Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 6, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #7,052 of 40,611
This week I have ditched the AK380amp and I am just running the Zeus XRA (G1) on the X setting with PW Audio 1960's 2 wire (balanced) out of the AK380 alone. IT sounds great. No hiss, super portable, really full sound, lots of detail and imaging, fantastic vocals, very visceral, but this setup is just so smooth without any fatigue.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #7,053 of 40,611
This week I have ditched the AK380amp and I am just running the Zeus XRA (G1) on the X setting with PW Audio 1960's 2 wire (balanced) out of the AK380 alone. IT sounds great. No hiss, super portable, really full sound, lots of detail and imaging, fantastic vocals, very visceral, but this setup is just so smooth without any fatigue.

Endgame

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #7,056 of 40,611

My sad sad empty box.... I miss my XR so much..

frown.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #7,057 of 40,611
Well... I guess not for long! Gettign an Zeus XIV! My favorite revision of Zeus. Love the mids and details and resolution, it has it all

Actually now an XR... Things are Gettign exiting

yea I was going to say you should go XR, you get both signatures and you probably will be able to notice the difference between the two better due to the full seal and different tuning.  I'll be joining you in the elite XR club very soon. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #7,058 of 40,611
To my ears (which are not super sensitive) the difference between X and R on the Adel is obvious. I struggle to hear differences between MAM settings, so my ears are not the most sensitive.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #7,059 of 40,611
To my ears (which are not super sensitive) the difference between X and R on the Adel is obvious. I struggle to hear differences between MAM settings, so my ears are not the most sensitive.

Not bragging or anything but I can tell the slightest difference in ADEL MAM settings.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #7,060 of 40,611

Not bragging or anything but I can tell the slightest difference in ADEL MAM settings.

Fair enough. My point wasn't how great your hearing is but how obvious the XR with ADEL is to discern (as the OP had some trouble hearing it, makes me think maybe he had a faulty IEM).

Cheers brah!

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #7,061 of 40,611
I think you have to get used to the MAM to notice the little changes, as you tune them. It's more obvious to tell the difference when the IEMs have plenty of bass, because bass quantity is the easiest to notice. But once you get to play with the MAM long enough, you start noticing other changes. The one thing that confuses me is all the flopping people hear. I've never heard it, but do notice other things such as outside air pressure (i notice it when the AC or Heat kicks in). But I guess everyone's ears are different. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #7,062 of 40,611

Fair enough. My point wasn't how great your hearing is but how obvious the XR with ADEL is to discern (as the OP had some trouble hearing it, makes me think maybe he had a faulty IEM).

Cheers brah!

I'm pissed you got an XR before me. 
angry_face.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #7,063 of 40,611
  I think you have to get used to the MAM to notice the little changes, as you tune them. It's more obvious to tell the difference when the IEMs have plenty of bass, because bass quantity is the easiest to notice. But once you get to play with the MAM long enough, you start noticing other changes. The one thing that confuses me is all the flopping people hear. I've never hear it, but do notice other things such as outside air pressure (i notice it when the AC or Heat kicks in). But I guess everyone's ears are different. 

Right.  Try to set your MAMs to the exact middle setting (measure the turns for each left and right module as they may be different) and then tilt your head left and right back and forth.  you should hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back