of 40,728
A little case mod, will add transport and cable in a few day, no rattle, just snug comfort.

Internal

I don't want thr (Pelican 1170 case) logo on it, but it doesn't appear to be easily removed, how do I cover it up beautifully?

Heat gun or hair dryer will loosen the adhesive up and then use some alcohol or other mild solvent to remove the residue.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #3,486 of 40,728
I completely agree with you on that, to me everything about the bass is completely opposite of what @Luciferhawk is saying and I had the entire Olympus line up for a 4 week period for review, which is on page 116.

In my experience source impedance issues usually mean too much bass and less of everything else. I think he must have had a less than optimal seal with a universal model.

I had the opportunity at stopping by MS today to try the Athena...first of all I apologize for the mis-information that the Athena has "no bass" on my previous post
frown.gif
 I would like to correct that...the bass on the Athena is actually there and to my liking 
tongue.gif

I may have had a bad seal on the universal demo I auditioned previously and/or my ears were playing tricks on me 
blink.gif

Nonetheless the Athena is a great piece of IEM...but I still stand by my choice of Hermes & Apollo 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #3,487 of 40,728
AFAIK or at least according to the Crystal Sound FB page only the MK branch has EE for demo... Really hoping some universals will come in at some point
Shiny... @w@

According to the salesperson on the MK branch the universals are not likely to come in from the HK distributor.

People at MS told me that the universals are only 70% performance of the customs
eek.gif
...now it got me thinking if I should've gone with the customs as it cost the same if not slightly more 
frown.gif

Either I just live with my soon to arrive universal Hermes or sell it and purchase the custom version 
confused.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,488 of 40,728
According to the salesperson on the MK branch the universals are not likely to come in from the HK distributor.

People at MS told me that the universals are only 70% performance of the customs :eek: ...now it got me thinking if I should've gone with the customs as it cost the same if not slightly more :frowning2:

Either I just live with my soon to arrive universal Hermes or sell it and purchase the custom version :confused:

I've never owned a custom so I can't say but isn't the driver content the same? One could argue that not having to squash them in a smaller housing could help with the sound but you'd have to ask the engineers that.

I always thought the advantage of customs were fit, isolation and cool faceplates. I'm mostly reserved about customs because having to ship across the globe to get things tuned to the right fit would kill my pockets.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #3,489 of 40,728

People at MS told me that the universals are only 70% performance of the customs :eek: ...now it got me thinking if I should've gone with the customs as it cost the same if not slightly more :frowning2:

Either I just live with my soon to arrive universal Hermes or sell it and purchase the custom version :confused:

Completely untrue. I find EE universals to be extremely close to the custom. The only differences I find are in bass, due to better fit and seal. Unless manufacturers are monkeying around with placing drivers differently in demos, they should be able to get the sound really close. Some are better at it than others. EE gets it right. You have nothing to worry about.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #3,490 of 40,728
well i can not go back to universal fit anymore

i don't mean to sound vulgar, but custom fit reminds me the feeling i have during sex - that perfect, tight fit when you know what 
tongue.gif

i have bought 3 customs in 6 months , and the only thing keeping me from trying/buying more (1 each month) is shortage on funds

i am officially addicted to that tight, custom fit 
gs1000.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #3,491 of 40,728
I've never owned a custom so I can't say but isn't the driver content the same? One could argue that not having to squash them in a smaller housing could help with the sound but you'd have to ask the engineers that.

I always thought the advantage of customs were fit, isolation and cool faceplates. I'm mostly reserved about customs because having to ship across the globe to get things tuned to the right fit would kill my pockets.

Then again if it's the same price it'll burn just the same 
tongue.gif
 only difference is the waiting time 
biggrin.gif

Completely untrue. I find EE universals to be extremely close to the custom. The only differences I find are in bass, due to better fit and seal. Unless manufacturers are monkeying around with placing drivers differently in demos, they should be able to get the sound really close. Some are better at it than others. EE gets it right. You have nothing to worry about.

I truly hope so as I really like the Hermes and Apollo is next on my list followed by either Athena or the new lineups (if I get the chance to audition them at CanJam Singapore)

MS also offered me to try out the Arthur...it is priced waaaayyy up there 
basshead.gif
 any feedback from those who has auditioned it or own a pair? Compare to the Hermes/Athena/Apollo?

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #3,492 of 40,728
  well i can not go back to universal fit anymore

i don't mean to sound vulgar, but custom fit reminds me the feeling i have during sex - that perfect, tight fit when you know what 
tongue.gif

i have bought 3 customs in 6 months , and the only thing keeping me from trying/buying more (1 each month) is shortage on funds

i am officially addicted to that tight, custom fit 
gs1000.gif

And the Athena is the 3rd or 4th? 
wink_face.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #3,493 of 40,728

Yes! All of the models listed in the above post are the ADEL variants and we'll be incorporating the technology into the rest of our lineup as well. As far as conversions go we're not sure yet but I am working on possibly having some kind of program for current owners.

I hope it's a possibility for us, universal owners, to not only upgrade to the ADEL version but also to upgrade the lineup and make it a CIEM 
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,494 of 40,728

And the Athena is the 3rd or 4th? 
wink_face.gif

3rd

1st was in april
2nd was in june
3rd is athena (bought thisweek , should arrive early  next month)

and i am very, very eager to feel them making sweet loooove to my ears 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back