Emotiva Pro airmotiv4 Loudspeakers Review
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #91 of 413
The nfb10 casing is pretty stout, I doubt it would hurt anything. I second the Monoprice recommendation. If you want sturdier cables, make you own out of mic cable and Neutrik plugs or buy them from Bluejeanscable.com.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #92 of 413

Quote:
So uh.... I bought these on impulse (shame on me, I know). Do these come with cables? If not, can anyone point in the direction of reliable xlr cables, maybe preferably off amazon?

Also, I am severely lacking in desk space; putting a 10lbs monitor on top of my NFB10, good idea or very very bad idea?

Emotiva, also sells interconnects.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #93 of 413
i'm thinking i'm going with the bluejean cables but the emotiva one's would probably do just fine too.  They look good too.
If anyone's reading this, i've been reading and reading and reading.  i want a good DAC for $600 or so.  I should probably make my own post but i've read a bunch of posts that are titled pretty much the same way i would have post mine.  They're all like three years old.  I tried copying and pasting names of just about every dac  that people have mentioned and researched them.  I wanted the dacmagic plus but one thing that throws me off was an article i read said that dac's built with op amps pretty much all sound the same and there is no difference between them audibly.  So what would be the next step and at a good price with balanced xlr output.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #94 of 413

Quote:
i'm thinking i'm going with the bluejean cables but the emotiva one's would probably do just fine too.  They look good too.
If anyone's reading this, i've been reading and reading and reading.  i want a good DAC for $600 or so.  I should probably make my own post but i've read a bunch of posts that are titled pretty much the same way i would have post mine.  They're all like three years old.  I tried copying and pasting names of just about every dac  that people have mentioned and researched them.  I wanted the dacmagic plus but one thing that throws me off was an article i read said that dac's built with op amps pretty much all sound the same and there is no difference between them audibly.  So what would be the next step and at a good price with balanced xlr output.

The Audio-gd NFB10SE is a balanced (XLR output) DAC/Headphone Amp/Preamp that you can use a remote with for $550. If someone can recommend better, please do. I own it and am very impressed with it.

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #95 of 413
Indeed that sounds like a great piece of equipment. XLRs, DAC, headphone, normal preamp, and has a remote is an impressive "do it all" box!

I had a brain fart about preamp output earlier, but now I'm thinking more clearly. I don't really need a DAC or headphone amp, and the remote is nice but I'll be at my desk for this sytem. XLRs are great but the RCA can be less than two feet for the installation I'm doing.

I'm hunting on eBay for a pre:
Proton AS 2631, Madrigal Proceed, Onkyo P-301, HK seventeen S, Sony TA/4300, Sony ST-JX401, Yamaha C-80, Yamaha C-45, Denon PRA-1200, ADCOM GFP-555 II, ADCOM GTP-500 II, Carver CT-17, Marantz AV600

Employing the risky maneuver of bidding on more than one auction simultaneously, when I only want to ultimately buy one item. Will make the clicks to order and STF-1 and airmotiv4 or airmotiv5 pair soon.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #96 of 413
I've actually heard quite ALOT about the audio-gd products and,..must be my new medication, i completely forgot about them!  Thank you so much for you reply.  It does seam like a pretty good deal.  The 10se uses the wm8741 which is 3 years newer than the wm8740 that the dacmagic plus uses.  Apparently the only difference between the two is that the wm8741 allows a high voltage? but basically is the same chip.   Thank you Tim
as for eugenius, if he is,... he is (@steve.)   30 day money back guarantee.  I can live with that.  

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #98 of 413
how about the Yulong d100? Its also a superior all in one box unit for 500$ I think.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #99 of 413
i looked at it and actually a long time ago i wanted it pretty badly along with a d7000 but i have read about a lot of problems that it has

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #101 of 413
the airmotiv6's will probably be my early birthday present.  they should make up for the past 14 years not getting any lol

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #102 of 413
I bought then, they arrived to Puerto Rico in 3 days. I am impressed by their BASS, the bass is heavy and don't distort, the tweeters are reality-christal-clears (Wow). I am using them in my computer, as for my everyday music hearing is done with the Senns HD800. I think these are the best speakers I have bought in my life.

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #104 of 413
I bought then, they arrived to Puerto Rico in 3 days. I am impressed by their BASS, the bass is heavy and don't distort, the tweeters are reality-christal-clears (Wow). I am using them in my computer, as for my everyday music hearing is done with the Senns HD800. I think these are the best speakers I have bought in my life.

Nice! Which ones did you buy? 4s, 5s, or 6s?

Jan 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #105 of 413

Quote:

Would you say they sound more analytical like studio monitors or more like normal hifi speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back