Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #2,731 of 40,577
  The only stumbling block for me not ordering immediately is the iPhone 7 that is coming out in a couple of weeks time. It's rumoured that Apple has removed the headphone jack from iPhone 7. If that is truth (we'll find out by 6pm today uk time), how can we use any current iem with the iPhone 7?

Until I get an answer soon, I wouldn't be buying at the moment as I'll use the iPhone 7 85% of the time as my main dac

http://www.head-fi.org/t/530008/the-eu-deals-thread/1215#post_12816718

I used to be like you as I did not want to be carrying more stuffs and I find so much easier to sync with iTunes. But, I once got a chance to hear an exact same song in one of the above DAP that I listen in my iPhone 6S. The exact same bitrate, compressed lossy MP3. I was surprised by how much Apple was butchering the details out of that MP3! Since it was so light and saved my iPhone's battery, I took a punt and bought it. Ironically I ran out of charge in it yesterday while in the Metro to Queens and had to listen to the iPhone for the rest of the trip and back. Oh, the horror. It was true first world torture.

I dare you to go back to your iPhone once you tried a real DAP. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #2,732 of 40,577

I rather have a high end ciem & get a quality sound out of my iPhone than buying a cheap earpiece. These days I don't have time listening to music at home like before as I've little kids running around the house. I only listen to music on the go (going to work mainly) and can't a portable dac with my iPhone and surface pro.

I know it's limited but that's the only choice I have at this moment

The L5K is extremely light, squeezes a lot out the music that you already have and if you do not like it, you can always send it back. At the price it is now, you owe it at least a trial, IMO.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,734 of 40,577
The L5K is extremely light, squeezes a lot out the music that you already have and if you do not like it, you can always send it back. At the price it is now, you owe it at least a trial, IMO.

I was going to suggest a similar thing. Why not get a player to keep your other pocket warm? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #2,735 of 40,577
  The only stumbling block for me not ordering immediately is the iPhone 7 that is coming out in a couple of weeks time. It's rumoured that Apple has removed the headphone jack from iPhone 7. If that is truth (we'll find out by 6pm today uk time), how can we use any current iem with the iPhone 7?

Until I get an answer soon, I wouldn't be buying at the moment as I'll use the iPhone 7 85% of the time as my main dac

Knowing Apple, they'll probably have an adapter. 

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2,736 of 40,577
I

I'll look into it. The price has jumped from £169 to £239

P.S: how are you awake at this time?!

Out of work at this moment. No rush to sleep as the kids have gone to bed. My quite time
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,740 of 40,577
Knowing Apple, they'll probably have an adapter. 

It's already been confirmed they have removed the jack.

Video

Edit: appears my response has already been answered :p

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #2,741 of 40,577
My gosh. I can't decide between the R and XIV. Such a leap of faith. Though it does seem from most reports that the XIV is going to have a thicker more "analog" sound which I love. I'm pairing it with Cowon P1 possible Plenue S in the future. What do you guys think? Listening to mostly jazz and pop. Anyone in the Bay Area with their UIEM version and can allow me to demo his/hers?

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #2,744 of 40,577
I waited a month after sending my ear impressions for Noble to inform me that they won't be able to make the K10 and that my ears are incompatible with the K10 and 8C. Jack put 14 drivers into mine, no questions asked. And yes, his turnaround of 2 weeks without a penny extra in 'fees', irrespective of his workload, is astonishingly impressive. 

Why don't you email Jack? I will be genuine shocked if he doesn't extend you the discount if you had tried to get in touch with him earlier during the Sale window and he was late in responding. He replied to me today to confirm that he received my Zeus. 

That's really strange about noble unless you've got tiny ears but then you can fit 14 drivers in! I think noble might be getting a bit too big for their boots. John used to reply to most enquiries quite quickly but I think it's all been left to others to do.

I'll try jack again but already sent two messages through head fi and tried contacting on Skype. I'll have to wait for him to get in c0ntact as I might have certain requests that need discussing anyway even if demo units aren't available. Thanks for your advice :)

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #2,745 of 40,577
I rather have a high end ciem & get a quality sound out of my iPhone than buying a cheap earpiece. These days I don't have time listening to music at home like before as I've little kids running around the house. I only listen to music on the go (going to work mainly) and can't a portable dac with my iPhone and surface pro.

I know it's limited but that's the only choice I have at this moment

I've decided not to change phones exactly because they've done something stupid like this by removing the headphone jack. This actually prompted me to buy the questyle dap recently and, as others say, most daps will sound miles better than an iPhone. I also don't like carrying too many things around so even my mojo is only used at home.

As for having an adapter for the headphones, if it's like any other Apple cable it'll probably break quite quickly with the amount of use it gets and will probably cost £($)25 each time. If I wasn't so invested in Apple app and music wise I would have switched to android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back