Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 9, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #35,161 of 40,582
I've been wanting to ask this group - any of you have this "concern"?

My right IEM shell has an uneven area where the 2-Pin connectors are - leaving a space for me to see one of the pins.

@Jack Vang - Any issues on a certain batch? Because this is the 1st time I'm seeing this. Can I still have my unit replaced?

20220310_105501 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #35,162 of 40,582
What do you think of the ESR Mk II? I am thinking of buying a pair. I listen to everything, and no I'm not a bass head.

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #35,163 of 40,582
What do you think of the ESR Mk II? I am thinking of buying a pair. I listen to everything, and no I'm not a bass head.

I LOVE IT! I was looking for a flat response IEM that doesn't sound dull - I listened to the UERM/UERR but found that to be too boring for my ears.

I just love how it pairs with my current gears and to my ears, musicality is top notch!

I'm looking at other EE IEMs now - great great IEM!

Now if only @Jack Vang would be able to help me with my concern 🙏

Mar 10, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #35,164 of 40,582
I LOVE IT! I was looking for a flat response IEM that doesn't sound dull - I listened to the UERM/UERR but found that to be too boring for my ears.

I just love how it pairs with my current gears and to my ears, musicality is top notch!

Replied to your PM :)

Mar 10, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #35,166 of 40,582
Just a slightly bent 2-pin on the stock cable with the ESR MKII. Just a little work with the tweezer and orientation is all back. Happy to report there's no damage on the part of the ESR socket, or shell.
Just saw your reply - now that's customer service!!

Thanks a lot @Jack Vang

Really appreaciate it!!!

Mar 10, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #35,167 of 40,582
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the EXT vs Odin, I favour a V-Shaped exciting sound than a neutral one and the EXT is very much on my shortlist at the moment.
As always it depends on your Library. For me the fit is great for both headphones, I would give the edge to the EXT. Bass response is great for both, great layering and depth. I cannot decide here, great performance overall. The mids goes to the EXT for my taste. My favourite genre is rock and the Odin is a little a little less powerful with guitars. But it can be a totally different story with your library. Treble is also great with both. The EXT is a little bit more organic for me, everything fits better so I would take the EXT. The EXT really sounds like an Over Ear headphone. Seperation, stage, timbre everything is spot on. The Odin is great there too, so don't get me wrong. Just for my taste the EXT nails it, but it is really close.

Mar 10, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #35,168 of 40,582
Just a slightly bent 2-pin on the stock cable with the ESR MKII. Just a little work with the tweezer and orientation is all back. Happy to report there's no damage on the part of the ESR socket, or shell.

Yes, no damage on the socket (I never said there was yah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Staff acknowledged that the right IEM shell was uneven at the 2pin area as well. But pointed out the slightly bent stock pins. Straightened out but still has the gap. So opted the offer to have the cable replaced - stock cable was replaced from an open boxed ESR (1st) - replacement cable pins were a bit too loose for my taste.

Mar 10, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #35,169 of 40,582
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the EXT vs Odin, I favour a V-Shaped exciting sound than a neutral one and the EXT is very much on my shortlist at the moment.
They are very different IEM's, neither really come across as V-shaped. The EXT is more U shaped with a more relaxed take on the mids and extends very well in the treble. Odin Is more energetic, 'clean' and fast with a deep sub bass emphasis and upper mids emphasis, great for acoustic type music and Electronic. What genres will you be listening to?

Also.... May have an EVO incoming to pit up against the EXT, Odin and LX with the Hugo 2, SE200 and C9. Very Excite :dt880smile:

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #35,172 of 40,582

I replaced my UERM with a Zeus. Both sort of neutral and reference-y, but the Zeus kicks the UERM's butt. Add a good cable and it takes "reference" to a different place.

Mar 10, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #35,173 of 40,582
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #35,174 of 40,582
What would be better Universal or Custom? I know with customs they would probably fit better, but with Universals, I could still sell them.

Mar 10, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #35,175 of 40,582
What would be better Universal or Custom? I know with customs they would probably fit better, but with Universals, I could still sell them.
You pretty much answered your own question, by listing the #1 pro and #1 con...
Personally, I am a big fan of customs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back