Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #692 of 40,587
  Been using this adjustment for past 3 days:  
400 Hz     +0
1K Hz       -1
2.5K Hz    -1
6K Hz      +5
16K Hz    +7

Clear Bass +2

Still gives an open airy sense, but never harsh. No fatigued ears over 5h session. Had a great night's sleep with a playlist from Taffy's latest shared free flacs: Pilars in the Sky discography + Harm Less album + ending the playlist with Inward Oceans and the gentle piano to wake me up pleasantly.

Interesting! Could you translate "Clear Bass" to an EQ frequency please?

Edit: Could you post a pic of your EQ curve? For example, is it linear between 6 and 16 KHz, or does it drop back down to 0 in between? What about 2.5 KHz to 6 KHz?

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #693 of 40,587
Jack, Cotnijoe, which wooden material is that one? Has a beautiful grain to it. Is it the same as one of Zzmadzz's ?

Quote:

Interesting! Could you translate "Clear Bass" to an EQ frequency please?

Edit: Could you post a pic of your EQ curve? For example, is it linear between 6 and 16 KHz, or does it drop back down to 0 in between? What about 2.5 KHz to 6 KHz?

I'll take a a screenshot of it first thing in the morning. Sadly the interface of the ZX2 is very poor in that regards. There's no curve graph. Just those bands and the super sensitive to the touch sliders. There's not even a way to lock the settings. The moment I try to touch a slider to see its value it can slide up or down and mess it up.

I'll try to think of a way. Maybe find a sound file that has a sweeping tone remaining at the same volume and play it through one app that has a spectrum graph. Would the applied EQ then show the rises and dips? Maybe someone else can help here.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #694 of 40,587
  Those look SEXY!!!

ehhh... I mean.... they're alright...

Jack, Cotnijoe, which wooden material is that one? Has a beautiful grain to it. Is it the same as one of Zzmadzz's ?

I have no clue. I told Jack to go ham with the limitations of - No glitter, no pink, and no unicorns.

Jack delivered. Clearly.

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #695 of 40,587

I have no clue. I told Jack to go ham with the limitations of - No glitter, no pink, and no unicorns.

Jack delivered. Clearly.

Clearly!  Congratulations!

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #696 of 40,587
It looks awesome, the wooden faceplate with the blue body remind me of Earth & Water.

First batch of BF shipments went out last week so that means people should be getting theirs some time during this week, right? Hoping we get to see more pics and first impressions!

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #697 of 40,587
The Zeus is in the house! They're absolutely stunning and the fit is fantastic!

I'm leaving the country tomorrow for Asia for a month, and Jack was very understanding in making sure these arrive on time!

If you look in the last picture, you'll see that my right ear is recessed while the left ear is actually not (well a tiny bit recessed). Guess my left ear is just so small that only so much could be done haha!

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #698 of 40,587
Very nice indeed especially the wood faceplate. Jack is definitely awesome
darthsmile.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #700 of 40,587

I'm leaving the country tomorrow for Asia for a month, and Jack was very understanding in making sure these arrive on time!

If you look in the last picture, you'll see that my right ear is recessed while the left ear is actually not (well a tiny bit recessed). Guess my left ear is just so small that only so much could be done haha!

Looking good!!! How's the sound!!! Hahaha.

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #701 of 40,587

Congratulations, bro! Enjoy your Zeus, and uhm.. welcome to Asia? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #702 of 40,587
Question for the empire vets out there. Which of the current sets would you say is the "bassiest" pair they make? It seems none are as monstrous as the omega, but which would be the closest?

I've heard the Zeus, Apollo, Hermes, Legend R, and the Legend Omega, and the one that I'd say fits a basshead pretty well is the latter. The punch and texture on the Omega is quite astounding, especially for a BA-based IEM.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #703 of 40,587
These look incredible. Jack is putting out some incredible designs!

Jack, can we see more of your "Jupiter" CIEMs? Those have to be the most stunning CIEM design I've ever seen!

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #705 of 40,587
  Zeus has arrived and is magnificent. 

Wow!! Looks Awesome!! Hows the sound to you? Guess you will enjoy it as much as i did! Can't wait to read your review too!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back