Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 4, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #3,213 of 40,729
Hermes. Jade Burl and Spread Tow Carbon Fiber faceplates. Great job by Jack and staff.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #3,214 of 40,729
Bought another Mojo and I've got to say that listening to my Athenas out of this is head and shoulders above any DAP I've ever tried. Can even excuse the annoying popping sounds because the dynamics, musicality and sheer realism are so good.

Oct 4, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #3,215 of 40,729
Hermes. Jade Burl and Spread Tow Carbon Fiber faceplates. Great job by Jack and staff.

Ooooo....I envy you 
tongue.gif
 still waiting for mine...hopefully it will be ready when I travel to Singapore on the 12th. If I may, what cable do you plan to use with this set of gems?

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #3,216 of 40,729
  Ooooo....I envy you 
tongue.gif
 still waiting for mine...hopefully it will be ready when I travel to Singapore on the 12th. If I may, what cable do you plan to use with this set of gems?

Effect Audio Ares 2+. Decent price. The thicker gauge seems to add thickness to the tone. Hermes is tuned to be slightly more mid-centric so I am hoping this tonal thickness will complement vocalist tracks.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,217 of 40,729
Effect Audio Ares 2+. Decent price. The thicker gauge seems to add thickness to the tone. Hermes is tuned to be slightly more mid-centric so I am hoping this tonal thickness will complement vocalist tracks.

Nice!!! I tried it with Eros, Ares II+, PW and Plus Sound EXO Tri Metal.

I prefer the Eros and EXO but a friend of mine advised me to try it with the Thor silver. Will definitely audition it again soon.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,218 of 40,729
Nice!!! I tried it with Eros, Ares II+, PW and Plus Sound EXO Tri Metal.

I prefer the Eros and EXO but a friend of mine advised me to try it with the Thor silver. Will definitely audition it again soon.

The Eros and Thor are also now updated to version 2 and 2+

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3,220 of 40,729
Anyone tried Linum cables for Zeus?

I have. Really comfortable because you don't even notice the wire. However, they tangle like crazy and the sound is not so great. High impedance of the cable makes it so they're overly bassy and far too warm. Wipes out any treble sparkle. 

The Super BaX (whenever that comes out) should be a big improvement. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #3,221 of 40,729
  I have. Really comfortable because you don't even notice the wire. However, they tangle like crazy and the sound is not so great. High impedance of the cable makes it so they're overly bassy and far too warm. Wipes out any treble sparkle. 

The Super BaX (whenever that comes out) should be a big improvement. 

Exactly this. Just.. veiled. I don't understand why people sacrifice SQ for a little bit of comfort, especially when you're spending more than 1 G for SQ in the first place..

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,224 of 40,729
  We've been working with a master wood craftsman from Japan to see how we could improve upon our wood finishes and I think we nailed it. What do you guys think? 

(Ignore the ADEL-module-removal-ready fingernails)

Seriously, that looks absolutely stunning! Now, I'm a little jelly. My own wood faceplate doesn't quite look as good. Thankfully, green is not my color. A similar faceplate in purple/blue might be irresistible, though. 
wink.gif

Definitely! We've yet to turn down a set of molds based on anatomy so we'd be honored to handcraft your special lady a set my friend.

Thanks, Jack! That's very good to hear! My wife's been looking for an upgrade from her NT6, and of course, I pointed her in the direction of Empire Ears as one of the very few companies with a product that is truly upgrade-worthy. I will let you know if my wife does fall in love with the Zeus R. Again, thanks! 
smile.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #3,225 of 40,729
  I feel like the answer is pretty obvious but are the EE IEMs compatible with any 2-pin cables?

You shouldn't have any problems with most aftermarket 2-pin cables, I suppose. I've used my Zeus with cables from BTG, Toxic and Double Helix, and I've not encountered any fit problems so far. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back