emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions?
Jul 4, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #91 of 148

Do you have any recommendation on which fuse to use with the Stealth 8's?

I'm deciding between the Synergistic Research Red Quantum Fuse, Audio Magic Premier Super Fuse, and the Hifi-Tuning Supreme.

I use hifi tuning supreme fuses in both of my emotive speakers. They make a huge difference in the way the monitors sound. A absolutely essential in my opinion addition you need to make to get the best out of the emotiva speakers.

Jul 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #92 of 148
A fuse affecting sound quality, this type of post makes me want to stop reading posts on these forums.  Honestly I am becoming so fed up with audiophile ******** it makes me wonder if anything posted is worth reading.   A fuse has ZERO to do with sound quality, and if anyone can prove me wrong I would be delighted to read the evidence..

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #94 of 148
They are 20% until January.

Most likely will get them but will have to sell the 6s to my friend first and then someone else lol.

Gonna re-read impressions :)

Nov 18, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #95 of 148
  It'll take a few months to get them, but I'll be on the Emotiva Pro Stealth 8 team in November/December. I'll report my findings after I get them and get them setup, though it's not going to be ideal for a while. 

Well, I have received the Stealth 8s and holy sh!t do they ever sound good. The 2 setups I tried were far from ideal, but man are their mids ever clear, highs are smooth, and the bass is impactful, fast, and tight. These have some of the smoothest, clearest mids I've ever hear. Vocals on them were sublime, and I had no idea that was coming.  

I will be trying them on my home system with a different PC source, DAC and pre-amp in several weeks, so hopefully that will answer my question about the fullness/bloom that I'd like to also be hearing in the bass. Right now they're just lacking a little plumpness that I'd like, as a bass lover, in the bass department. But I don't know if that was the DAC I had them on or what. We'll see.

Anyway, happy Stealth 8 owner, right here. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #96 of 148
  Well, I have received the Stealth 8s and holy sh!t do they ever sound good. The 2 setups I tried were far from ideal, but man are their mids ever clear, highs are smooth, and the bass is impactful, fast, and tight. These have some of the smoothest, clearest mids I've ever hear. Vocals on them were sublime, and I had no idea that was coming.  

I will be trying them on my home system with a different PC source, DAC and pre-amp in several weeks, so hopefully that will answer my question about the fullness/bloom that I'd like to also be hearing in the bass. Right now they're just lacking a little plumpness that I'd like, as a bass lover, in the bass department. But I don't know if that was the DAC I had them on or what. We'll see.

Anyway, happy Stealth 8 owner, right here. 

I'll have my pair next week. I have the PS Audio PWD Mkii as well. it paired very well w/ the Airmotiv 6.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #97 of 148

I'll have my pair next week. I have the PS Audio PWD Mkii as well. It paired very well w/ the Airmotiv 6.

Awesome, looks like that ~20% off sale they've got going is what people needed. I'm definitely an Emotiva fan now :-D

And that's good to hear that the PWD MkII paired well with your Airmotiv 6. I'm sure their sound signature has got to be similar enough to say they'd be a good pairing. If I understand the PWD MkII well enough though, it's big low end should fit well with making a studio monitor sound more musical/enjoyable. 

Let me know how it goes after you get yours in :)

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #98 of 148
They arrived yesterday and boy are they huge!! I need to get shorter stands or have mine cut at a metal shop.

From a hour of low volume listening w/ nothing tweaked in the back I can say they fill up the room way more than the airmotiv 6s. They still have the same sound for the most part but better all around. Thinking about toeing them in some.

I might have to trade for the stealth 6s if I don't change my mind.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #99 of 148
  They arrived yesterday and boy are they huge!! I need to get shorter stands or have mine cut at a metal shop.

From a hour of low volume listening w/ nothing tweaked in the back I can say they fill up the room way more than the airmotiv 6s. They still have the same sound for the most part but better all around. Thinking about toeing them in some.

I might have to trade for the stealth 6s if I don't change my mind.

Good to hear you got them in :-D

I'm looking at stands now, how tall were your originals and what're you looking at cutting them down to? And what's your listening position type and seat height + ear height?

About trading for the Stealth 6, what do you mean? You think the 8 is too big for your room? The Stealth 6 was discontinued as far as I know, though, since the newly introduced Airmotiv 6S competed closely with it, but had a noticeable price difference. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #100 of 148
As Ben already knows I just received my Stealth 8 speakers 3 days ago. I think I have decided to keep them on my desk and get the Isoacoustics 200 series stands for them. I was considering the Ultimate Support MS-80 stands but they don't offer any elevation change and I am not a big fan of angle adjustment anyway. I think the Isoacoustics stands with their low risers should give me the 4-6" in height I am looking for.

My Airmotiv 5s compared to the Stealth 8:

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #101 of 148
Good to hear you got them in :-D

I'm looking at stands now, how tall were your originals and what're you looking at cutting them down to? And what's your listening position type and seat height + ear height?

About trading for the Stealth 6, what do you mean? You think the 8 is too big for your room? The Stealth 6 was discontinued as far as I know, though, since the newly introduced Airmotiv 6S competed closely with it, but had a noticeable price difference. 

My current stands are 27" high which I just toe'd in about 5 degrees. I'm thinking 5-6 inches shorter would be perfect. The speakers are set up with the tv with the couch about 8 feet away. Sitting down my ears are around the bottom of the woofer.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #102 of 148
My current stands are 27" high which I just toe'd in about 5 degrees. I'm thinking 5-6 inches shorter would be perfect. The speakers are set up with the tv with the couch about 8 feet away. Sitting down my ears are around the bottom of the woofer.

Thanks for that. I was looking at 30" stands and I sit a fair bit higher, so it sounds like they might line up alright. 

When I tried them out I definitely had to line my ear up more level with the tweeter to get its magic. And man do I ever find these have a nice, natural top end to them.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #103 of 148
So a bit after watching some Netflix there was complete silence for about an hour then the woofer began to make a bass noise and move very fast. When it happened I thought someone was rolling a bowling ball on the floor above me. So I turned the speaker off and when I did I noticed the back of the speaker felt hot along with the heat sink. I felt the back of the other speaker and it was only mildly warm.

Is the amp going bad on me or is static build up of some kind?

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #104 of 148
So a bit after watching some Netflix there was complete silence for about an hour then the woofer began to make a bass noise and move very fast. When it happened I thought someone was rolling a bowling ball on the floor above me. So I turned the speaker off and when I did I noticed the back of the speaker felt hot along with the heat sink. I felt the back of the other speaker and it was only mildly warm.

Is the amp going bad on me or is static build up of some kind?

Most likely a problem with the electronics within the speaker. Time to contact Emotiva.

If you disconnect any inputs to the speaker and find it still occurs you will have eliminated all other possibilities.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #105 of 148
Most likely a problem with the electronics within the speaker. Time to contact Emotiva.

If you disconnect any inputs to the speaker and find it still occurs you will have eliminated all other possibilities.

Thanks I'll try that next time it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back