Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 4, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #9,541 of 40,582
I also prefer the XIV mode 99.5% of the time when I am demoing the Zeus-XRA unit. Though I still purchased Zeus-XR as it certainly gives a wider security net. It covers a wider variety of music, just in case if I come across some music that sounds better on the R mode. Spending $300 more on a Legendary IEM with two signatures is better than buy a second TOTL iem that cost another two grand.

I think the Zeus-XR's versatility will do a good job in preventing me from getting another sidegrade iem.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #9,542 of 40,582
Comply''s give good bass and timbre but they seem to remove some transparency and depth. As I posted before, the Final Audio Heaven tips (recommended to me by several Head-Fi'ers here) are the best (to my ears) silicone tips for the Zeus. As I posted earlier in this thread, you can contact the U.S. distributer and purchase a demo pack in varying sizes from small/small to large/large for around ten/twelve buck with quick shipping. I've been using Comply tips for years, but with the Zeus they take away some of the "specialness" of the Zeus' sound. If you do purchase Final Audio tips, start out with the smallest tips and then move up just until you get a good seal. The deeper the insertion in your ears the more bass and timbre you get. Use the link below to order them. If you are not in the U.S., I'm told they are sold all over Japan. Otherwise, you might inquire at the link below where you could purchase them closer to home.

info@finalaudiousa.com
Can you specify : Final Audio ear tips A type or B type ?
https://www.finalaudio.nl/en/products/accessories/ear-tips.html

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #9,544 of 40,582
http://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html
Should be the link to the earpiece section of S’Next which is Final Audio. As I was getting it to paste in above our town lost power (been really windy all day) and I’m using my phone to post this. Just ask for Heaven E tips in the color you want. If you are unsure pm me and once power comes on I’ll email them directly re the same tips I got. I can’t pull up info right now and the package just says “E”. And I’m in the dark with a flashlight right now :)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #9,545 of 40,582
Thank you, and hold on !..

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #9,547 of 40,582
Here's how I would break it down based on my preferences:

R - Classical, Ensembles, Orchestra, Rock, Binaural

XIV - Rock, Jazz, Vocal, Solo, Metal, Blues, Hip Hop, Country, R&B

Neither tuning of the Zeus work ideally for the following genres, so the choice would be a matter of preference: Pop, Electronic, Reggaeton, Psychedelic, House

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #9,549 of 40,582
20171205_062327.jpg

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #9,550 of 40,582
Dec 5, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #9,551 of 40,582
tips.jpg This is the packaging I got. The one on the right held the black tips that I am using.

Dealer's link is: http://snext-final.com/en/dealers/ However, the American distributor told me when I phoned that most dealers, at least in America, don't stock the tips. That's why I included the contact email address for the distributor. Price was nominal, shipping was quick. Again, email address for them is info@finalaudiousa.com

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #9,552 of 40,582
This is the packaging I got. The one on the right held the black tips that I am using.

Dealer's link is: http://snext-final.com/en/dealers/ However, the American distributor told me when I phoned that most dealers, at least in America, don't stock the tips. That's why I included the contact email address for the distributor. Price was nominal, shipping was quick. Again, email address for them is info@finalaudiousa.com
The black one looks very stealthy. I have a pair of them too. It's very comfortable, and durable. Still looks like new, although I got it last March, and used it often.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #9,553 of 40,582
I did some searching, those Final Audio E tips cost around 15 euros (17,5 USD) with shipping...
What have they more / better than the Spinfit silicone tips provided by Emire Ears with the Zeus ?

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #9,554 of 40,582
I paid 10 or12 dollars including shipping in the US. And that cost is for 5 sets in varying sizes. I don't like SpinFit, I do like these. Finding the right tips is a journey, I have a plastic gallon baggie with a wide variety of tips I've tried and found wanting. It's always a crapshoot, people here recommended these to me, I tried them, they do it for me (and them). Not much more I can say about them. :)

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #9,555 of 40,582
Other than custom (acrylic/silicone), the SpinFit single/dual flange are my overall favorite sizes-fit-most universal eartips. The Final eartips are pretty snazzy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

• nioh
Back