Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #30,376 of 40,606
@JoshWatkins Quick question on the new shell colors. How does the new translucent mist compare to the older translucent storm? Thanks.

The LX SE was done in the new mist for the shells - see pic below - and I'd say it is a touch less tinted and more see through. Kind of splitting the difference between a full clear and what storm was.

Attachments

• IMG_5736.JPG
    IMG_5736.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #30,377 of 40,606
I must’ve missed the debate. Too busy, fanboying I suppose.

Insane how something naturally occurring (abalone) was used as an anchor of reference.. versus a man made material.. exclusively contracted by Empire Ears… years ago... but I digress. I suppose knowing things before you try to condemn others always beats the alternative. Have a great day, bud.
Congrats on grasping my point, that was exactly it :)

Jul 9, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #30,379 of 40,606
Oh if you deem yourself worthy to assess on behalf of all I shall henceforth speak no more. Pardon m'lord for disturbing your brilliance with my mortal existence.

Jul 9, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #30,381 of 40,606
Your petulance has been forgiveth.
As is thy hatred towards your brother. Harbor none. Lets brainstorm some cool faceplate ideas :)

Jul 9, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #30,383 of 40,606
Opal. Done and done.
Oof no rest for the wallets. I'd be cool with some polymer magic opal lookalike, less waste lower cost etc.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #30,388 of 40,606
The LX SE was done in the new mist for the shells - see pic below - and I'd say it is a touch less tinted and more see through. Kind of splitting the difference between a full clear and what storm was.
Thanks. Trying to decide what colors / design I want for my next EE CIEM. Translucent shells are pretty cool since you can see the internals and the great engineering and craftsmanship.

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #30,389 of 40,606
Thanks. Trying to decide what colors / design I want for my next EE CIEM. Translucent shells are pretty cool since you can see the internals and the great engineering and craftsmanship.
I agree. Pretty funny… with my custom LX, I sometimes take them out to look at the weapon IX’s. After hearing the bass thump I feel like I should be able to see the twin DD’s moving but nope. So bizarre.

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #30,390 of 40,606

I agree. Pretty funny… with my custom LX, I sometimes take them out to look at the weapon IX’s. After hearing the bass thump I feel like I should be able to see the twin DD’s moving but nope. So bizarre.

The good Lord willing' and the crick don't rise, I'll be getting my Odin customs in about two weeks. Bifrost with Mist shells. Yes, I admit I plan to get out my USB microscope out to take a good long look whilst their burning in!!

:astonished::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back