Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #2,718 of 40,577
  I was in UK for the whole process as well. Done everything via email and plenty of real life pics. Jack was EXTREMELY patient through out the whole process and accommodated me to no end. 

What courier did you use to send your ear impressions to EE?

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #2,719 of 40,577
Check out http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk

RM was charging around 10-11 quid, and takes a week. The quotes on TGE isn't much more. 

Where did you get the impressions done? Have you send the pics to Jack yet to see if it is acceptable?

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,720 of 40,577
  Check out http://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk

RM was charging around 10-11 quid, and takes a week. The quotes on TGE isn't much more. 

Where did you get the impressions done? Have you send the pics to Jack yet to see if it is acceptable?

I'm planning to go to Gisele Aid2hearing house/office tomorrow to take my impressions. Then after, I'll email the pics to Jack for approval before shipping it off as you suggested. Did Aid2hearing take your impressions? If not, who?

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,721 of 40,577
Check my profile pic for my limited edition wooden faceplates. You have my permission to drool and fall in love with them. :)

Did you buy blind? I.e without an actual demo. Still waiting to see if it's possible to get a demo from ee before committing. Not the end of the world if not as I've never demoed previous purchases but just waiting for confirmation either way.

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #2,722 of 40,577
I'm planning to go to Gisele Aid2hearing house/office tomorrow to take my impressions. Then after, I'll email the pics to Jack for approval before shipping it off as you suggested. Did Aid2hearing take your impressions? If not, who?

Gisele is really good! Got my noble impressions done by her and they fit perfectly. Obviously this is partly down to noble but they have to have a good base to work from first

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,723 of 40,577
Gisele is amazing. You are going to have a fabulous time. I wanted to get it done with her, but I am in Lancashire and Cosmic Ears is around the corner. Their audiologist is good and I can send you details, if you were interested. But as you are in London, Aid2hearing is your best bet and Gisele might be able to help you go through customisation options as she has Noble under her belt.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2,724 of 40,577
I'm completely new to IEMs and EE's customization page is so overwhelming, I want like 10 pairs with different colour schemes and custom face plates. :| I want both sides to match, then on the other hand I want two completely different ones, and then I want translucent body, then I want opaque black.

God damnit.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,725 of 40,577
Did you buy blind? I.e without an actual demo. Still waiting to see if it's possible to get a demo from ee before committing. Not the end of the world if not as I've never demoed previous purchases but just waiting for confirmation either way.

I met up with FlickeNic in Amsterdam and sat describing all the types on IEMs I had been through and what the best sound for me was. He is a very lovely chap and quite knowledgable and broke down my tastes and suggested the Zeus. I trusted his judgement and even if I was wrong, C'est Le Vie. That is how the CIEM world is, isn't it?

I wanted to demo a Universal Zeus first, but unfortunately I don't get along well with Universals at all and I got really lucky with the Zeus. Until this, I was convinced that the more drivers is a gimmick (and to an extend I still do). But I am so chuffed with the Zeus that I now cannot make as strong an argument against it. 

It is an eye wateringly expensive purchase. Why don't you contact Jack and see if you can get a demo of the Universal before you commit?

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,726 of 40,577
I met up with FlickeNic in Amsterdam and sat describing all the types on IEMs I had been through and what the best sound for me was. He is a very lovely chap and quite knowledgable and broke down my tastes and suggested the Zeus. I trusted his judgement and even if I was wrong, C'est Le Vie. That is how the CIEM world is, isn't it?

I wanted to demo a Universal Zeus first, but unfortunately I don't get along well with Universals at all and I got really lucky with the Zeus. Until this, I was convinced that the more drivers is a gimmick (and to an extend I still do). But I am so chuffed with the Zeus that I now cannot make as strong an argument against it. 

It is an eye wateringly expensive purchase. Why don't you contact Jack and see if you can get a demo of the Universal before you commit?

Been trying but still waiting for a reply. Missed the bank holiday sale so no hurry now. Might just bite the bullet anyway. Intrigued to see how different they are to k10's so maybe another quick trip to Gisele. The turnaround time quoted you ee is quite impressive considering I had to wait over a month for the nobles

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2,727 of 40,577
The only stumbling block for me not ordering immediately is the iPhone 7 that is coming out in a couple of weeks time. It's rumoured that Apple has removed the headphone jack from iPhone 7. If that is truth (we'll find out by 6pm today uk time), how can we use any current iem with the iPhone 7?

Until I get an answer soon, I wouldn't be buying at the moment as I'll use the iPhone 7 85% of the time as my main dac

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #2,728 of 40,577
  The only stumbling block for me not ordering immediately is the iPhone 7 that is coming out in a couple of weeks time. It's rumoured that Apple has removed the headphone jack from iPhone 7. If that is truth (we'll find out by 6pm today uk time), how can we use any current iem with the iPhone 7?

Until I get an answer soon, I wouldn't be buying at the moment as I'll use the iPhone 7 85% of the time as my main dac

You'll basically be limited to anything that's really audiophile grade except maybe products from Audeze for a while. They should still be able to connect to an external dac and amp though like the Mojo. Of course that comes at the price of bulkiness.

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #2,729 of 40,577
Been trying but still waiting for a reply. Missed the bank holiday sale so no hurry now. Might just bite the bullet anyway. Intrigued to see how different they are to k10's so maybe another quick trip to Gisele. The turnaround time quoted you ee is quite impressive considering I had to wait over a month for the nobles

I waited a month after sending my ear impressions for Noble to inform me that they won't be able to make the K10 and that my ears are incompatible with the K10 and 8C. Jack put 14 drivers into mine, no questions asked. And yes, his turnaround of 2 weeks without a penny extra in 'fees', irrespective of his workload, is astonishingly impressive. 

Why don't you email Jack? I will be genuine shocked if he doesn't extend you the discount if you had tried to get in touch with him earlier during the Sale window and he was late in responding. He replied to me today to confirm that he received my Zeus. 

Sep 6, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,730 of 40,577

You'll basically be limited to anything that's really audiophile grade except maybe products from Audeze for a while. They should still be able to connect to an external dac and amp though like the Mojo. Of course that comes at the price of bulkiness.

I rather have a high end ciem & get a quality sound out of my iPhone than buying a cheap earpiece. These days I don't have time listening to music at home like before as I've little kids running around the house. I only listen to music on the go (going to work mainly) and can't a portable dac with my iPhone and surface pro.

I know it's limited but that's the only choice I have at this moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back