Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 6, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #37,711 of 40,613
24A78F1A-E577-4ADF-80BF-752A0167EB0F.jpeg

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #37,712 of 40,613
Apr 7, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #37,713 of 40,613
Here I was thinking I have a neat base for a design, just to realize these are crows and not ravens, rip the dream

Attachments

• Rick-and-Two-Crows.jpg
    Rick-and-Two-Crows.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #37,715 of 40,613
Hello there, I’m new around these parts. Looking forward to more impressions and news about this upcoming Raven release. Any insight would be extremely helpful!!
Welcome @SoundFlow to Headfi.

I think there are quite a few of us waiting for more impressions of Raven, myself included.

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #37,716 of 40,613
Hello there, I’m new around these parts. Looking forward to more impressions and news about this upcoming Raven release. Any insight would be extremely helpful!!
Welcome @SoundFlow to Headfi.

I think there are quite a few of us waiting for more impressions of Raven, myself included.

Welcome, and welcome to the club of people that are just waiting for more impressions all around!

Apr 9, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #37,720 of 40,613
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #37,722 of 40,613
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #37,723 of 40,613
a bit of a random enquiry here; I have 2 pairs of EE Phantom, both bought on the Head-Fi classified and both universals.
I've been having another Phantom renaissance lately, listening to it every day with the Sony WM1Z and loving the combo!

It just occurred to me that I could try to get the second pair re-shelled into a custom version (CIEMs).

I seem to recall this might be something that Empire themselves do not do (please let me know if this would in fact be possible!).

Assuming not, then can anyone recommend some good re-shelling services?
I'm based in the UK, and had impressions done here by Gisele of Aid2Hearing fame; she has the original molds, plus digital scans of them.
It would be easiest to send digital scans of course, but that's not a dealbreaker.

Price is a factor here too, as I don't have a lot of money to throw at this, but I'm open-minded to see what you all can recommend and check them out!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give :)

Apr 12, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #37,724 of 40,613
In other news, after hearing some glowing reports here on combining the EA Code 23 with Legend X, I decided to try the Code 23 with the EE Phantom.
Now, I love the pretty unique sound signature and timbre of the Phantom, so in fact my ideal is a cable that stays close to that original signature but maybe adds a bit more bass impact, or a bit more detail.. just minor tweaks really.

To my ears, the Code 23 made quite a significant difference.
The soundstage seemed to open up further and separation increased. I felt a lift, I think in the upper mids, and some improvement in detail retrieval.

However, in doing so, it did seem to change the sound signature to a slightly more conventional one; albeit an extremely good one!
I could imagine this combination could perhaps allow people, who had previously not found the Phantom entirely to their taste, to enjoy the Phantom or even love it.

Conversely, for those who already love the Phantom's sound signature, this combo at least offers something new and different, much like the way a new (and excellent) IEM can offer a new and delightful way of hearing familiar music :)

Anyway, just giving some love for an older EE model which is still getting a lot of mileage with me.

Now, back to the Raven anticipation and excitement :D

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #37,725 of 40,613
a bit of a random enquiry here; I have 2 pairs of EE Phantom, both bought on the Head-Fi classified and both universals.
I've been having another Phantom renaissance lately, listening to it every day with the Sony WM1Z and loving the combo!

It just occurred to me that I could try to get the second pair re-shelled into a custom version (CIEMs).

I seem to recall this might be something that Empire themselves do not do (please let me know if this would in fact be possible!).

Assuming not, then can anyone recommend some good re-shelling services?
I'm based in the UK, and had impressions done here by Gisele of Aid2Hearing fame; she has the original molds, plus digital scans of them.
It would be easiest to send digital scans of course, but that's not a dealbreaker.

Price is a factor here too, as I don't have a lot of money to throw at this, but I'm open-minded to see what you all can recommend and check them out!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give :)
I have a custom Phantom direct from EE and love it! Sad they discontinued it. I don’t have any re-shelling recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back