Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 18, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #11,851 of 40,595
Ha! I need some good comparisons. The biggest downside of the Forte is lack of midbass to me. Does the Legend X feel at all as open and spacious?

Legend has more mid-bass. More bass in general. Fourté has the bigger, more holographic stage. But not by too much.

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #11,854 of 40,595
Going into the third week of waiting for my Phantoms, ended up reading a lot of the Legend X impressions here. I still remember the sheer size of the Vega bass from the short time I’ve owned them, and the only problem I had with them is they seemed to have a treble peak that got a bit too sparkly for me and over-shadowed (recessed?) lower mids. Sounds like the Legend X does away with those on top of having a more detailed bass? Stage and imaging sounds about the same?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #11,855 of 40,595
@Jack Vang , besides Canjam London are there gonna be any other EE visits this year ?

also do you guys have in mind any plans for a European distributor/store selling your products ?

a Europe dealer would be a blessing - with the high customs charges and the big delays in examining the packages (outside EU) at the Greek customs offices (hearing stories about people waiting 2-3 months here, before their package has gone through custom controls) i am afraid to spend that kind of money

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #11,856 of 40,595
Going into the third week of waiting for my Phantoms, ended up reading a lot of the Legend X impressions here. I still remember the sheer size of the Vega bass from the short time I’ve owned them, and the only problem I had with them is they seemed to have a treble peak that got a bit too sparkly for me and over-shadowed (recessed?) lower mids. Sounds like the Legend X does away with those on top of having a more detailed bass? Stage and imaging sounds about the same?

I covered comparison of Legend X to Vega, Fourte , and a number of other iems here: https://twister6.com/2018/02/07/empire-ears-legend-x/2/

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #11,859 of 40,595
@Jack Vang , besides Canjam London are there gonna be any other EE visits this year ?
also do you guys have in mind any plans for a European distributor/store selling your products ?
a Europe dealer would be a blessing - with the high customs charges and the big delays in examining the packages at the custom offices (hearing stories about people waiting 2-3 months before their package has gone through custom controls) i am afraid to spend that kind of money

Don’t scare me... I hope my Phantom reach me without customs issues... what happens if your CIEM is stuck for months and doesn’t fit? You’d be out of the 30 days...

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #11,860 of 40,595
Don’t scare me... I hope my Phantom reach me without customs issues... what happens if your CIEM is stuck for months and doesn’t fit? You’d be out of the 30 days...
I bet EE would be more than willing to work with you if that were to happen.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #11,861 of 40,595
Just wanted to say that I've recently received two ciem from EE and have had zero issues with customs. I think it might be more country specific than EE specific perhaps. I don't see why customs would hold a pair of ciem for months unless it's incorrectly declared or something.. As I said zero issue with EE, shipping done via FedEx. I live in Sweden.

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #11,862 of 40,595

don't worrt

it's strictly a Greek customs thing :construction_worker:

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #11,863 of 40,595
don't worrt
it's strictly a Greek customs thing :construction_worker:

It happened to me a couple of times to get 2/3 weeks delay but not that often... sorry for you guys, maybe use a proxy?

I bet EE would be more than willing to work with you if that were to happen.

Yeah no doubt, just envisioning worst case scenarios (professional hazard :p)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back