Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 6, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #39,181 of 40,826
Got a message from my dealer 😭
Guess I'll have to wait a little longer and no definite delivery date 🤪
I hope mid or at least end of October 🥲

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-125043_WhatsApp_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-125043_WhatsApp_1.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 6, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #39,182 of 40,826
The cable was indeed super tight, but after one swap (stock to other pwaudio cable then back) the pins were already moving a bit easier. The first few swaps though, the wiggle technique is a necessity, not a suggestion. Temporary inconvenience and much preferred to the other end of the spectrum; my Jewel which is too loose

Got a message from my dealer 😭
Guess I'll have to wait a little longer and no definite delivery date 🤪
I hope mid or at least end of October 🥲

I have iem with mmcx, 2 pin, ipx/T2 and prefer the ipx connector. Hope Empire get on top of this as the new iem was a CanJam highlight for me also ☺️

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #39,183 of 40,826
Ok, recall and reshelling it is. This is what I had hoped and asked for. Thanks EE!

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #39,184 of 40,826
Wow. If this is true, how dissappointing and frustrating this entire thing has been so far. EE's communication has been slow to nonexistent. So we're back to no known release date for the foreseeable future. A question now is, are they holding back the entire release now until they have a large "first" batch to send out? Or are they gonna reshell and send out new units immediately as they finish them?

Man, this could take months if they have to go through a process of retuning the IEM due to the shell spec changing.

Hard to believe they could go through this whole design and build process without noticing a problem that's so bad that all units have to be rebuilt, but it only took basically day one of delivery to the first customers for the customer to discover it.

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #39,185 of 40,826
Wow. If this is true, how dissappointing and frustrating this entire thing has been so far. EE's communication has been slow to nonexistent. So we're back to no known release date for the foreseeable future. A question now is, are they holding back the entire release now until they have a large "first" batch to send out? Or are they gonna reshell and send out new units immediately as they finish them?

Man, this could take months if they have to go through a process of retuning the IEM due to the shell spec changing.

Hard to believe they could go through this whole design and build process without noticing a problem that's so bad that all units have to be rebuilt, but it only took basically day one of delivery to the first customers for the customer to discover it.

If they do thicker resin it will probably impact stage and bass. Just guessing here.. how about titanium?

Oct 6, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #39,186 of 40,826
Wow. If this is true, how dissappointing and frustrating this entire thing has been so far. EE's communication has been slow to nonexistent.
While I understand why the few responses we got were slightly soulless corporate PR mumbo jumbo in tone, I wish we got a more personal response. It's head-fi after all, not a class action hearing :)

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #39,187 of 40,826

That’s just the thing.. I don’t think the problem was that widespread, just from what I’ve seen. I believe this is simply a preemptive measure as I assumed would be the case.

The 4 unaltered, normal units from the same batch as failures survived canjam no problem. Probably a harder problem to diagnose or replicate individually, so they just said screw it. Remake them again and go from there. Only a guess. Sucks because it undoubtedly tacks on time but the outcome probably outweighs frustration from delays. That being said, hopefully some additional hours are put in to shorten the delay as much as possible. I needs mine!

Oct 6, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #39,189 of 40,826
I'm almost sure that they are not going to modify anything about the iem, nor do I think it is necessary, the only thing I understand that they are going to do is roll the cable a couple of times so that the female connector is a little smoother and less tight.

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #39,190 of 40,826
I'm almost sure that they are not going to modify anything about the iem, nor do I think it is necessary, the only thing I understand that they are going to do is roll the cable a couple of times so that the female connector is a little smoother and less tight.
They are doing whole new shell. It might be same outside dimensions. thickness or material used will be different

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #39,192 of 40,826
My Raven story.

I’ve been on the road for several weeks, and my Ravens have been sitting in my UPS store box for a while, a tantalizing treat awaiting my return home. I was finally able to pick them up today. Huzzah - right?

I also saw my doctor who said I have an ear infection, so no sticking things in my ear holes. Cue sad trombone music.

I have to laugh because it really is hilarious. Feel free to have a good chuckle at my expense. Schadenfreude is good for the soul.

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #39,193 of 40,826
That’s just the thing.. I don’t think the problem was that widespread, just from what I’ve seen. I believe this is simply a preemptive measure as I assumed would be the case.

The 4 unaltered, normal units from the same batch as failures survived canjam no problem. Probably a harder problem to diagnose or replicate individually, so they just said screw it. Remake them again and go from there. Only a guess. Sucks because it undoubtedly tacks on time but the outcome probably outweighs frustration from delays. That being said, hopefully some additional hours are put in to shorten the delay as much as possible. I needs mine!
Now imagine your new 3600$ raven breaking in your hands from barely taking out a two pin connector … let them do what they have to do. Enjoy your other stuff for now. Which I’m sure we all have plenty of ..Trust me you don’t want to go through that just be patient

Oct 6, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #39,195 of 40,826
Wish we could get all aluminum iems like fir
For real my xe6 is built like a tank super comfortable with TOTL resolution like cmon now ! Lol never have to worry for a split second it will break from regular use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back