Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #11,701 of 40,560
Guys, i tried out my UE attenuator + 8wire Janus + Phantom.
The attenuator makes the phantom darker but janus balances it out while adding in speed.
Amazing. Completely zero hiss, absolutely black background. So black that I can hear the track's hiss (16bit/44.1khz).
Eric got poisoned too :p

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #11,702 of 40,560
Hi everyone. I’m wondering is someone can point me in the right direction. I have like I said the Apollo x and personal I can not stand memory wire. And although the BTG cable that came with these is a very nice cable , for on the go it is very annoying to use. I can’t seem to get the cable to straighten out and as I’ve mentioned can’t stand memory wire. I love the cable that came with my Fostex TE100. It has to be one of the best cables out there IMO from sound to being very comfy. Mostly being comfortable. I would just use the TE100 cable being a two pin like the EE’s are but unfortunately it is prioritary. So I’m looking for a SPC cable with no memory wire. If anyone can recommend one that would be great!! Thanks

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #11,706 of 40,560
hey guys any comparisons with the Legend X and the KSE1500??
The KSE1500 doesn't have the same level of bass as the X, but I would say it's more balanced, I personally think is unbeatable in term of resolution and details.
I honestly see the KSE1550 closer to the Panthom than the Legend.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #11,707 of 40,560
No news regarding the new website? I'm dying to see all the new design combinations!!!

We didn't take into account the migration/transition period between the current and new website :sweat:. It's expected to be up by Thursday/Friday HOPEFULLY. I apologize sincerely for any inconveniences.

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #11,709 of 40,560
I will miss some of the old customisation options but the new ones definitely look dope. Are the sig series a print?

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #11,710 of 40,560
Bravado has landed in my ears.
Enjoying the visceral bass with legends by welshley arms. The opening bass line slams hard

Glad you're enjoying the Bravado's - how do they compare to the Spartan?

I was thinking about getting the Bravado's to try out the new EE hybrid line-up and didn't want to spend a fortune at the moment and these seem like great value compared to the more expensive models! @Deezel177 brief write up over on theheadphonelist also got me interested.....can't wait to see some more impressions on these :ksc75smile:

Mar 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #11,712 of 40,560
Wow, what a set up they have at EE. BLOWN away! Got a pair of Bravado's for the wife. I got to hear them adn they aren't even broken in yet. They are the best value I've heard in the higher end of the IEM world. I put money where the mouth is! She will love these. Can listen to them all day long. PLENTY of bass, but as they break in, the bass will tighten up even more. Teh mids were really fun to listen to and the highs had plenty of sparkle. Nice soundstage too. Listen, I have Phantom CIEM's that will be ready in a day or so. That's personally MY sound, ,but I love other stuff too. I'd run around with Bravado's all day long. They are fun. I doubt there is any type of music that they won't make sound good. What I appreciate about them is that I played a rock tune that is tipped up high and harsh on top. Teh Bravado tamed them just enough where I was really able to enjoy the heck out of the song. Then when I played an audiophile recording, Sheffield records Drum and Track record, I loved what I heard. Ron Tutt's drum improvisation was a blast. You could hear the drum shells. It's hard to explain, but it sounded really great. WAs it the best I've heard it? Not close, lol. I have a very high end system and thats' not what Bravado is about.

I think it will become a best seller. Those black cases they are using are VERY DEEP. Like looking into water to my untrained eye, lol. I was using the Final tips, which I've come to love.

My CIEM Phantom's are Translucent Royal Blue with the printed circuit board face and the mini wings.

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #11,714 of 40,560
Glad you're enjoying the Bravado's - how do they compare to the Spartan?

I was thinking about getting the Bravado's to try out the new EE hybrid line-up and didn't want to spend a fortune at the moment and these seem like great value compared to the more expensive models! @Deezel177 brief write up over on theheadphonelist also got me interested.....can't wait to see some more impressions on these :ksc75smile:
They can't really be compared to the Spartans, totally different sound signature. Bravado is u shaped but the vocals are so tonally correct, no thinness anywhere, smoothther treble. But yes, dat bass is killer for the price. Overall technical performance is pretty outstanding at the price.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #11,715 of 40,560
They can't really be compared to the Spartans, totally different sound signature. Bravado is u shaped but the vocals are so tonally correct, no thinness anywhere, smoothther treble. But yes, dat bass is killer for the price. Overall technical performance is pretty outstanding at the price.
I agree and can't wait to see mine in the flesh! I was really impressed with what I heard from the UIEM so really looking forward to the customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back