Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #22,501 of 40,587
About an hour to go :)
I really should've just slept lol
It's 11am here in Toronto and I'm still awake... I couldn't woken up on time for the official announcement... :sweat_smile:

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #22,502 of 40,587
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #22,508 of 40,587
you can already order them at some distributors bro.. it isnt less than wraith its more :wink: maybe cause of the cable ?
Well all we have is the quote from jack saying it would be less. And all we have seen so far are international distributors. So unless something has changed, in the US, I would assume it'll still be less. Also I'm still sure it's going to be crazy expensive, but we will know soon enough.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #22,509 of 40,587
It will be LESSSSSSSSS than the Wraith. It is not going to be Thummin price. Anyone willing to make a wager?

Edit: Disregard, gambling is illegal.

I would make the wager. Gambling illegal. Friendly betting is not! Lol.

Yeah I'm pretty positive it'll be less then $3500. Given that the pricing from other internation sources being shown are what they are, they're marked up usually 17% depending on country due to import taxes. So yeah it's a safe bet that it's less then 3500. Probably not by much though.

My guess would be, $3,199 or $3,299

Possibly a little less. I think the way empire ears is able to get a price lower then Wraith with more tech is because they probably bought a larger supply of parts. Given they're releasing an entire lineup all using electrostat and w9+. My guess is they have larger bulk of parts given they're putting the parts in an entire lineup. (Like FiiO did with their screens they did m11,Pro and m15 to reduce cost on screens) So, slightly reduced costs and thus slightly reduced pricing on Odin vs Wraith

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #22,510 of 40,587
I would make the wager. Gambling illegal. Friendly betting is not! Lol.

Yeah I'm pretty positive it'll be less then $3500. Given that the pricing from other internation sources being shown are what they are, they're marked up usually 17% depending on country due to import taxes. So yeah it's a safe bet that it's less then 3500. Probably not by much though.

My guess would be, $3,199 or $3,299

Possibly a little less. I think the way empire ears is able to get a price lower then Wraith with more tech is because they probably bought a larger supply of parts. Given they're releasing an entire lineup all using electrostat and w9+. My guess is they have larger bulk supply, slightly reduced costs and thus slightly reduced pricing on Odin vs Wraith
If I ever offer to make a bet there's a 100% chance I know I am not going to lose :wink:

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #22,511 of 40,587
It will be LESSSSSSSSS than the Wraith. It is not going to be Thummin price. Anyone willing to make a wager?

Edit: Disregard, gambling is illegal.
I would wager... but I think it's cheating since I know the price....lol

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #22,512 of 40,587
I would wager... but I think it's cheating since I know the price....lol

Then you're not gambling so it's not illegal! Good for you m8 you beat the system. Lol.

That's what good gambling advice is though right? You become the house, always have the edge and don't actually gamble. Only bet when you have an inside line. You must work on Wall Street my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back