Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 6, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #21,829 of 40,600
Steven Wilson (Prog God) loves ABBA so everyone should. He puts them up there with The Beatles.

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #21,831 of 40,600
Sorry, I'm old. NO ONE is up there with The Beatles. :)

Now let's argue about lossy vs. lossless. :)

I love Beatles , but i need to state a fact

Sgt Pepper is a)the most hyped/overated album in rock history and b) it's kinda boring (i mean Love - Forever Changes , is way better and i mention this album cause it is also a psychedelic album released in 1967)

also lossless all the way for me :xf_cool:

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #21,832 of 40,600
Love? Really? And I much prefer Rubber Soul and Revolver.

At least you didn't say Paul Revere and the Raiders. Now if you had said Pet Sounds it would have been a better argument.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #21,833 of 40,600
I dont mean to take away from all this naming talk but i can't find where i was reading this (didnt find it here in a search) but rumor has it EE is working on a Legend X type iem with estats? Anyone have any more info on this or confirmation on rumors? Sorry if it was in this thread.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #21,834 of 40,600
Love? Really? And I much prefer Rubber Soul and Revolver.

At least you didn't say Paul Revere and the Raiders. Now if you had said Pet Sounds it would have been a better argument.

I am an Abbey Road fan myself , perfect Beatles album imo - as for this Paul revere dude never heard of him

btw since you love Beatles , what's your opinion on this great album (by a dude who was Paul and John's favorite musician at the time) ?

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

Jul 6, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #21,835 of 40,600
GREAT album. Though I like Son of Schmilsson better. Joy and The Lotteryr Song are real winners.
And I also love Abbey Road (side two) - I had an unfortunate.... and unplanned....drug experience.....in 1969 where side one was played over and over for several hours. I can listen to it now, but still am not fond of it. Gotta love the 60's, all kinds of stuff happened..

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #21,836 of 40,600
GREAT album. Though I like Son of Schmilsson better. Joy and The Lotteryr Song are real winners.
And I also love Abbey Road (side two) - I had an unfortunate.... and unplanned....drug experience.....in 1969 where side one was played over and over for several hours. I can listen to it now, but still am not fond of it. Gotta love the 60's, all kinds of stuff happened..

Legend. (did Lucy pay you a visit then?)

Jul 7, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #21,837 of 40,600
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #21,838 of 40,600
I will listen to anything from the pot-smoking Beatles, didn't care for the earliest stuff. I am an Abby Road fan, but I find most Beatles purists love Revolver.

ABBA, not so much.

Thumbs-up on Son of Schmilsson

Jul 7, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #21,839 of 40,600
This is so accurate, here where I live (Denmark), Eurovision is just a hilarious show!!
So funny, I pressed play, didn't read any of the text and almost immediately thought: "Eurovision. This must be from Eurovision." The irony is that I never actually watch it, but it is just so iconic that it is instantly recognisable.

...now how do I get this out of my head again? :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #21,840 of 40,600
So funny, I pressed play, didn't read any of the text and almost immediately thought: "Eurovision. This must be from Eurovision." The irony is that I never actually watch it, but it is just so iconic that it is instantly recognisable.

...now how do I get this out of my head again? :sweat_smile:
You can't, I find myself singing this in the shower now!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back