Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 22, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #14,896 of 40,613
Try e-mailing them (or @Devon Higgins) and ask whether or not you'd be able to order a universal with custom cosmetic options.

I wouldn't bet on it being possible. I tried asking Ethan a while back and he said they don't do it.

It makes sense because it costs more to make customs but they don't lose out on future sales because the unit won't enter the secondaey market.

However, let us know if you are successful so I can get custom universal Bravados for my wife in pink.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #14,897 of 40,613
I am looking into the Empire Ears Hermes VI - they have a good discount on it as a clearance item on their website. This would represent a solid upgrade on the UM PRO 50s I currently have. I listen to all genres of music, and prefer a neutral/slightly musical signature. I'm of the understanding the de facto cable for the Empire Ears Hermes VI would be a standard 3.5mm stereo connection. I am happy to work with this initially, but would ultimately look to upgrade to a balanced cable. Esp considering the benefits of doing so with the HIby R6 - which has tangible benefits when using a balanced cable. If anyone has experience of the Empire Ears Hermes VI with a balanced cable, I'd be interested to know.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #14,898 of 40,613
Just left CanJam London .. I tried Lx, Phantom, and bravado . LX is absolutely fantastic but it’s out of my budget for now, so I went for bravado which sounded really good with my Dx200. Had my impression done by Dean for free and Jack offered 10% off and free shipping. £478 for a custom bravado is affordable to me . Jack was very nice to me as well .

I did the same - Heard them on the 1st day. Returned home, thought about them, compared their price with the prices of the Audio 64 tia Trio, Fourte and 18 offered during the event, thought whether I needed them I already had bought Noble Kaiser 10, Sony ex-1000 and Shure se846 in the last few months. The mind said no, no need to spend so much money again. Went again on the 2nd day, this time I compared them with my Noble K10 at the Empire Ears stall. Very quickly I realised that there was a considerable gap between the Legend X and the K10. Pulled the trigger ultimately and order custom Legend X.

Thanks to Dean and Jack, they both were very welcoming and helpful, unlike the rep of the other company that i've mentioned above (perhaps they thought that I couldn't buy expensive IEMs?)

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #14,899 of 40,613
The more I listen to Legend X, the more enthralled by it I become. The bass is the best I've ever heard in an IEM... bestial, and orgasmic. The vocals are liquid and romantic. The treble is like the sweetest honey pouring into my ear. LX is flat-out my favorite IEM to date. It's pure sex.

Jul 22, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #14,900 of 40,613
The more I listen to Legend X, the more enthralled by it I become. The bass is the best I've ever heard in an IEM... bestial, and orgasmic. The vocals are liquid and romantic. The treble is like the sweetest honey pouring into my ear. LX is flat-out my favorite IEM to date. It's pure sex.

How orgasmic is that bass. I am trying to understand how strong is it. Does it slam hard and can get tyering like the focal clear? Or the se846 is hard a little to. Does it sound louder then other frequencies?

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #14,901 of 40,613

I’m about to get my first Empire Ears ever. Universal Legend X, I can’t wait for the CIEM, will it sound sound almost or just as good?

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #14,902 of 40,613
I’m about to get my first Empire Ears ever. Universal Legend X, I can’t wait for the CIEM, will it sound sound almost or just as good?

If the universal shells fit well, and you find tips that make a good seal, it should sound close enough to blow you away. :)

How orgasmic is that bass. I am trying to understand how strong is it. Does it slam hard and can get tyering like the focal clear? Or the se846 is hard a little to. Does it sound louder then other frequencies?

Bass does slam hard, and is elevated over the other frequencies. These are not neutral IEMs.

See my review for more info.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #14,903 of 40,613
O
If the universal shells fit well, and you find tips that make a good seal, it should sound close enough to blow you away. :)

Bass does slam hard, and is elevated over the other frequencies. These are not neutral IEMs.

See my review for more info.

Thanks that what I was worring about. I guess in that situation phantom is probably my way to go.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #14,904 of 40,613
O

Thanks that what I was worring about. I guess in that situation phantom is probably my way to go.

I do not think Pinky would be stoked if potent bass was anywhere except where it was meant to be so. The mids being compromised is not something he or I would consider an acceptable compromise. They are fine. They are out ******** standing actually.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #14,905 of 40,613
These are not neutral IEMs.

That's for sure. I lasted about a minute with them. I had the Phantom for a month before I moved it on. If you want a relatively neutral iem, try the Zeus XR or the UERM/UERR.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #14,906 of 40,613

That's for sure. I lasted about a minute with them. I had the Phantom for a month before I moved it on. If you want a relatively neutral iem, try the Zeus XR or the UERM/UERR.

No i dont whant neutral or analytical sound.

I want warm fun well balances and thick sound. I do love bass but not when it slams all the time. My shure se846 i concider them bassy.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #14,907 of 40,613

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #14,908 of 40,613
I do not think Pinky would be stoked if potent bass was anywhere except where it was meant to be so. The mids being compromised is not something he or I would consider an acceptable compromise. They are fine. They are out ******** standing actually.

Boy I which I could hear one and have a 100% go.
According to your review on youtube they seems to be perfectly balanced and when bass is present as much it has to be slam or easy its the song who decides it.
I just got tyerd searching seriously its so hard to find that perfect match boy getting exasperated seriously. If that continues gona have to take vacations from music lol.

Jul 22, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #14,909 of 40,613
Boy I which I could hear one and have a 100% go.
According to your review on youtube they seems to be perfectly balanced and when bass is present as much it has to be slam or easy its the song who decides it.
I just got tyerd searching seriously its so hard to find that perfect match boy getting exasperated seriously. If that continues gona have to take vacations from music lol.

Bassy IEM tend to not be very fun when listening to Led Zep, and Pink Floyd or Violent femmes. Male vocals get smothered by the bass. I am enjoying my library of 70's Classic rock and the like more than ever

Jul 22, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #14,910 of 40,613
Bassy IEM tend to not be very fun when listening to Led Zep, and Pink Floyd or Violent femmes. Male vocals get smothered by the bass. I am enjoying my library of 70's Classic rock and the like more than ever

For me its spotify with edm playlists. Wouldnt that be an overkill legend x i still believe it will sound superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back