Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 23, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #14,941 of 40,560
I have received my custom LX yesterday, they sound amazing even with my Iphone, but I have noticed that there are some songs from my streaming library are not loud, and I am looking for the best portable combo for my Iphone ( portable Amp/ Dac) I have mojo which is good but I am greedy to have something more smaller and easy to use with a good sound signature, for jogging or on the go. Any recommendations?

The Shanling M0 is getting some very good reviews with IEMs. Great small form factor that would be excellent for exercise. Can't speak to specific pairing with LX though.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #14,942 of 40,560
I have received my custom LX yesterday, they sound amazing even with my Iphone, but I have noticed that there are some songs from my streaming library are not loud, and I am looking for the best portable combo for my Iphone ( portable Amp/ Dac) I have mojo which is good but I am greedy to have something more smaller and easy to use with a good sound signature, for jogging or on the go. Any recommendations?
Check out the Cozoy REI.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #14,945 of 40,560
thank you for reply, how about audioquest red dragon?

Not a thing.

Dragonfly Red is. :wink:

The Dragondly is great, sound-wise. But they don't have their own battery, so they draw a lot of power from your phone, which diminishes its battery life by quite a bit.

I recommend the Shanling M0. You can stream wirelessly from your phone right to the device, or just play off the M0 SD card.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #14,946 of 40,560
Not a thing.

Dragonfly Red is. :wink:

The Dragondly's a great sound-wise. But they don't have their own battery, so they draw a lot of power from your phone, which diminishes its battery life by quite a bit.

I recommend the Shanling M0. You can stream from your phone right to the device, or just play off the M0 SD card.

Thank you Pinky, and how do you compare it to Cozoy REI?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #14,947 of 40,560
It does pull power from your phone (or whatever other source you are using) since it does not have an internal battery, but how much this impacts your phone battery I have found depends on the device. On my older iPhone 7 Plus, the battery impact was not very noticeable. On my iPhone X, I definitely notice a reduction in battery capacity when listening through the REI vs something like a Mojo that has its own battery.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #14,948 of 40,560
I don't have experience with the Cozoy, sorry.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #14,949 of 40,560
It does pull power from your phone (or whatever other source you are using) since it does not have an internal battery, but how much this impacts your phone battery I have found depends on the device. On my older iPhone 7 Plus, the battery impact was not very noticeable. On my iPhone X, I definitely notice a reduction in battery capacity when listening through the REI vs something like a Mojo that has its own battery.
cool, does the Rei has a better sound signature comparing to Mojo? honestly I don't like mojo alot :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #14,950 of 40,560
Thank you Pinky, and how do you compare it to Cozoy REI?
I had both the dragonfly red (recently sold) and the REI and much preferred the REI, both in terms of sound quality and portability (REI is thinner and does not require the use of a Apple camera connection kit...dragonflynis really designed for use with a laptop, not a phone).

The Mojo sounds better than the REI (more power, better instrument separation, perhaps a slight resolution edge), but it is close enough that I generally use the REI when on the go. The REI has a very musical, fun signature with no fatiguing highs and a touch of warmth similar to the mojo. There’s a cozoy REI thread in the portable source gear forum where I and others have previously written up more detailed impressions. There are also a few reviews elsewhere online.

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #14,951 of 40,560
I had both the dragonfly red (recently sold) and the REI and much preferred the REI, both in terms of sound quality and portability (REI is thinner and does not require the use of a Apple camera connection kit...dragonflynis really designed for use with a laptop, not a phone).

The Mojo sounds better than the REI (more power, better instrument separation, perhaps a slight resolution edge), but it is close enough that I generally use the REI when on the go. The REI has a very musical, fun signature with no fatiguing highs and a touch of warmth similar to the mojo. There’s a cozoy REI thread in the portable source gear forum where I and others have previously written up more detailed impressions. There are also a few reviews elsewhere online.
thank you, sounds interesting. Can you please share the link, so I can read more about it?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #14,952 of 40,560
Jul 23, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #14,954 of 40,560
Any thoughts on how the 1960 2wire pairs with both the legend and phantoms?

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #14,955 of 40,560
Colors how have you found the ESR's compared with the Spartans? I've been considering the Phantoms but am concerned they'll be too warm for my taste, and the Zeus are terribly expensive.
Tbh, if u wanna upgrade, please consider the 64 audio a6t. Is more of an upgrade to the Spartan than the esr which I found brighter than natural

Users who are viewing this thread

Back