Emotiva Pro airmotiv4 Loudspeakers Review
Jan 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #106 of 413
I would very much be interested in reading a review comparing Adam A5X's with Airmotiv 6's.

I had a post here that said my opinion on this review (hint: not good) and it mysteriously disapeared. :)

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #109 of 413
Based on one of Steve's reviews from last year, and coupled with an unbeatable eBay price, I picked up a pair of the AktiMate Minis in red:

http://www.aktimate.com.au/mini.html

They retail for $700 a pair and have Creek amplification and Epos speakers, although you can find them for far less if you dig (I couldn't pass them up at $299).  They sound great, better than Audioengine A5s, and come with a built in iPod dock and remote.  40WPC that fills a large room easily, decent bass.

Anyone else try these, or the AktiMate Maxis?

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #110 of 413
I'm interested in knowing about the airmotiv7s or 8s -- 8" woofer. And the matching sub. And the hifi line Emotiva is supposedly launching. And I'd like to know if they will have any three-way speakers with two different size AMTs at any point. The Tensor Delta is a healthy $10,000.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #112 of 413

Quote:
I'm interested in knowing about the airmotiv7s or 8s -- 8" woofer. And the matching sub. And the hifi line Emotiva is supposedly launching. And I'd like to know if they will have any three-way speakers with two different size AMTs at any point. The Tensor Delta is a healthy $10,000.

I contacted Emotiva about the matching sub and it's set to be released at the end of Q1.  10" composite woofer, 300 watts, DSP features with a $600 MSRP. That's coming from Emotiva 'Pro' which is the branch working on the airmotiv line.

I got an email from another Emotiva rep that said the X-Ref 10 would also pair well and it shares similar specs but costs $500.

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #113 of 413
Good stuff, thank you!

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #114 of 413
I am sorry to say that I like music that sounds very REAL, and these are very real, you have to use your best music to take the full advantage of them. Super clean highs, balanced and a nice BASS, this is what I have to say about them. I bought the smallest ones. I really love them!

Feb 2, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #115 of 413
I do not see any good description of the mid-bass that airmotiv 4 plays. Any opinions? To me quality dynamic bass is defined by how well speakers are crossovered and how well they can handle the mid-bass 90Hz-180Hz? Very interested as this is what we hear well in the nearfield at lower volumes, e.g. when listening to Audioengine A2. This is when I enjoy A2 immensely, but I just want a tidbit more upper resolution and that is why I am looking at the airmotiv 4. 

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #117 of 413
Ordered airmotiv5s. Ordered Elemental Designs A3S-250 sealed subwoofer. Won Denon PRA-1500 preamp. Will buy Monoprice XLRs to connect from pre to airmotivs. Ordered a new corner desk (won't be in the corner though). Shopping for a good chair, probably Allseating Chiroform. Not sure yet how I'll isolate the airmotivs, put them at ear height, and yet damp the early reflection off my LCD screens.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #118 of 413
I'm not too sure if this is answered yet, but how do these compare to the Swan M200MKIII? They are the same price and I'm trying to decide which one to get.

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #119 of 413
I was a dealer for Audio Engine. I really can not recommend these speakers. They have a dreadful midbass hump and lack upper octaves. Genelecs are clearly superior and smaller. The only thing appealing about the Audio engines is the USB port and that is no reason to buy a speaker that sounds as poor as these do given current options. In 2009 they were OK compared to what was out at the time..not anymore.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #120 of 413

Quote:
I was a dealer for Audio Engine. I really can not recommend these speakers. They have a dreadful midbass hump and lack upper octaves. Genelecs are clearly superior and smaller. The only thing appealing about the Audio engines is the USB port and that is no reason to buy a speaker that sounds as poor as these do given current options. In 2009 they were OK compared to what was out at the time..not anymore.

Genelecs should be better considering they are probably twice the cost. If you're talking about the 6010A model they are definitely smaller but not necessarily superior when it comes to their bass performance. I've heard them and they are a great sounding speaker but the bass is limited by a 3" woofer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back