Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 22, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #6,946 of 40,582
Any agreement on which EE Adel IEM is great for extreme metal? Currently I am using 64 Audio stuff which I really like, but I have been wanting to try EE out with Adel (addicted to the Adel). Price doesn't need to be a concern, maybe top 2 or 3 models that do well.

Zeus or Athena. That's kinda the only genre I listen to...

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #6,947 of 40,582
I'll do some ear impressions for my Zeus, any advice ? Do I need to send picture of it to @Jack Vang for confirmation that everything is ok ? 
Any French here that has a recomandation about a good audiologist in Paris ? 

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #6,948 of 40,582
  I'll do some ear impressions for my Zeus, any advice ? Do I need to send picture of it to @Jack Vang for confirmation that everything is ok ? 

There are some specifics required. Here's a link to the EE ear impression guidelines:

http://www.empireears.com/ear-impressions/

You can definitely PM some photos of the impression to Jack if you're unsure if it meets the criteria. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #6,949 of 40,582
I'll do some ear impressions for my Zeus, any advice ? Do I need to send picture of it to @Jack Vang
 for confirmation that everything is ok ? 

Make sure they get past the second bend, capture the entire outer ear including crevices and use the correct viscosity material. Assume a natural listening position and do not move. I used a block last time and got a perfect fit

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #6,951 of 40,582

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #6,952 of 40,582
Got rid of my Adel XRA, very happy I got rid of them and I don't miss them at all. What I do miss is the XR and its awesome details and resolution. I'm so exited of the current prototypes and what may come of them in the coming months.
. Can't wait to read more impressions and pull the trigger myself

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #6,953 of 40,582
  Zeus or Athena. That's kinda the only genre I listen to...

Zeus is awesome for metal, but tbh I have not found a genre I do not like with the Zeus XRA.

Just to even the playing field here I want to state that I am still loving my Zeus XRA.

I love having the switch. Been listening alot on the X but the last day or so I have gone to the R. The R gives an awesome sense of realism, this morning I have bit having a blast from the past to my youth and listening to early Chilli Peppers, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains on the R - awesome sense of realism, space and detail. so satisfying.

Yesterday I was switching back and forth on the R and X and really enjoying both listening to some hip hop - Stormsy's new album and Rae Sremmurd's also.

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #6,954 of 40,582
The only genre worth listening to (imo) :wink:

fixed

putting this 3 magic letters , excuses you from being young and musically short-minded 
wink.gif

[ oh to be young and so certain yet so oblivious - i almost envy you my friend 
tongue.gif
 ]

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #6,959 of 40,582
  Hi all!  I'm new to the forum and to portable audio.  How/where does a newbie living in the DC area go to demo some of the EE iems?

Thanks,

Andrew

I'm in the D.C. area, too, but my EEs (Zeus XRA and Apollo) are both custom builds. Good luck.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #6,960 of 40,582
Got rid of my Adel XRA, very happy I got rid of them and I don't miss them at all. What I do miss is the XR and its awesome details and resolution. I'm so exited of the current prototypes and what may come of them in the coming months.
. Can't wait to read more impressions and pull the trigger myself

I don't think you'll be disappointed - those prototypes really sound great. I don't think I've met anyone (who was at CanJam Singapore) who didn't like the prototypes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back