Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 3, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #3,196 of 40,582
  well , looks like i will be joining the EE gang very soon , after some great (and very helpful) chat with @Jack Vang i am ready to buy a custom Athena

like everyone in here, i wanted to try zeus but these are still too much for my limited budget , so i decided to get the (supposedly midcentric) athena , to have something to complement my (reference sounding) NT6

zeus is probably the best ciem around atm , so maybe i need to enjoy the journey a bit more before reaching my sonic Ithaca (i am sure that Odysseus would dig all these Greek-named ciems by EE)

now i just need to settle down on what shell colors i want, visit my audiologist on Tuesday and then we can start the torturous waiting game 
biggrin.gif

again , kudos to Jack for being so helpful and courteous 
beerchug.gif

Congratulations 
beerchug.gif
 looking forward to read your impression on your units when it has arrived

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #3,202 of 40,582
  We've been working with a master wood craftsman from Japan to see how we could improve upon our wood finishes and I think we nailed it. What do you guys think? 

(Ignore the ADEL-module-removal-ready fingernails)

Lustrous and beautiful.  And the particular color you're showing is rich and classic!

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #3,203 of 40,582
I could have had auditioned with a badly sealed unit (tried it at DMA in Mong Kok, HKG) and they don't do universal MTO.

...(shortened)

AFAIK or at least according to the Crystal Sound FB page only the MK branch has EE for demo... Really hoping some universals will come in at some point

We've been working with a master wood craftsman from Japan to see how we could improve upon our wood finishes and I think we nailed it. What do you guys think?

Shiny... @w@

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,204 of 40,582

(Ignore the ADEL-module-removal-ready fingernails)

Looks like jade! That's crazy. Good to hear you guys learning from the best of individual disciplines to enhance your overall product :)

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3,205 of 40,582
  My hybrid cable fits my Athena, and is a huge sonic improvement over the stock cable.

that's good to hear , i have 2 hybrid cables (whiplash hybrid v3 and forza hybrid) so i guess they will fit my athena just fine

ps : HUGE kudos to @Jack Vang  , words can not say how much i appreciate his help on me getting a set of athena 
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #3,208 of 40,582
I love the BTG cable, but what are some other cables (affordable, realistic price) cables that truly add performance and minimize microphonics?

I use a Impact Audio SPC cable on my Spartan. You can find him on Etsy searching by that name. Lindsay is very affordable and does good work. It's at home but I'll try and snap a pick tonight and attach it here later.  
Below is a pic of the cable, snapped quickly running out the door so if anyone wants a close up or one particular part let me know. Same cable that's in my avatar. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #3,209 of 40,582
I use a Impact Audio SPC cable on my Spartan. You can find him on Etsy searching by that name. Lindsay is very affordable and does good work. It's at home but I'll try and snap a pick tonight and attach it here later.  

Please do, and how does it affect sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back