Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 18, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #26,043 of 40,591
Until Jack sees it and ships me a box of rocks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Ah.. I doubt that will happen. He has been quoting 8 weeks, almost long enough you forget you placed an order

Nov 18, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #26,044 of 40,591
You just opened the floodgates

TxfKJjJ.gif
Hahaha, yes, here we come!

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #26,045 of 40,591
How about a cheaper Custom LX-like IEM?
Something in the $995 price range?

Nov 20, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #26,052 of 40,591
Since day 1 we've always welcomed feedback on our products, negative or positive, and we let the community do the talking since it's mostly preference based anyways. I'm not one to tell you (or reviewers) how your ears should be hearing things but just rather what we tried to achieve. Our products have always been a culmination of feedback from the community and it'll always remain that way.

In regards to the competition I have nothing but great things to say about several of them. I've known Vitaliy (64) the longest and we always catch up whenever time allows. Jerry (JH) is probably the nicest and most humble person i've met in the IEM industry. Bogdan (Fir) and I chop it up at tradeshows. The guys at DITA, Custom Art, MRR, UE, CTM and Alclair are also really chill. Dale (Fender/Spearlabs) supported this company's Kickstarter launch campaign in 2014. Amin and Marcel (VE) are my definite go-to drinking bros and while there's more stories than I care to count my point is that it's a small, tight-knit industry and respect is given when it's received. Negativity? Ain't nobody got time for that.

ANYWAYS with all of that being said.........what would you like to see next from us? :)
A more budget orientated range with some of the packaging stripped back to resemble that? I miss the days of the Supra, Cerberus and so on.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #26,054 of 40,591
I actually still have the Supra. Think I'll give it a listen over the weekend.

Still got my cerberus. Jack probably still has cold sweats about my fit issues. Found the reasons for those. Audiologist of the time was doing it wrong (wish I had known that then :frowning2: :frowning2: ) Hadn't been covering the tragus part of the ear despite being given the instructions. Typically of this year had found an audiologist who knew what they were doing and not been able to get back for another set of impressions for different reasons :frowning2:

Nov 20, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #26,055 of 40,591
I went ahead and ordered an AK SA700 to drive my Odin. The DAC (x2) used is an energy efficient version of the AKM4497EQ, so I would think the sound is better than my AK240SS which I ended up giving to my son, a budding audiophile at 19 who receives most of his dad’s hand me downs. 🤣

This is my fifth AK dap: I’ve owned the original AK100, AK120, AK240, AK240SS, and now the SA700. I like the smaller size (not a fan of these large size daps these days) of the SA700, and its retro styling fits in nicely with my preferred aesthetic.

For $999, I couldn’t pass on this great deal! 🎉

I’ll report back on the sound though my Odin, but I anticipate a long burn-in process with the SA700, so it will be awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back