Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Jun 22, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #781 of 903
  Humm, You may be thinking about changing the jumpers that enable/disable the 2db 20hz bass boost of the headphone amp?
I did make a post at the Emo forums some time back with my idea to change to switching feature of the headphone jacks, but no one responded with anything like your talking about.

You are correct.  It's been awhile since I read the manual.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #783 of 903
  I think that it is just a menu item.

NO, It's not.  
deadhorse.gif

http://emotiva.com/resources/manuals/stealth_DC-1_user_v15.pdf

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/thread/47082/dc-1-headphone-jack-concern

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #786 of 903
  Hey fellas, I just posted my review of this guy: http://www.head-fi.org/products/emotiva-stealth-dc-1-balanced-24-192-fully-differential-dac/reviews/16317

Great review JD.  Your findings mirror mine exactly.
One hell of a product and a top value choice!
Sal

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #790 of 903
Thanks for sharing! I know this is apples to oranges but how would you compare the Gungnir Multibit to the Stealth DC-1?

Well, I did not have both units at the same time so my assessment may not be 100% consistent… But, I'd say the Gumby threw a more realistic soundstage and had a slightly warmer tint over the stealth. Both were easy to listen to however, and the Stealth certainly was close in detail retrieval.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #791 of 903

I upgraded from the DC to a Bimby. In my system, my ears, I find the Bimby to be a bit more transparent with more detail. However, the DC is such a fabulous unit able to do so many thing really well, I am unable to bring myself to sell it.

Sep 24, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #792 of 903
Actually, the Bimby is going back in my stack this weekend as I have sold the Bimby  and ordered some goodies from China.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #794 of 903
Yah, sorry. The D.C. 1

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #795 of 903
I am trying to decide which upgraded DAC/Amp to purchase and stay under the $500 price point. I currently have a pair of HIFIMAN HE-400I and are going to add to to the collection the Fostex T50RP MK3 with mods and looking to find that one combo that will pretty much drive anything I want to throw out it. I am going to purchase the Airmotiv 5s or 6S to use with my computer desk in the future and Zeos has impressed the heck out me on these badboys. . I am not using any balanced XLR cables currently  and wondering can you really hear that they are better? I was wondering if it  is worth getting a set for my  HE-4001 and then set the Fostex that way ? I can't see mysel going to some $1500 DAC?Amp like the Oppo HA-1 in the future. 

Chosing between these 2 devices : Schiit Jotunheim or The Emotiva Stealth .  What which one you would buy ? 

Keith is there any updates or  a newer model scheduled to come out in the next 6 months ? 

Thanks 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back