Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 30, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #22,291 of 40,613
i hear it is very bright...

i have the custom , i get zero sibilance but i have well mastered 16/44 FLAC files

i found both NT-6 and CK-10 to be more bright , on the threshold of sibilance but zeus ? nope , at least for me (maybe other can chime in)

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #22,292 of 40,613
:beyersmile:Oh boy .... "There's a hero, if you look inside your heart .... don't ever be afraid of what you are...."

This is the song I think of when "Hero" comes up.

Need a hero to save me now
I need a hero (to save me now)
I need a hero to save my life
A hero'll save me (just in time)

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #22,293 of 40,613
Bravado are awesome - love my customs!!!
If the HERO is an improved Bravado, without sacrificing its awesome bass - I am very interested :wink:
Just have your credit card ready, you know you want to buy it. Just buy it!

Glad you really like your Bravados. Mine haven't been getting a lot of time as I've been listening to my Phantoms. But that W9 driver does rock!

Hope you're doing well!

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #22,294 of 40,613
If they can fix the obvious things sacrificed to get the Bravado price point where it is I believe they would have a great product. I'm assuming they are trying to have something to compete in the sound/ price points of the Nio / Solaris with the Hero... That means the Odin is going for the higher end market such as Sultan and Fourte. I'm not mad they pushed the release back either considering we may have a hurricane bearing down us here in FL this weekend lol. Hurricanes are no good when you're trying to get something over-nighted.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #22,297 of 40,613
i have the custom , i get zero sibilance but i have well mastered 16/44 FLAC files

i found both NT-6 and CK-10 to be more bright , on the threshold of sibilance but zeus ? nope , at least for me (maybe other can chime in)
Really depends on the source and the cable. With a silver or silver hybrid and a fairly neutral DAP, it can get a bit brittle. With my AK, I got rid of the stock Massdrop hybrid cable immediately. With my Zeus, it came originally with a hybrid and it was just too much. With the Ares ll, much better but still a bright and detailed IEM. With a better copper cable, like the 1960 or even the Eletech Fortitude, no issues at all. The AK is not a very warm DAP to begin with. All of this stuff has to work together. Just changing the type of tips I use from standard Sedna to the Ex version made a discernible difference. And we aren't even talking about music type, mastering, files, etc.

Jul 30, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #22,298 of 40,613
That good huh?

As much as I love the bass on the LX, I find it can be a bit too much at times. It's been relegated to "guilty pleasure" status so doesn't get much use. Nemesis gets me most of the way there with a more balanced signature.

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #22,299 of 40,613
As much as I love the bass on the LX, I find it can be a bit too much at times. It's been relegated to "guilty pleasure" status so doesn't get much use. Nemesis gets me most of the way there with a more balanced signature.
I just grabbed the Trio on sale for that exact reason. Seems to be the mature version of the LX. I’ll find out soon.

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #22,300 of 40,613
Just have your credit card ready, you know you want to buy it. Just buy it!

Glad you really like your Bravados. Mine haven't been getting a lot of time as I've been listening to my Phantoms. But that W9 driver does rock!

Hope you're doing well!
Doing well - thanks buddy! Hope you're doing well, too :)
Honestly, since I am pretty much at home 99% of the time - the Bravado do not get much use recently... I LOVE their bass. Never thought before that such great bass can be achieved by IEMs :wink:

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #22,301 of 40,613
Odin’s 4EST, 5BA, 2DD?
Empire you absolute madmen

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #22,303 of 40,613
Just worrying the power of my ak se200

I’m more worried those W9s will completely overpower the ESTs. Those EST drivers are often barely noticeable.

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #22,305 of 40,613

Users who are viewing this thread

Back